[2.6] Windz's Mortem Throw/Flurry Build (Shaper, Uber Atziri, Guardian),

Disclaimer:

I did not invent this build concept, rather just showing my own personal twist by using Mortem Morsu.

2.6 Update

Using a life Spectral Throw Variant in Legacy league at the moment.

Killed Uber Atziri and Shaper.

Tree:

BOSS Killing Tree:

LIFE

Lvl 92: Grabbed IR (personal preference)

lvl 90: poeurl.com/99o

lvling tree:

start: poeurl.com/baqM

mid: poeurl.com/baqN

pre map: poeurl.com/baqO

Use crit chance gem until you get your uber points then use crit multi/pierce if you have 6th link.

Level with frost blades unless you have tabula then ST is fine. Use mortem at 34, added chaos at 31 with void manipulation

CI:

poeurl.com/baqz

use energy from within for melding

MAPPING tree (more attack speed and more damage upfront):

lvl 92: poeurl.com/bbhU

Note: use blood rage for frenzy charges. Focus more on attack speed and don't get point blank. Can grab frenzy nodes if you prefer

Bandit:

Life:

Oak/Kraiten/Alira

CI:

Kill/Kraiten/Alira

Ascendancy:

Noxious Strike --> Toxic --> Unstable --> Deadly

Gems:

ST - Added Chaos - Void - GMP - Faster Attacks - Crit damage/Pierce

Swap in slower proj for single target.

Note: Turns out pierce does more overall damage than crit damage and should be easier to colour on your cherry chest.

Gear used on uber atziri:
Spoiler

Gear used on Shaper:

Spoiler

FINAL update on the build:

I have finished this build and will not be upgrading/lvling any further. The build has more room to grow, but i think this is a very realistic lvl/gear one can obtain quite easily.

Gear:

Spoiler

Note:
ST enchant damage is BIS helm enchant because it will double dip.

Gripped gloves with attack speed will be very good offensively.

Kaoms root allows us to run temp chains/chilled ground maps no problem and open strongboxes unid w/o "of heat" flask. Also gives us stun immunity for smoother face tanking bosses. Use eye of chayula if CI.

Jewels:

Note: look for 2 double dipping mods 1) projectile damage 2) chaos damage 3) damage

The 3rd mod should be attack speed if you want more damage or life/res if you want more survival

Use one jewel with +2 mana gain on hit for QoL

Videos:

Shaper kill with 5link + gull + 20/20 added chaos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9Sy2pckOY

Rest of the bosses:
Pheonix, Minotaur, Chimera, Hydra, Uber atziri, argus, izaro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0GbyBNGU4

Comment on 2.5 variation

Hungry Abyss not really required anymore. More options for gears now but have to use atziri's promise for the leech.

For Blade Flurry
NEW TREE: poeurl.com/7xn

Can use intuitive leap to grab the power charge + blood drink (0.4% attack leech)

See my profile for ST life build

2.5 Info (still relevant)

Spoiler

INTRODUCTION

I wanted to make a build using the claw called Mortem Morsu. This build is similar to the other dagger chaos flurry variants except it is a claw build.

How does this build work?

It uses the jewel called Hungry Abyss:

It converts all your life leech sources into chaos leech. This allows us to leech most content without any flask usage (Uber Atziri, Shaper, All guardians)

SKILL TREE

lvl 92 tree (current)
poeurl.com/ZBk

lvl 80 tree
poeurl.com/ZBh

BANDITS

Kill/Kill or Kraiten/Alira

GEAR

BSC Gear

Spoiler

Recommended:

Cheap weapon/shield to get your 5 corrupted items requirement.

Note: Can get an actual ES resist shield if you can get accuracy on rest of the gear and able to get them corrupted.

Rares:

Note: The gear can be a lot better eg. envy crafted ring, es resist boots

Flasks:

Note: Can use vinktars for shock and some leech. Get the Added light to attacks variant

Jewels:

Note: Look for double dipping + attack speed first.

