Computer help [ fixed ]

A close friend of mine has had a Rumbling noise since 2 days ago inside his computer and he does not want to let me turn it inside out so I don't know what's wrong =( but ok it rumbles like a min or two then becomes normal.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 12, 2017, 1:10:10 AM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2017, 1:09:51 AM
Did he clean it? Sounds like it could be dust. Open it and use blow that air stuff on it and see if it stops. If not, check for HD viability. If that seems OK, then disconnect graphics card and see if noise ceases.
Censored.
I dust spammed / clean the shit out of it still doing it lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It could be harmonic resonance caused by fans when they're blowing at a certain speed. This might not necessarily mean they're bad though. You could also look around in the case and make sure everything is tight. Including the side panels, and the front of the case.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 11, 2017, 2:25:28 PM
bearings in one of the fans packing in, or potentially the pump in a closed loop water cooler.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 11, 2017, 3:55:05 PM
"
potentially the pump in a closed loop water cooler.

Yes that could be it for sure.
Censored.
Unplug the CD ROM drive and see if that fixes it.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
it's hungry. it wants to eat some RAM.
Did you sneeze on it with your cold?
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
did they try turning it off then back on?

probably an HDD or some kind of disc drive, i've had cd/dvd drives get pretty noisy before

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info