[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

I bought a Shavs with 4B 1G 1W. Im able to swap in Firepen or Contr. Destruction for Bosskilling and keeping Faster Proj. + GMP for clearing maps.
"
atmosphere01 wrote:
Just recently picked up a Hall of grandmasters map. Is there any way for us to do this map solo or would i have to find someone with a specific build to clear it for me?

Hall of Grandmasters is a map very few builds can do reliably. I have done a few wings with the build in the past, but it is very suicidal. I pretty much just ran into the enemies and convocated my fire eaters into them, hoping they would instakil the Grandmasters before they kill me. Works fine most of the time, but this will kill you eventually - and some of the block characters are incredibly hard if not impossible to kill for the build. You can ofc try a scorching ray setup as suggested by other people, personally i either pay someone ~5C to give me the map completion or i level up a Grandmaster Farmer myself. An other thing you should know: in Hall of the grandmasters Shavronne's "Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield" part does not work, as PvP scaling prevents it.
"
Revan1909 wrote:
Hi Wolf,

thank you for the guide. When I look at your profile. You play with 1 curse, but you skilled Enemys can have 1 additional curse. Why? :D

Currently i do a lot of party play with a friend of me, who also applies a curse. Now if both players are only allowed to apply 1 curse they will overwrite each other's curses, but since i can exceed the curse limit by 1 i can apply my Enfeeble without overwriting my partner's vulnerabillity.

Also once we get the Midnight Bargain with Ele weakness we apply 2 curses so we need Whispers of Doom anyway.
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 15, 2018, 9:53:14 AM
"
LynXx_ wrote:
First time playing summoner, and really enjoying the build. Did red elder without any problems, minotaur down aswell.. However I feel really squishy. Any suggestions besides I need some more levels? Also what should be prio on my tree going forward? Sitting at 6,7k es atm
Thanks alot for the build and getting me into this! :)

Edit: Got a few levels up to 86, got to 7k es, killed shaper without any troubles.

Gear (Suggestions welcome)

Regarding the skill tree i would pick up the "leadership" node and the 8% ES node behind Arcane focus. After that I'd go for the duration cluster (Potency of Will).

To feel less squishy you could also replace your flammabillity curse with enfeeble and get some minion taunt jewels. especially the latter trivializes a lot of bosses.
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 15, 2018, 7:50:29 AM
"
"
FinestHC wrote:
I kinda swapped around some stuff and ended up with this

i was thinking about staying midnight bargain and 2 curses + 1 spectre but no movementskill = slower mapclear since u cant zoom around

or go with what i am right now, losing 1 spectre and both curses but gaining a pretty fast shieldcarge (+stun) + fortify + faster movement around the map = faster clearing

i ended up sticking with the scourge variant for mapping since 3 solar guards are more than enough to clear everything within a split-second.

if u wanna go bosskilling (ie. shaper, uber itzaro/ atziri/ shaper/ elder/ whatever) i would switch to fire eaters + slower proj + pierce? in order to burn down bosses quickly

in my opinion, since u dont need more damage, shieldcharge+fortify and the ability to move around quickly and get out of dangerous situations instantly is > than a 4th spectre and 2 curses (most bosses are immune to curses either way or even reflect them - so ud have to run blasphemy+curse)

another option could be the scourge and linking blasphemy/TC/Enfeeble into it, ending up with another great layer of defense, but still losing the 4th spectre, no movementskill and no fortify.

wall of text, what do u guys think?

edit for atmosphere01:

swap out your 6L spectres for a scorching ray setup for the max block characters in HoGM

My sugestion:

Shavrones - 6L Spectre
The Scourge - Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Prism Guardian - Haste + Discipline + Purity of Fire
Heretic's Veil - Temporal Chains + Damage Curse (elemental weakness, flammability, projectores weakness) + Generosity + Anger
Bones of Ullr (+1 lvl gem) - Zombie + Golem + Minion Life + Empower
Unset rings - Convocation + Offering
Goves 2L - Blood Magic + Purity of Lightning .... Purity of Ice + Desecrate

Then you can use one ring with +Lightning or +cold damage to Attacks, and aply Elemental Equilibrium with your Shield Charge. With this comp you lose Increased Duration, Vaal Discipline and Arctic Armour And some flat ES, but you gain 2 curses in blasphemy. Maybe with one offensive curse, you don't need The Scourge, than can change for Brightbreak for more mobility speed. And for remember, Temporal Chains its top OP with Blasphemy, you never change If you start use this.

If you don't need to use Anger, let me know, because I have other sugestion without anger.

Edit: also you don't need Conqueror's Efficiency If you use, then you can use one flat ES jewel, for mitigate ES you lose for change helmet.

I think the setup with 2 blasphemy curses is very risky, as there are a lot of curse immune enemies and bosses are generally very reistant to them. you say you neevr change if you start using temp chains blasphemy, i say the same thing about vaal discipline. ;) In your setup you also loose the possibllity to buff your purity auras to lvl 23, which will lower you max resists.

