So are there like...anti-price manipulator vigilantes/police now?

So in the past couple days I frequently (like maybe 1-2 times per hour) get PMs from random people asking to buy my stuff which I listed for a pretty good deal. Ok, fine. They whisper, I send invite, I leave my map....then they decline the invite and won't respond to messages if I ask what the deal is.

I was pretty confused why this kept happening but I finally got one of the people doing it to tell me what was going on. He said he was trying to see which people were price manipulating by messaging all the low sellers and reporting/shaming people who don't respond. Personally I think that's pretty fucked up for a number of reasons. People making me leave my map and not buying is honestly 10x as annoying as a couple of chayubalalas on poetrade that I can just ignore. Also, what if the item is already sold and the person is tired of saying "sry sold" to everyone who PMs? What if the guy got up for 2 min to use the bathroom?

I hate the price manipulating shit as much as anybody but I feel like the community is making it into an even bigger mess than it already was. GGG, consider this your daily reminder that trade sucks big time and your "trade improvements", if they are actually improvements, are eagerly anticipated.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Jan 13, 2017, 8:54:26 AM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2017, 9:38:55 AM
Huh first time I've heard of that o.0
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 12, 2017, 9:30:24 PM
"
Huh first time I've heard of that o.0

I think maybe I am suspected of being a manipulator because 1) I list low because I'm impatient, and 2) I have been playing the same char almost the whole league so all my items are shown as listed by 1 name, so it looks like I have a lot of stuff listed (and I do)...but it's all legit for sale lol.
Last edited by MeWhenum on Jan 12, 2017, 9:33:29 PM
Ive had it happen to me a number of times, I guessed it was probably someone trying to price check something he wanted to sell testing the waters to see where the legit line was.
WTB AH with transaction history over at least 30 days.

Plz K thx np

Edit: you can have the auctioneer whisper you both "t4t" when buying or selling. Nothing changes except QOL.
Last edited by hoodar on Jan 12, 2017, 10:37:02 PM
I used to be one of the fairly staunch "AH ruined D3 we don't want it here" people and even I'm begging for an AH at this point. We can hope.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
can of worms opened already? yep, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

i still don't understand the difficulty to tell people that poe.trade's item prices are not real prices.

we either get superior item search functionality or an antomated ingame exchange, both would make trade vastly superior to playing the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 13, 2017, 12:42:37 AM
Pretty hilarious really. Guys getting blacklisted for having an irl.
The hero we did not ask for nor want.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Similar thing happened when I sold a Tabula Rasa for 10 fusings or so. Someone wanted to check if I really sold it - even told me I could vendor it for a divine.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info