GGG,Mind telling spec of the machine on which u claim poe run flawlesly?we want flawless POE too

I PLAY POE ON A MAC POWERBOOK RUNNING BOOTCAMP AND WINDOWS 10

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS, IM EXCITED AND WANT TO BE HEARD!
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
Lothorienn wrote:
I've upgraded my GTX 650Ti BOOST to a GTX 1060 and gained 0 fps increase.
Whenever i open a breach all random effects that start spamming the screen cause my fps to drop to under 10.

Running a map with burning ground does the same, and also partying.

CPU doesn't even get past 80%, so i guess the only thing left is to get an SSD and pray i can play this game normally.

PS; This is all on low settings, if i try to play on high, the first breach will kill me from lag

SSD´s do not alter ingame performances. They help with booting up your system, transferring files, writing files... If you work in graphic or music design, an SSD is amazing.

If all you do is play video games, then it´s a waste of money until the day that SSD´s of 2TB cost less than 100 bucks.

What you experience is an API problem, caused by the games code and reliance on DX11. DX11 does not support multi tasking, so if your CPU is busy with addressing sound affects, physics... then your GPU needs to wait, until it can get it´s work order from the CPU. No matter what system you have, this will always be a problem.

As stronger your single core performance is, as faster the single tasks can be completed, therefore, some people like those on Intel system have it better, than those on AMD, as latter lacks power there.

If we look at DX 12 gaming, then we have a totally different picture and AMD works great, just like under Mantle and Vulkan.

Sadly, GGG has not opted for the stronger API´s on the market, therefore the game runs poorly. WOW, ESO, D3 you name them, all have these problems and you can partly blame the Dev´s for it, as they boost the details and particles in such an enormous way these days, that the API is at it´s limit, while our CPU and GPUs die of boredom.

What helps is to limit particles, draw distance, shadows, sound channels and Aero. Anything, that put´s additional work on your CPU.
"
Ygidua wrote:
SSD´s do not alter ingame performances. They help with booting up your system, transferring files, writing files... If you work in graphic or music design, an SSD is amazing.

If all you do is play video games, then it´s a waste of money until the day that SSD´s of 2TB cost less than 100 bucks.

This is a bit off, as it's not exactly true.

SSDs do improve game performance, but it depends upon what you're comparing it to. A single, traditional HDD? Yes. A hybrid drive? No. A RAID 0 array of fast HDDs? Yes and no.

PoE saves a ton of log data to its client.txt file while playing. It depends on how much of that file, if any, it loads into memory, when it writes it to disk, etc. There's also the minimap cache files it reads and writes. And every loading screen is going to be so much faster on an SSD. But the biggest gameplay performance gain for PoE and SSDs? Asynchronous asset loading.

Whenever you enter a new area, on slower systems with traditional HDDs, you could experience some stuttering when the assets are still loading. Async loading is enabled by default.

So yes, SSDs can improve gaming performance. But no, they don't improve that performance for every single second of gameplay.

Also, SSDs help when loading anything from volumes, not just "transferring files" or "booting up your system". This includes launching apps. Any time a system has an open file, you're using your storage. Some of that is cached in memory, some is not.

Finally, you don't need 2TB SSDs right now. Unless you're stuck on a laptop with only one drive. You use a 250GB or larger SSD for your boot drive, another for applications, games, etc. In fact I used three cheap SSDs in my gaming rig. One Samsung 850 EVO 250B ($89), and two Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (on sale for $149 each).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 20, 2017, 11:10:20 AM
Sure DX11 is not capable of using multi-core cpus ...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/multi-core-cpu-scaling-directx-11,4768.html

BTW. GGG is optimizing their engine for XBOX One and this is nothing else than a shitty AMD "Jaguar" Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) with 1,75GHz Clock Speed.

Selffound FTW!!!!
"
Ygidua wrote:

SSD´s do not alter ingame performances. They help with booting up your system, transferring files, writing files...

Not entirely correct. Try a SSD vs a HDD with a Bethesda game. A SSD helps LOD loading. Much much smoother, less stutter. Same with a handful of MMO's.
"
"
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Strix x2 SLI
10-Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3000MHz
128 GB DDR4 RAM
Watercooling

Im getting lags in party...

Have you tried not running with SLI? I'm not really sure if the game supports it officially. Also, please define "lags in party" more specifically. Your network latency shouldn't really be affected by that so I assume you meant that your frame rate is going down. What is your monitor's refresh rate and what framerate are you getting?

PoE doesn't support SLI.
Deliver pain exquisite
i'm running the game at max setting and most of the time have 500fps sometime 600fps.
running it on an Alienware Aurora R6 with a GTX1080
upgrade your rig, stop complaining!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

should i ask Sony to make GTA V run on ps1 ....
Last edited by Beefeata on Apr 20, 2017, 3:53:04 PM
"
Beefeata wrote:
i'm running the game at max setting and most of the time have 500fps sometime 600fps.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

500-600fps, while mowing down packs of mobs? Beyond? Breach? lol buuuuuuullcrap.

And you wasted a wack of money on that POS prebuilt btw.
"
Beefeata wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a pc that costs half of annual income in some countries, great advice
Spreading salt since 2006
"
"
Beefeata wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

500-600fps, while mowing down packs of mobs? Beyond? Breach? lol buuuuuuullcrap.

And you wasted a wack of money on that POS prebuilt btw.

in breach i drop to 300fps.
and i can spend my money the way i want ;)
still no fps issue and enjoying the game 110%
im not complaining like 80% users in here!
Last edited by Beefeata on Apr 20, 2017, 4:01:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info