[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
atmosphere01 wrote:
Is there a point to getting 20 quality on raise spectres when we're already using flesh offering? Tooltip says minion speed is capped so I'm not sure at what point we reach that cap.

Honestly i do not know where exactly the cap is and if we do even reach it. The Move Speed of spectres is not a problem in my eyes, especially since they get teleported to you when you move far enough away and convocationa also exists. However i guess spectres might get slowed from time to time, be it by chill, some ground effect, hinder or something else, so the qauality is not toally useless i guess. Do i recommend dropping 20 GCP's on a Raise Spectre Gem? Hell no. Do i recommend picking up a high quality Raise Spectre Gem on poe.trade for 1C a few days in the league and leveling it in an off weapon? Yeah, won't hurt. :)
"
I'm trying something different (my profile is open if you want to take a look at the passive tree):

I'm testing the possibility of having a lot of "Energy Shield Regeneration per Second".
At this moment I have exactly 744.7 of ES Regeneration per Second, with 7243 ES, and I'm really enjoying it. It was very impossible to die in the traps of the Uber Labyrinth, and this regeneration has kept me alive at various times when I might have died.
I've done this test build a short time, so it might be that I'm just amazed at having more than 700 ES Regeneration per Second, but I've already tested it in Uber Labyrinth, the 4 Guardians and the Shaper.

But there's something I did not like, using CoH instead of Blasphemy. I think Temporal Chains + Blasphemy is extremely Over Power, and I've missed that. And with blasphemy I used 2 curses, usually Temporal Chains plus some damage, which depends on what spell I got on the helmet. I really do not like using CoH.

Before this test I was using the composition of 2 Blasphemy Curse + Haste + Discipline + Tri Purity + Clarity, I was not having any problems, but wanted to test this possibility of ES Regeneration per Second, and really enjoyed it. I was no longer accustomed to using Anger + Generosity so it would not be a loss to stop using them.

The possibilities I thought were as follows:
1. Stop using Tri Purity, and instead use Purity of Elements + 2 Blasphemy Curses, and keeping the other items and gems.;
2. Do not use the Anger and Midnight Bargain, replacing it with The Scourge or United in Dream (in this case, maybe stop using the Solar Guard and use some physical Specter), opening up space to use the 2 Blasphemy Curse + Tri Purity + Haste + Discipline + Vitality + Clarity;
3. Use helm Heretic's Veil, so I could use 2 Blasphemy Curse + Tri Purity (with Enlighten lvl 5, I have a Bones corrupted with +1 level) + Haste + Discipline + Vitality + Clarity + Midnight.

But in all these possibilities I thought, in each of them there is something that I really do not like very much. I would not want to stop using Tri Purity, nor Midnight Bargain, nor my helmet, that I had much work to craft.
So I can not come to a decision. If someone can help me with the opinion, or even with some other possibility that I have not seen, I would be very grateful.

First of all let me say i totally get why you do not like CoH, until a few leagues ago i also did not like it. If your point of view does not change you can obviously change your build until it suits your playstyle, this is a game afterall, so i would never recommend playing something you do not enjoy just for the sake of power. That being sad let me explain why someone who does not mind using CoH should definitely go for it instead of the things you suggested (in my opinion):
Spoiler

1. Dropping the max res in order to get 2 blaspehmy curses means you loose 7% max res, which is a huge deal, look at the post below this one to see some more details (Warning: Math). Additionally Curses are not that reliable. there are a lot of hexproof (curse immune) rare mobs in most maps, maps can roll "less curse offectiveness" and even "hexproof" on every single monster and curses have much lower effect on map bosses and even lower on shaper and guardians. The Purities however always grant you the same bonus, no matter what. curses can fail you when you need them the most. Additionally if you do not use curse on hit you probably also do not apply Elemental Equilibrium, which basically is a better version of a curse, but does not count as one, which means it also applies on hexproof enemies.

