We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

"
allbusiness wrote:

League is a shitty game. Right. I'm sure you're a pro-DotA 2 player too. Except I'm like 99.9% sure you're not anywhere close to being good at either game despite the fact you probably live on your computer. And again, if the game is so easy, go hardcore melee all the way and kill Shaper, or at least complete most of the red tier map bosses.

You can't make statements like yours as fact. All sorts of people supported Path of Exile, Charan is not a person that put in hundreds of hours into the endgame, and yet he still dropped ridiculous amounts of money as well as many other people. We all came from different walks of life, so to think this game was exclusively made for 'players like you' is silly and ridiculous.

They used to balance around the 1%. That didn't bring them alot of money. They started balancing around the other 95% of the potential player base. They have had higher retention numbers, higher numbers of players playing, etc. and more people spending money in PoE than ever. I'm sorry, you'd be absolutely stupid to cater to only people like you.

League is a shitty game, unlike its counter part it has aspects that can easily be considered P2W, it has far less overall mechanics, which means its an easier or more casual game. Ignore the prize pool aspect too if you want. I don't need to be a pro player to see flaws in either game, just like I don't need to be an expert in game design to tell you that my personal enjoyment of this game has decreased because nothing really takes working towards, unless you self handicap yourself.

Charan doesn't even vist the forums really anymore, how about you get him to post here, nothing I've complained about has anything to do with his complaints, I dont think hes even reached a level to equip the items I'm talking about. Go look at the thread I posted, at least 1\2 dozen other people, more then likely more agreed that GGG has given far too much "access thru power" instead of access thru information to players. Nothing, except a handful of boss fights is even worth mentioning, and as I've pointed out already, one of the better rewards for doing one of those boss fights is far easier to obtain via div cards (and cheaper too)

You have no idea about their finances, stop acting like you know. GGG used to sell 1k supporter packs, the last time they did that was 2.0, they stopped so I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't supporting as much. In the end this is a business, but its important as a business to not just sell out to the least common denominator, especially when you've made statements as recent as a month ago saying you wouldn't.

Again, I'm not asking for open beta levels of drops, but the player power, item acquisition is far too high. Start with something as simple as making diviners strong boxes follow the rules previously put in place would be something. People like to bash on the clearspeed meta and the diviners box change just further encourages it. Why would you do a shrine map over and over again for headhunter cards when you have a higher chance of finding valuable div cards from diviners boxes in any zone? Why would you farm the grandmaster map, when you can just make a build that can do regular maps and isn't niche for that challenge? Most importantly, why would you make an uber atziri farmer when the "best" reward can be achieved easier, cheaper and safer with a guaranteed result from div cards.

You are welcome to disagree, but when your point is "ggg has to make this game for casuals now, sorry" that isn't good enough. There are casual modes built into this game, standard, where time limits aren't a pressure is a perfect example of this. Please tell me what is the purpose of doing a new league reset when the economy aspect of the league is no different then standard\hardcore like 1 week into the league?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
So it's you and 6 others for a total of 7 people you want GGG to change the game specifically for?

Okay.

To be fair, he has a job. However, he represents an infinitely tiny percentage of the player base. That needs to be taken into consideration when demanding changes.
clown was here...

... still is here, still recognizes the game, still having a blast. never had a "i´m-hardcore-elite"-attitude though (but i played hardcore in the beginning and am definetly not a "casual" :P), and i dont care much what others do/achieve in this game. poe is what YOU make of it. and that can vary A LOT today, and i think thats a good thing. just to pick up one point: why are there still people making uberatzifarmers if its so much easier to get "the reward" through divcards? what is "the reward"?!

so, more power for casuals? thats even MORE POWER for me! (got my disfavour after 2 weeks with currency earned by doing uberlab(carries)/atziriruns - i hope thats considered challenging enough? i deliberately made my first build as uberlab/atzirifarmer to generate currency. stupid, when "trading" (flipping...) is sooo much more efficient, isnt it?!)

my 2nd "business" was/is rushing people arround, so welcome to all "casuals" that have no time/hate questing/lab/lack "skill"... (even rushed lots of hc-dudes that came to bsc for the challenges). i was able to invest arround 120 ex in my lowlife golemmancer till now, and i really suck at the tradinggame (thats why i dont play it... very much). go figure :)

oh, on topic: even flippers/pricefixers cant take away the fun im having. seems like lots of people play another GAME than i do ("do they even play a game?" is what i ask myself often...). after all, its just PIXELS, and at least i am here to have some FUN...

im really thankful for the game GGG made, is making, and am happy i can still participate and enjoy it, literally _together_ with many, many people from all arround the world.

sry to derail your... discussion, but had to say that.

and now im gone again.

clown :)
"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
"
adghar wrote:
How would you all feel if xyz put a disclaimer at the top saying something like:

"Please be aware that poe.trade only indexes offers, not completed trades. Thus, some offers may not reflect actual demand or supply. When trading, take care to avoid false market signals where possible."

?

If a person really needs someone to tell them that then getting manipulated in a online game trade is the least of their worries...

It's like these people who see a 200 es vaal regalia listed for 15ex and get outraged in chat about it... no ones buying the thing at that price, and only idiots are setting their own price based off of a wildly wishful overpricing... 99% of us know the cheapest price listed is sometimes NOT actually for sale.

the 1% have bigger problems... like putting their underwear on the right end of their body every morning.

That said I do not expect this has much to do with price fixing just because there are some people doing that does not imply causation.

The CHAOS IS GETTING STRONGER, exalts are not worth less... they still buy 180 fuses, many of the same items can still be bought for the same exalt price. What's happening is that chaos are more valuable and it takes fewer of them to buy an exalt. This directly contradicts the theory that people are manipulating the exalt price by fixing.

The MOST you can do price fixing is getting some impatient people to list their stuff for a bargain so you can snap it up and flip for a profit... you can not make the entire market for exalts crash, and you can not make chaos increase dramatically in value (which is what has actually happened) short of these fixers controlling 30 or 40% of the entire chaos orb supply and then colluding with each other to manipulate prices only actual supply and demand can do what we've seen.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
All the goals in games are just excuses to enjoy the process of playing. Once you feel
entitled to the rewards without playing, once you want the obstacles removed or the goals made trivial to achieve what you're really saying is you no longer want to PLAY.

Interesting

FeelsBadMan

"
So it's you and 6 others for a total of 7 people you want GGG to change the game specifically for?

Okay.

You mean... like how you want the labyrinth removed/changed? Hmm...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"

Okay.

Dude they have 700 "people", I only have myself apparently.

The changes that I want affect a larger portion of the game and overall would improve the design, but nope better dismiss my claims because "i play too much"

FeelsBadMan

"
Docbp87 wrote:
"

Okay.

I've personally asked for neither of those things.

Clearly comprehension is not 'your thing', so I won't bother explaining my personal stance again, as it's a waste of time.

"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"

Okay.

I've personally asked for neither of those things.

Clearly comprehension is not 'your thing', so I won't bother explaining my personal stance again, as it's a waste of time.

I don't care about the specifics of your "anti-labyrinth" stance. That isn't the point. The point is the hypocrisy of saying "only X number want this, so asking for a change is uncalled for", which mirrors pretty accurately what goes on in the lab-rework-crusade thread.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info