Chaos damage
Area damage
Damage

Then grab multi + utility

+2 Mana gained on hit (at least 1 jewel)
Dex/Str (to use higher lvl IC)

BHC Gear

Had most of this stuff prior to playing BSC so this is higher budget (esp the rings)

Spoiler

ASCENDANCY

Noxious Strike --> Toxic Delivery --> Unstable Infusion --> Deadly Infusion (use inc crit gem until you get this node)

GEMS

Weapon 3 link:
Shield charge + faster attacks + fortify

Shield 3 link:
Cwdt + IC + Bloodrage

Note: Make sure bloodrage is triggered by cwdt for bosses to keep it up. Weapon swap to cancel the blood rage degen on downtime. Remove CWDT on for lab traps

Chest 5/6link:
Bladeflurry + Added Chaos + Fast Attacks + Inc aoe (conc) + Void manipulation + Crit multi

Note: can use crit chance gem if you feel you need more crit.

4link:
Inc duration + Vaal disc + Vaal Haste + Vaal Lightning Trap

Wither + Spell totem + Faster Casting + Inc duration

Others:

Arctice Armor
Cwdt + Enfeeble/Vuln
Disc

Gem discussion:

Can use vuln or enfeeble depending on the fight.
Use any auras you wish because all you need is disc.

LEVELING

I leveled with spectral throw until level 91 and the aoe clear speed was superior to BF. However the single target was an issue on guardians/shaper (even with point blank). So I respecced to BF for boss kills.

Use added chaos gem at lvl 31 and mortem morsu at 34

Level with anything until then (firestorm/bv/1handed st etc)

Get 2 jewel slots for hungry abyss and mana gain on hit jewel first.

Grab rest of jewel sockets + crit multi nodes later

PRO/CON VS Other weapons

Mortem vs. Dagger

Pro:
2% implicit leech = 2% chaos attack leech
Cheap and easy to corrupt for hungry abyss requirement
Claw node (soul raker) also give 1.2% leech
100% chance to poison (don't need voidheart or Dirty technique passive)

Con:
Maybe less crit %
Maybe less damage compared malicious ambusher
Claw build (jk)

Mortem vs. Chaos claw

Pro:
100% chance to poison
Cheap and easy to get corrupted one

Con:
Less damage

Other Ascendencies

Assassin is too good for this build tbh.

Other ascendancies require more crit chance, power charge generation (skyforth, coh, orc of storm pcoc)

VIDEO

Shaper kill (not that experienced):
https://www.twitch.tv/windz0099/v/113703539

Uber Atziri kill (not experienced either):
Deathless and ignore my mumbling on twitch ty <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDPjp1TYGCQ

STATS

Inc Aoe (no power charges)
Spoiler

Inc Aoe (6 power charges)
Spoiler

Conc Effect (no power charges)
Spoiler

Conc Effect (6 power charges)
Spoiler

FAQ

How do you leech?

Leech comes from the claws 2% + blood rage 1.2% + soul raker 1.2% = 4.4% leech

You can add in atziri's promise for 2% or vinktars for 20% or life leech boot enchants 0.5%

Why do you use Jaws of Agony weapon swap?

To generate power charges during down time or before boss
Fire trap + cluster + multi = 6 traps
So you have 6 25% chance to gain power charges

*Thanks to MoarPizza for the template*

2.6 FAQ

1. Can you DW mortem?

Yes you can. You get 15% more attack speed (DW innate bonus) and you can grab twin terro for more crit %. You lose HP and 15% block. If you are CI, then you lose CI shield. You also have to grab accuracy on gear.

2. Why duration nodes?

Increase poison duration (more multiplier), wither duration, spell totem duration, Vaal lightning trap duration and any vaal grace/disc/haste if you use any. More important for bosses and not for speed mapping.

3. Can you use another class?

Yes you can but you might have to use crit % gem and most likely have lower damage thus need better gear.

4. Can you use another weapon?

Yes, but you need another way to poison if you are ST. Snakebite, cospris will or pathfinder can work. If melee/BF you can use voidheart.

5. Why Gull?

Used it for lvling/budget life res helm with mini "HH" like effect to make mapping more enjoyable. There really isn't any upgrade besides getting the ST damage enchant.

6. I can't leech enough as CI. What am I doing wrong?

I tried CI with no hungry abyss on my char on standard. With just soul raker and blood drinker, I was able to out leech. You probably need more damage/gem level. Also use atziri's promise flask.

7. Do I need a 6link + ST enchant + 21/20 added chaos gem?

No, I did uber atziri/shaper and all guardians without those gear and on 5link. Check out the gears used on shaper/atziri gear. That is all you need.

8. Is cherry the best chest?

It is very good for a life build, but you can use belly or other chests if you want more life.

