EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

i provided some solutions on another thread. GGG as usually ignored them so...I am taking advantage of the ratio! hihi.

I have started to believe that GGG silently promotes market manipulation. (you know what I am referring to...the rule "my silence indicates ignorance and acceptance of a pattern"
It's because people with preview server access see that all the upper ES affixes are becoming legacy, so they're buying all the chaos to craft gg ES gear while they still can.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
i provided some solutions on another thread. GGG as usually ignored them so...I am taking advantage of the ratio! hihi.

I have started to believe that GGG silently promotes market manipulation. (you know what I am referring to...the rule "my silence indicates ignorance and acceptance of a pattern"

is there a problem though? There has to be a problem for a solution right? I would argue that 70 chaos to an exalt is a problem, and one caused as much by people intentionally pushing prices in a direction. An exalt right now in hardcore breach is 31 chaos, and thats legit, been holding there for leagues. SC exalts started at 15:1 in open beta and slowly crawled up to 30:1. Imo the problem is that people intentionally have been buying them up and pushing up the price ever since and thats why we have these stupidly high ratios.

Whoever is pushing them back, thank you for counteracting the utter madness of exalt prices we have been suffering for the last 2+ years that have totally fucked crafting in softcore leagues.
I would be so happy if the price dropped below 30 chaos, so I could actually use exalts on crafting.
Meanwhile chaos is 100 per ex on standard. Is standard just dead due to how popular beach league is?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Exalted's are one of the few PoE currencys left where, relative to the rarity of the item it has very little value which means for the most part Exalted's are used as currency (Exiled's function similarly to gold in real life).

Due to this, the value of Exalted's is set mainly by market factors (demand/supply/general state of trading). Its actually the gold of PoE, even though PoE doesn't really want a concept of gold, and for the vast majority of players the use of Exalted's is as a currency and not due to their use.

Chaos actually has value for using the currency, which has recently increased due to how mapping works, and also combined with essences in crafting
Honestly I would be so happy if price of Exalted orb would fall down to 30c :P I would suffer significant losses though as I sold a lot of Chaos already xD Actually I suffer losses already since prcie continues to drop down with each day and doesn't seem to stop anywhere near current mark.

"
Nephalim wrote:
confirmed price fixing or actually real?

There is hardly price fixing now. I can confirm that you can sell your chaos with stated ratios.

"
Vhlad wrote:
It's because people with preview server access see that all the upper ES affixes are becoming legacy, so they're buying all the chaos to craft gg ES gear while they still can.

From bots to early access conspiracy. 2TinFoily4Me

"
Nephalim wrote:
Meanwhile chaos is 100 per ex on standard. Is standard just dead due to how popular beach league is?

Actually it goes down since some time. It was 90c:1ex for quite some time and now it's 87 and lower. So probably gonna fix itself as League ends.

"
deteego wrote:
Exalted's are one of the few PoE currencys left where, relative to the rarity of the item it has very little value which means for the most part Exalted's are used as currency (Exiled's function similarly to gold in real life).

Due to this, the value of Exalted's is set mainly by market factors (demand/supply/general state of trading). Its actually the gold of PoE, even though PoE doesn't really want a concept of gold, and for the vast majority of players the use of Exalted's is as a currency and not due to their use.

Chaos actually has value for using the currency, which has recently increased due to how mapping works, and also combined with essences in crafting

Don't try to analyze it. Most likely you are wrong.
Do you hoard chaos right now guys? :P
No, I just flip currency like I always do. Doesn't matter if exalts are 70c or 30c as long as you can cut 1c on each trade from chaos to ex or ex to chaos and that hasn't changed.
I've had an exalt drop every day for 4 days now.
Before that i had only ever found 2 in multiple years.

On top of that, i just dont see why I'd gamble with an exalt when i just purchase what i need without gambling on poe.trade

I liquidate every exalt i get to chaos immediately, they're just useless unless you're into gambling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info