FinestHC's setup looks good to me, even tho i personally prefer running fast over movement skills - at least as long as i can get enough move speed. it is a lot more reliably in certain layouts with objects that block your shield charge and i do not accidentally charge into dangeroues stuff. however it will probably increase your clearspeed, so i see the point in it. as the guy with the strange name suggested make sure to get some flat fire or cold damage on your gear so your Shield Charge applies EE.

Edit: I mean flat Cold or Lightning Damage of course! :D
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 15, 2018, 10:30:13 AM
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
"
FinestHC wrote:

i was thinking about staying midnight bargain and 2 curses + 1 spectre but no movementskill = slower mapclear since u cant zoom around

or go with what i am right now, losing 1 spectre and both curses but gaining a pretty fast shieldcarge (+stun) + fortify + faster movement around the map = faster clearing

i ended up sticking with the scourge variant for mapping since 3 solar guards are more than enough to clear everything within a split-second.

if u wanna go bosskilling (ie. shaper, uber itzaro/ atziri/ shaper/ elder/ whatever) i would switch to fire eaters + slower proj + pierce? in order to burn down bosses quickly

in my opinion, since u dont need more damage, shieldcharge+fortify and the ability to move around quickly and get out of dangerous situations instantly is > than a 4th spectre and 2 curses (most bosses are immune to curses either way or even reflect them - so ud have to run blasphemy+curse)

another option could be the scourge and linking blasphemy/TC/Enfeeble into it, ending up with another great layer of defense, but still losing the 4th spectre, no movementskill and no fortify.

edit for atmosphere01:

swap out your 6L spectres for a scorching ray setup for the max block characters in HoGM

My sugestion:

Shavrones - 6L Spectre
Heretic's Veil - Temporal Chains + Damage Curse (elemental weakness, flammability, projectores weakness) + Generosity + Anger

Then you can use one ring with +Lightning or +cold damage to Attacks, and aply Elemental Equilibrium with your Shield Charge. With this comp you lose Increased Duration, Vaal Discipline and Arctic Armour And some flat ES, but you gain 2 curses in blasphemy. Maybe with one offensive curse, you don't need The Scourge, than can change for Brightbreak for more mobility speed. And for remember, Temporal Chains its top OP with Blasphemy, you never change If you start use this.

If you don't need to use Anger, let me know, because I have other sugestion without anger.

Edit: also you don't need Conqueror's Efficiency If you use, then you can use one flat ES jewel, for mitigate ES you lose for change helmet.

I think the setup with 2 blasphemy curses is very risky, as there are a lot of curse immune enemies and bosses are generally very reistant to them. you say you neevr change if you start using temp chains blasphemy, i say the same thing about vaal discipline. ;) In your setup you also loose the possibllity to buff your purity auras to lvl 23, which will lower you max resists.

FinestHC's setup looks good to me, even tho i personally prefer running fast over movement skills - at least as long as i can get enough move speed. it is a lot more reliably in certain layouts with objects that block your shield charge and i do not accidentally charge into dangeroues stuff. however it will probably increase your clearspeed, so i see the point in it. as the guy with the strange name suggested make sure to get some flat fire or cold damage on your gear so your Shield Charge applies EE.

yea, thats what i did, i ended up removing crafted es on one of my rings and crafted added lightning to attacks.

crafted this beauty today
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
"
FinestHC wrote:

edit for atmosphere01:

My sugestion:

Shavrones - 6L Spectre

Edit: I mean flat Cold or Lightning Damage of course! :D

My main setup its Blasphemy (temporal chains + elemental/projectile weakness) + haste + tri purity + Discipline + Clarity, so I usualy use Vaal Discipline too. That sugestion its for keep using anger, but this is not necessary for me, I clear ALL atlas without anger, with no problem.
My main setup its really defensive because I think, as I ask before, Temporal Chains with Blasphemy Its really OverPower.

In the end of this league for me, I try one different setup, for pick ES Regeneration per Second as possible, and in the end I have 750+ ES regeneration per Second, with 8.3k ES. But this setup I need to use Vitality, I can drop this, but loose araund 150 ES regen per Second. I make this teste because I an a Lab Farmer, and once time or another I die to traps or bleed/ignite, but with this regen, its Very Impossible to die in traps and for any Dot. Now I play in SSF HC, so I cant continue my tests with this new unique jewels.

About blasphemy, I try to use CoH, but don't like. It's a personal choice, I think blasphemy its better for my play style.
So I can clear all content without much trouble using Fire Eaters (Red Elder, Shaper deathless, etc) and Sentinels if I want faster clear, but I just get WRECKED in Chayula; less than a third of the way through before the timer goes. Anyone have a build of this that works? Just miles away from fast enough and I've blown three stones on him so far.

Current setup (for speed clearing)
Last edited by Siruy on Jan 16, 2018, 12:53:41 AM
about all the blasphemy thing:

im trying out this setup right now - zombies and golem might not be as tanky as before, but temp chains blasphemy is there.. so were are not wasting a possible curse. ill try this for a couple of hours/ maps and tell u guys what i think

edit: ok fuck it, did one tier 11 map and had to resummon zombies every 30 seconds.. zombies lost 10k life - chaosgolem lost 25k life. i might have to figure something out in order to run tc tho.. i wanna run it!
Last edited by FinestHC on Jan 16, 2018, 9:24:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info