9. Why is damage so low despite x and y?

Make sure your gems are lvled esp added chaos.
Get added chaos to jeweleries from el 7 is possible.
Drop point blank if you are just mapping. Respec into it for bosses.
Make sure you use VLT and place wither totem in a strategic location.

10. Im having mana issues what am I doing wrong?

Grab +2 mana gain on hit jewel.
If lvling, use mana pot or thiefs torment/praxis ring. Drop down to 5link and use reduce mana if tabula.
Normally u run out of mana if u WB for a long time. Just run til u get 1 ST usage and u will be full mana.

11. Why grace if using kaoms roots?

I got IR so now i got 8.9k armor.

12. How do you have 6 power charges?

Storm prism wand on weapon swap.

13. Tool tip pps?

6link, 5 power charges

slower proj - 51k
gmp - 30k
Last edited by windz on Mar 19, 2017, 7:21:29 PM
Last bumped on Sep 2, 2017, 11:06:09 PM
Can vouch for this build, very simple/cheap-ish to gear and you can facetank a lot of dmg with the crazy leech.

I'm rly shit at the game (started this league) and I have been farming all breachstones besides chayula(too expensive lul) comfortably on a 5link. About 9k ES w discipline. Using power charge on crit instead of traps for charges tho because I'm lazy.

Will do some more testing vs other bosses/guardians when I can. Might be a bit slower for map clearing than some other BF variants but haven't ran into much issues so far and most bosses are really easy.

Not much to say, but I like it a lot :)
Last edited by Qute on Jan 11, 2017, 5:26:00 PM
no need mana leech?
Interested in this build, looks not expensive but can do most things. Just wondering how much ES do we need for the body armour (which is not shown in the guide) to make sure it is safe?
"
hphwnz wrote:
Interested in this build, looks not expensive but can do most things. Just wondering how much ES do we need for the body armour (which is not shown in the guide) to make sure it is safe?

Damm thanks for pointing that out.

In sc, you can prob get away even with skin of the loyal (bonus if corrupted and also gives +1 gem for added chaos).

Ultimately you want a decent chest 6link around 700+es to get you started
hey bro. bd looks fun and cheap. can u also upload ur dps status.thx
"
junyichow wrote:
no need mana leech?

+2 mana gain on hit jewel

with 0.8% mana leech physical from claw node is enough for most cases

"
glidercheng wrote:
hey bro. bd looks fun and cheap. can u also upload ur dps status.thx

ok will add in stat pictures

Last edited by windz on Jan 13, 2017, 4:28:11 PM
Thanks for posting the build OP. I've always wanted one for this claw. I started putting it together yesterday as I had a lvl 74 assassin sitting there waiting for some build direction after a change of plans. Enjoying it so far but still have a way to go to level.

For anyone wondering, that shield is actually really powerful in this build and feels like it adds a ton of damage. I'm slowly getting accuracy up but you certainly notice not having it. It isn't just a dodgy cheap filler item.

One quick question - with the rings you made in hc, was there a particular reason you chose that base? Was wondering if steel would be better for the extra bit of phys. Resists are always hard to argue with which I assume is your reasoning there.

Fun (and powerful) build op, thanks for sharing it :)
"
gote66666 wrote:
Thanks for posting the build OP. I've always wanted one for this claw. I started putting it together yesterday as I had a lvl 74 assassin sitting there waiting for some build direction after a change of plans. Enjoying it so far but still have a way to go to level.

For anyone wondering, that shield is actually really powerful in this build and feels like it adds a ton of damage. I'm slowly getting accuracy up but you certainly notice not having it. It isn't just a dodgy cheap filler item.

One quick question - with the rings you made in hc, was there a particular reason you chose that base? Was wondering if steel would be better for the extra bit of phys. Resists are always hard to argue with which I assume is your reasoning there.

Fun (and powerful) build op, thanks for sharing it :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Yes the shield is amazing and you can maybe drop it for es shield once u get enough acc in gear and some acc % in tree.

I chose resist rings because of resist and the availability i had on bhc. If you want more offensive ring probably diamoind envy crafted ring with a good suffix. Then tora 8, scour, multi and finish the 3 prefix.
Nice, I liked this build from what little I played of it. Lagged in dried lake and ripped all the qual gems so probably done with the league, but will probably use this as a league starter next league. The idea with using mortem was exactly what I was looking for to bridge the gap to making a multimod vagan dagger. When leveling do you initially path to duelist leach to not use a mana flask?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info