We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

"
"
"
Can't ban or blacklist for any of this. The economy is the PVP of PoE. GGG wants and likes it that way.

Also, as the thousands upon thousands of bot accounts continue to farm and sell, this will get worse as time goes on. Shut one down = two take their place.

Why can't you ban or blacklist for any of this?

Because, it's within the rules of the game and as far as GGG is concerned just clever trading tactics.

Find a way to outmaneuver them. Think of it as a PVP battle!

I'm not saying punish these players in-game.

I'm saying blacklist them from poe.trade.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"

Agreed. It's definitely a different landscape than it was back then. I still prefer GGG over pretty much any other dev in the market currently, which is why I choose to support them.

By all means. I like them too, to a certain degree. I just feel that there's less and less time between episodes where they show a bit of unprofessional behavior. Things they say here, on pod casts, on reddit. There's a lot of BS, if we're to sum it all up. Same with balancing. Shit's unreal right now. And as of "late", they're as transparent as a brick wall. They don't communicate anymore, besides half-arsed comments on pod casts.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
KiwiPumkin wrote:
Here's the thing about AH and my personal view on it. AH in PoE is very impractical and ultimately a very bad idea. In a game where there isn't a numerical currency such as gold, it is very hard to implement AH fees/tax which is REQUIRED to have a functioning AH without botters running rampant. Now the question becomes, how are you gonna tax exalts, chaos, alchs and fuses? These are crafting materials that have intrinsic value and you simply can't tax these.

Why not just add a currency item that lets you list one thing on the AH? (Scroll of Commerce maybe?)

Bots are unstoppable, fees and taxes do almost nothing to deter bots
Wraeclast is a cutthroat place, right? If people post items and aren't willing to sell them we should be able to rob them. It fits with the theme perfectly.
"
Wraeclast is a cutthroat place, right? If people post items and aren't willing to sell them we should be able to rob them. It fits with the theme perfectly.

Wreaclast is a cutthroat place.... Unless you are in a price manipulating group - then it becomes a cakewalk.
"

I'm not saying punish these players in-game.

I'm saying blacklist them from poe.trade.

I´m sorry to say, but this sounds childish : "I don´t like what these guys do, ban them from trade"

If poe.trade dares to blacklist people, we have a whole new issue of a 3rd party tool holding too much power over the game. Next thing is people get blacklisted because they were AFK for 5 minutes while taking a dump.

Did Skyforth ever get banned for flipping Eternals ? Buy for 2 ex one day, sell for 3 the next, and he did it permanently, blatantly obvious.

Did Ventor ever get banned for driving up Eternal prices when he deemed it was time to do so ?
The price could be steady at 3 ex for weeks, until he came along and posted "WTS ET 4.5ex"
Voila, one day later the price was officially 4.5 ex, just because he said so and everybody followed.

What makes these guys any different to I_NO and her group "owning the market" as she always proudly claims ? They´re making a group effort to gain an edge, what´s the difference ? Who´s asking to exclude her group from trade ?

It´s pure hipocrisy to me, anyone who tries to flip and take advantage over others (which is what traders and flippers always do), has no right to point a finger at others for taking it a step further or "too far".

The economy has never directly been controlled by GGG, and I don´t see it happening now, nor do I think poe.trade should hold the power to exclude and blacklist people. It´s not xyz´s game, and it´s not yours either. 3rd party tool is merely a convenience for GGG and the players, and it´s up to every single player to take responsibility for their own actions.
Witnessing this myself.

Not just in currency, but in items too.

If you look on poe trade for a 6l Oro's it has a seller at 4 ex. I wanted to make a Oro's flicker just to mess around with, and guess what, he doesn't respond, ever. You /whois him and he's spamming maps. Could be a bot, but likely just a fixer.

It works too, people are selling for "less" than him at ~240c (although, manipulation of the exalted orb prices has somewhat fluctuated that... but still).

This is terrible, and could ruin the game if not fixed.

I'm sure everyone who plays a lot of builds per league has encountered numerous people with too-good-to-be-true priced items, and when you pm them, they never respond.

This is killing the game, because trading is such a massive part of it, if GGG doesn't step in and do something it will cause a lot of people to leave, it won't be "the end of the game", but it will turn people away, which as a business you want to mitigate losses as much as possible.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
Last edited by Semune on Jan 8, 2017, 9:14:11 PM
"
Huh some of these aren't even people no joke there.
I spent nearly 2 hours trying to see if any of them would respond and actually sell, theyre all just AFK/Non-Responsive/Auto message with "out of chaos" that they dont even have.

TBH the bigger reason why this happens is because the site let people list currency they dont even have.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Some reddit moron thinks the ex card is super farmable etc that's why it's dropping HAHA oh my god that is hilarious.

While I'm witnessing bots go off and on with 2 friends of mine granted I'm playing Witcher as I do lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Grumlum wrote:
The economy has never directly been controlled by GGG, and I don´t see it happening now, nor do I think poe.trade should hold the power to exclude and blacklist people. It´s not xyz´s game, and it´s not yours either. 3rd party tool is merely a convenience for GGG and the players, and it´s up to every single player to take responsibility for their own actions.

Xyz makes money on poe.trade - he will not make blacklist feature, even if it was implemented in really smart way. Also hypothetically he (or any other possible creator of 3rd party tool) can be involved in market manipulations, using his own tool faster than anyone else can, and even maybe with more features. While still staying in the shadows and noone can prove or disprove.

Again, I'm not saying that he actually does anything shady. i'm just theorise that without GGG's control there is big field of possibilities, and major part of players know little of what is really going on. The responsibility is not on players, it's on GGG, they can control the core of the trade. Right now Players are the tool for GGG and 3rd parties.
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info