2. You can definitely drop anger and midnight bargain, both are just damage buffs and the build is definitely functional without them, however i would not recommend The Scourge or United in Dream. In order to proc The Scourge you would have to hit - in which case you could have also used CoH, which would have granted a much bigger damage increase. United in dream is not a good item any more - at least that´s what i get from my calculations. I really tried to craft a build using That Sword, but whatever physical spectre i chose, the damage was abysmal at best compared to other spectre builds i crafted. even if the damage was not completely non-existent, it never came from the poison. with double dipping gone there is no way to scale poison applied by your minions. the only thing it is good for is the 5% life leech for your minions, which pretty much reads as "your minions are immortal", however minion survivabillity is not a problem these days. If you wanted to drop the midnight bargain you could replace it with something like an ephemeral edge or an advancing fortress gut ripper (or even aurumvorax for easy res cap).

3. Compared to using CoH and anger that would still deal way less damage, but it won't cost you that much defense (espcially if you use Temp Chains + Enfeeble) - at least against non-hexproof enemies. If you really want to avoid using CoH that would be the way to go probably.
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 5, 2018, 7:42:08 AM
"
Alerie91 wrote:
"
Galadedrid wrote:
You're not factoring Aura Effect into Max Res.

I'd be losing 7% max Fire/Cold/Lightning res switching as you suggest - which is actually 28% LESS elemental damage taken. It's certainly a trade off you could consider if you're not worried about elemental damage, but it's a bigger deal than you're suggesting.

You are right, I forgot to calculate Aura Effect on max res. I think is worth same way.

Let put an another example:

If you have 7000 ES with 83% Max Res = Effective ES 12810
If you have 7790 ES with 75% Max Res = Effective ES 13632 (Two Skill Point, +1 Aura & No Res Problem)

So as you can see, you tank better with 790 more Energy Shield that with 7% more Max Res

This is not how you calculate EHP (Effective Health Points), let me try to explain:

Let´s say something deals 100 elemental damage to you, but you have 75% elemental resist, so you only take 25 damage, which is only 1/4 of the initial number - so you would have to take 400 elemental damage in order to die. this means having for example 5k hp and 75% elemental resist result in an EHP Pool of 20k (against elemental damage) - in other words an elemental hit of 20k damage would be necessary to kill you. most monsters in the game deal huge amounts of elemental damage, because it is balanced around players having 75% all resist. just taking your total HP and multiplying it with 1.75 is not how you calculate your EHP. ;)

In your example the EHP numbers would be the following:

7790 ES with 75% Max Res = 31.160 EHP (against ele dmg)
7000 ES with 83% Max Res = 41.176 EHP (against ele dmg)

How to aqquire these numbers?
Spoiler
Calculating with 75% res is easy, you just multiply the total ES number with 4, since you only take 1/4 of the incoming damage.
7790 x 4 / 1 = 31.160
Now for 83% Max res the numbers get more ugly. First we want to know how much damage we take, for 75% res that was the nice number 1/4 (or 25%), for 83% res that is the less nice number 17/100 (or 17%). In order to calculate our EHP we have to multiplay our total ES with the 2nd digit and divide it by the first digit. So with 7000 ES and 83% Res the calculation is
7000 x 100 / 17 = 41176.

To double check the numbers you can do the following.
You take a hit of 31.160 damage and have 75% res, so 25% of the damage gets through.
31.160 x 0.25 = 7790

You take a hit of 41.176 damage and have 83% res, so 17% of the damage gets through.
41.176 x 0.17 = 7000

I'm sorry if that was a bit confusing, i usually do not explain math in english and i do not know most of the english vocabulary in that department. :/ still the calculations should be correct.

In case my attempt to explain the math was too confusing let me try it in a little different way.

