NES Classic Edition

So I just got mine today and after figuring out that hdmi 2.0 ports wouldn't correctly carry the sound signal, and plugging it into an hdmi 1 port to finally get the sound working, I loaded up star tropics.

I never actually played the original back in the day, so I figured what the hay..

Well, I was stumped right off the bat, because I went into town, talked to the elder/mayor/whatever and he tells you about your uncle being abducted yada yada.. and then tells you to find a tunnel in town that leads to the laboratory.

So I was like ok.. and started looking all over town, but I couldn't find anything. The only building I couldn't get into was the hut in the top right. When I talked to the guy he would say, "Who are you? Stay away from here!" and that's it. I talked to him multiple times - before and after I talked to the mayor guy and got the yoyo thingy, but he would just still say the same thing over and over.

So finally I took to the internets to find the answer. I load up a let's play on youtube and lo and behold the guy talks to the mayor, then to the guy guarding that hut and the guy lets him in!

So.. star tropics is bugged on nes classic edition. Yup..

Leave it to modern day developers to fuck up an 8-bit console game that worked in the original version...

btw the guy on youtube let's play was using the original nes version as stated in the description of the video: "Captured from classic front-loading NES "toaster" console."
Last edited by Darkfyre on Jan 7, 2017, 9:00:34 PM
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2017, 8:55:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info