Unique Strongbox challenge... Why?

Why is there a challenge that is so RNG based.

I play solo only and i'm at 7k map tiers and still hasn't found one. Whats the point of a challenge if you have to pay for it. And if everyone pays for it then who the hell will find the strongboxes. This is so RNG based, doesn't feel like a challenge, it feels like playing the lottery.

Same goes for the sextant mod challenge. I must have used 200+ and still haven't gotten the Nemesis one.

Why design such bad lottery-esque challenges when you can design challenges that you can slowly progress towards like the map tier challenge? That one is well designed.

Will GGG buff the drop rates of those damn lottery challenges so that peoples with bad luck can actually achieve them.

And no i don't like buying challenges because then why even call it a challenge?
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 6:47:13 AM
The whole game is based around rng, grinding and trading. Not that big a suprise that the hardest challenges require at least one of the three..
RNG a CHALLENGE

HahAAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The answer is almost "because they can." Same goes with corrupted jewels and chayula in breach. Just go for the cheapest RNG based challenge you can manage and hope for the best.
"
RNG a CHALLENGE

HahAAA

Ask JGisle. Anyone who pays for challenges "is a scum".

"
RNG a CHALLENGE

U MAD?
Why RNG challenge like that ?
Hint: They want you to stay online for few mins.
Hf :)
"
Krayken wrote:
Why is there a challenge that is so RNG based.

I play solo only and i'm at 7k map tiers and still hasn't found one. Whats the point of a challenge if you have to pay for it. And if everyone pays for it then who the hell will find the strongboxes. This is so RNG based, doesn't feel like a challenge, it feels like playing the lottery.

Same goes for the sextant mod challenge. I must have used 200+ and still haven't gotten the Nemesis one.

Why design such bad lottery-esque challenges when you can design challenges that you can slowly progress towards like the map tier challenge? That one is well designed.

Will GGG buff the drop rates of those damn lottery challenges so that peoples with bad luck can actually achieve them.

And no i don't like buying challenges because then why even call it a challenge?

If you haven't already tried the following, I'd suggest it:

1) Monstrous Treasure prophecies
2)Running the first entry zone on the Labyrinth.

Your luck may differ from mine, but other than the occasional strange barrel in Dried Lake or Poorjoy's those are the two spots I have had the most success in finding unique strongboxes.

Good Luck in your games!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Just keep a stack of chance orbs on you and chance every white box you see. Im no where near 7k map tiers and ive chanced a Kaoms and 2 warband boxes this league alone. And found 2 mysterious barrels...

Also, does the council proph line unique box count by any chance?
Last edited by Nubman on Jan 10, 2017, 10:55:42 PM
"
Nubman wrote:
Just keep a stack of chance orbs on you and chance every white box you see. Im no where near 7k map tiers and ive chanced a Kaoms and 2 warband boxes this league alone. And found 2 mysterious barrels...

Also, does the council proph line unique box count by any chance?

It explicitly states which boxes satisfy the "challenge."
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
GGG wanted some challenges to be out there because there will always be people who whine 40/40 was too easy for every person who says X challenge is too hard.

It also may help league retention.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info