So are there like...anti-price manipulator vigilantes/police now?

Think people are overy reacting a bit, you are not going to get banned from poe.trade for being afk or having dnd on now & again.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Think people are overy reacting a bit, you are not going to get banned from poe.trade for being afk or having dnd on now & again.

Sure you will.
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Who knows? The guy who runs the site can do whatever he wants, including possibly believe some pests who run around reporting anyone who doesn't respond to trade requests.
I want an AH so that peoples with indexers faster than poe.trade and trade bots don't get an insanely unfair economic advantage over the legit players. Hell just a poe.trade equivalent ran by GGG and without disclosing trade tabs publicly so that no one can code an indexer faster than GGG's. This insane advantage that some peoples have is really starting to get on my nerve and i don't get why GGG is letting this go for so long.
Last edited by Krayken on Jan 13, 2017, 9:23:59 PM
"
MeWhenum wrote:
Ok, so I'm not crazy...I didn't see anyone else post about this I wondered if maybe I'd been singled out as suspicious for some reason.

Even though this sucks I'm still not sure how I'd feel about an AH...it would still be a flipper's dream. I really like the idea of an NPC vendor in your h/o who has every item you have for sale available to anybody who can enter your place. I was thinking when you trade requested someone, it would actually be automatic, and you'd have to DECLINE it manually in 15 seconds or so if you didn't want to trade; that would help with afk people and would make it a lot easier to identify people to ignore, since they'd be the ones manually declining and not responding.

Flippers can flip. It takes skills to know the market value of everything. But right now in POE, "flipping" is catching the easy deals with indexers that are faster than poe.trade. Requires no skills at all.

A good example this league is the Chains that Bind prophecy card, the only affordable stack of 11 divination card to complete the challenge. There is always 2 or 3 players that list it for 5 chaos and grabs all the cards listed under 11 chaos (which are mostly sold by the same guys who put the 5 chaos ones for trade). So basically they get all the good deals and resell them at 11 chaos, and hell there are a lot of good deals popping up. Those cards are popping up at under 10 chaos every 5 minutes but no one but the same 2-3 can snatch those deals because of their indexers. I tried to catch a good deal for 3 hours and could never get anything under 10 chaos.

This shit happens with every single popular item in the game.
"
Krayken wrote:
I want an AH so that peoples with indexers faster than poe.trade and trade bots don't get an insanely unfair economic advantage over the legit players. Hell just a poe.trade equivalent ran by GGG and without disclosing trade tabs publicly so that no one can code an indexer faster than GGG's. This insane advantage that some peoples have is really starting to get on my nerve and i don't get why GGG is letting this go for so long.

GGG figures that you like it the way it is. The only metric they have to gauge player satisfaction is supporter packs and mtx sales.
Just had third or fourth guy this league send a buy request for a high-dollar jewel, stopped my leveling for a minute to make the trade, put it in trade window, he cancels, leaves, and is immediately "offline."

This is getting really annoying . . .

Trading definitely needs a buff. I heard all the horror stores about D3 but the nefarious AH was long gone when I finally played the game last year. Decent game - it was fun but I missed the crazy skill tree we have in PoE...but one thing I really liked was how all the good equipment I needed eventually dropped the more I played. And at one point I realized that by not having to deal with trading and the random "hellos?", lowballers and getting one response as a buyer for every 10 you send out I got to focus the entirety of my time on PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME.

I quit PoE for a few months but when I got back into it I while back I shut all my trading down. Made a new character - it was fun without the PITA that trading is. Good times.

But I eventually turned it back on when my chaos reserves ran low...yeah it sucks ass, but it is a necessary thing in this game.

Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jan 13, 2017, 10:04:00 PM
Actually i miss all days when trading was hmm let's call it hard.
You needed to 2-3 times a day edit your shop on forum to add manually items one by one. You needed bump your threads every single hour to be on front page and shown as online. That way if some1 wanted item of any kind, when he found it on poetrade, after whispering seller he was like 99% sure he got deal done. Why? Cause players who maintained shop at that time was in like 95% dedicated traders who liked it and invited you insta for party for trade.
There was no such tricks and scams as we have now. Every1 is trader now :P Thats why now so many : no responds or sry im busy or item listed but DND or fake pricing or bots

That being said i actually wish we got some kind of AH in game (and i was always oposed to this so far). GGG need only to somehow handle bots that will try to do millions search per sec on that AH :P

Actually i miss all days when trading was hmm let's call it hard.
You needed to 2-3 times a day edit your shop on forum to add manually items one by one. You needed bump your threads every single hour to be on front page and shown as online. That way if some1 wanted item of any kind, when he found it on poetrade, after whispering seller he was like 99% sure he got deal done. Why? Cause players who maintained shop at that time was in like 95% dedicated traders who liked it and invited you insta for party for trade.
There was no such tricks and scams as we have now. Every1 is trader now :P Thats why now so many : no responds or sry im busy or item listed but DND or fake pricing or bots

That being said i actually wish we got some kind of AH in game (and i was always oposed to this so far). GGG need only to somehow handle bots that will try to do millions search per sec on that AH :P

+

I miss those days, always had Acquisition up to post the new shop and bump for reindex ^^

Much better times imo

These days it not only sucks for buyer but also for seller, I have to spam 20+ people to get a random cheap item or a gem, there really is no more interaction, literally just furiously spamming people until you get the first invite, due to so many afk's or people that just won't sell
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info