Raider Poison Voltaxic Blast Rain/LA

Heya! My name is Alden and this is my first build that I'm making public. I've made a ton of different things that have turned out extremely well and extremely terrible over the years, but this build was so much fun that I have to share it.

First off, it can be played in the following styles:

Ascendancy - Raider
Spoiler
This is my preferred style, it is very smooth with good consistency.

There are two ways to play it.

Tanky AF

Standard with Acro

Ascendancy - Assassin
Spoiler

Let's get one thing straight, I frickin love shadow. 90% of my playtime is as shadow. He's a walking meme machine and I try to do everything with him. Unfortunately, this build is much weaker as shadow.

This style will be squishy. As. Fuck. You've been warned. It doesn't play well due to poor charge generation, it will be worse for bosses (unplayable for some without a PCoC Frenzy), and will get instagibbed at least once while using Vinktars since you don't have the condition immunity.

On the bright side, you can utilize the Lioneye's fall jewel and go CI if you choose the second spoiler.

Note: I did the math and it scales the initial hit hard enough that the lack of double dip base scaling and gem slot (if you need it) are more or less made up for. Still double dips with area and chaos.

Life based:

CI with Lioneye's Fall:

Once you've chosen a style, it's time to talk about the general idea of the build.

The build utilizes projectile damage, area damage, and chaos damage to double dip into poison. To give you an idea of how badass and awesome this is, even before wither (70% more at a sustainable 10 stacks) the build will do 1240x poison damage per hit when x is equal to the base chaos damage (before augmentation). Since I'm sure you don't want to do math, this scales to well over 1 million damage per attack, up to 2.6 million with everything min-maxed. Double that for assassins.

I don't make builds too often so I'll break it up like this:

Gems
Spoiler

*Does my best Taric voice* Gemssssss.

Blast Rain
Slower Proj - Blast Rain - Conc Effect - Added lightning - Void Manip
6th link - WED or Chaos damage, if you're HC or 90+ do Chaos damage.

Lightning Arrow
GMP - LA - WED - Faster Attacks
5th link - Chain in high tier maps, added lightning otherwise
6th link - Void manipulation or the one you didn't take above

I use flame golem (unless I'm under 92% accuracy, then ice)

I plan to use a wither totem with faster casting

Blink arrow needs to have faster attacks

Standard 3-4 link CWDT at a decent level, you'll build up charges if you run cospri's with blasphemy warlords in place of HoT

Wrath and HoT are both good auras, but only Wrath is mandatory.

Vaal Lightning trap is 100% worth a slot alongside wither totem for murking the beefy things. Can through an increased duration on to make it a 4 link.

Gear
Spoiler

Options
Spoiler

Optional chests
Spoiler

Cospri's Will - enables poison before capped frenzy charges and can reach max dps on curse immune targets.

Kaoms - I'd really only recommend this for HC and the tanky variant of Raider.

The Restless Ward - Use this with snakebites and Darkray Vectors to get in-freaking-sane dodge and a boop ton of movement speed.

Other optional gears
Spoiler

Assuming you didn't choose Cospri's, get snakebites or else you'll have to use the poison gem (royal sin).

Atziri's step are great for spell dodge, if you want to farm up spell boss kills.

CI can use that cool CI quiver. I'd still recommend snakebites for CI.

I recommend +2 LA secondary targets for the helm enchant.

Standard between variations
Spoiler

The one interesting thing I'll say here is that I recommend using corrupted curse on hit level 12 Temp chains gloves, since that's OPAF on this build. You can get them 4 linked with decent colors for super cheap prices.

Other than that, you want these stats on all gears (rare):

- WED
- Life (or % ES/flat ES)
- Total resistances (until you're capped in some, then specific ones)
- Flat lightning damage (If you're picky with the other rolls and not rich, this stat is probz going to be fairly small so don't stress it too much)

Boss fighting
Spoiler

Drop your Vaal lightning trap and wither totem, blink arrow for a decoy and start boopin em. Peak DPS is when frenzy charges are capped and you've had 2.8 seconds of continuous dps on the boss. This is due to temp chains extended poison duration.

A quick picture of my final two sheets of math (total 10+ pages working out kinks and comparing options)
Spoiler
Last edited by Celloexs on Jan 9, 2017, 6:10:19 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 4:44:56 PM
Hi, this build looks good!

Could you post a video of clear/bosses? Also, you could make your characters public, so we can look into your items or post them in the thread.

You mentioned in your reddit thread an assassin tree with soul strike, but you haven't posted it yet. What would be better: the assassin soul strike or the first raider with life, or a ci raider?

Thanks!
I will try to post a video this week sometime (:

I'd be happy to post the items but quite honestly I don't see a button to do so (haven't used the forums much).

Yes, a soul strike assassin would be excellent for this build. Here is the tree I would use for that:

The Soul strike assassin would be better than both of the others in terms of damage and raw ES Defense. The pathing is just plain better for it, and it doesn't have to invest so much into damage to have superior results (especially after uber lab).

As for the cons to assassin, what is gained in raw ES and damage is lost in utility. The attack speed is a fraction of the raider's and power/frenzy charge generation becomes an active chore vs a passive build that works without PCoC or on kill effects.

All in all they're both really solid choices. Assassin is silly deepus and raider has the elemental status immunity/smoother attack speed.
Thanks for the answer.

I see in your profile that you have a CI Raider. Did you change from life or did you have CI from the start? If you changed from life, which does feel better?

Can you explain why the hungry abyss?
We need videos please ty
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Theres something called excel dude...
I did go from life to CI on the raider. The reason I did this was to compare the two, and I can confidently say that after getting a Vinktar, the CI is much better in my opinion.

It's tough to make the transition to CI as raider very early since the nodes are pretty far away (assuming you prioritize the vitality leech), but playing hybrid is perfectly fine.

As for the videos, I've been very busy lately and don't really want to make one until I get to the "real" bosses like Minotaur etc anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info