Let's take 75% all Res as a baseline. If something hits you for 100 damage you take 25. Now with 82% Res you only take 18 damage, which is 28% less than compared to before. Now i ask you, what do you prefer: Taking 28% less damage or having 10% more ES (Total ES, not effective HP)?
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 5, 2018, 8:34:21 AM
"
xxWolf wrote:
This is not how you calculate EHP (Effective Health Points), let me try to explain:

Let´s say something deals 100 elemental damage to you, but you have 75% elemental resist, so you only take 25 damage, which is only 1/4 of the initial number - so you would have to take 400 elemental damage in order to die. this means having for example 5k hp and 75% elemental resist result in an EHP Pool of 20k (against elemental damage) - in other words an elemental hit of 20k damage would be necessary to kill you. most monsters in the game deal huge amounts of elemental damage, because it is balanced around players having 75% all resist. just taking your total HP and multiplying it with 1.75 is not how you calculate your EHP. ;)

In your example the EHP numbers would be the following:

7790 ES with 75% Max Res = 31.160 EHP (against ele dmg)
7000 ES with 83% Max Res = 41.176 EHP (against ele dmg)

How to aqquire these numbers?
SpoilerShow

In case my attempt to explain the math was too confusing let me try it in a little different way.

Let's take 75% all Res as a baseline. If something hits you for 100 damage you take 25. Now with 83% Res you only take 17 damage, which is 28% less than compared to before. Now i ask you, what do you prefer: Taking 28% less damage or having 10% more ES (Total ES, not effective HP)?

you're right, I do not know what stupid math I had done...
Last edited by Alerie91 on Jan 5, 2018, 5:26:14 AM
What is the reasoning behind running Faster Proj for map clear instead of pierce? To me it seems like the latter would be more beneficial for just mowing down groups of mobs.
gear

feels like short of corrupted shavs/presence I am done with gearing?
anything "easier" I could aim for that would help me out?

got around 10ex left can splurge a little.
Last edited by falagar112 on Jan 5, 2018, 9:45:45 AM
"
atmosphere01 wrote:
What is the reasoning behind running Faster Proj for map clear instead of pierce? To me it seems like the latter would be more beneficial for just mowing down groups of mobs.

Faster Proj makes your spectres not shoot twice at packs the first cast already oneshots anyway. in order for pierce to be more valuable than faster proj there would have to be at least 5 monsters in a perfect line (assuming 2 spectres shoot at the pack and most of the time even more of them aim at it), which is rarely the case.

without faster proj clearing sometimes looks like this:
Spectres shoot 2 waves at pack (spell echo) - Spectres shoot again before first 2 waves arrive - first 2 waves arrive and obliterate pack - 2nd wave arrives and finds nothing.

with faster proj you'll often notice the following:
Spectres shoot 2 waves at pack (spell echo) - the 2 waves arrive and destroy the pack - spectrers select new target(s) and repeat.

that's why i prefer faster proj for clearing, ofc you can go with pierce instead and will still melt every pack, but in my experience faster proj makes it more efficient.

Also in case you use flame sentinels pierce will prevent your spectre's projectiles from forking.
Last edited by xxWolf on Jan 5, 2018, 10:22:41 AM
"
falagar112 wrote:
gear

feels like short of corrupted shavs/presence I am done with gearing?
anything "easier" I could aim for that would help me out?

got around 10ex left can splurge a little.

at this point you could probably go for enchants for helmet and gloves. in the post below the main post i added and FaQ section, where i explain what enchants are worth going for imo.

"
xxWolf wrote:
"
atmosphere01 wrote:

Faster Proj makes your spectres not shoot twice at packs the first cast already oneshots anyway. in order for pierce to be more valuable than faster proj there would have to be at least 5 monsters in a perfect line (assuming 2 spectres shoot at the pack and most of the time even more of them aim at it), which is rarely the case.

Spectres shoot 2 waves at pack (spell echo) - Spectres shoot again before first 2 waves arrive - first 2 waves arrive and obliterate pack - 2nd wave arrives and finds nothing.

Spectres shoot 2 waves at pack (spell echo) - the 2 waves arrive and destroy the pack - spectrers select new target(s) and repeat.

that's why i prefer faster proj for clearing, ofc you can go with pierce instead and will still melt every pack, but in my experience faster proj makes it more efficient.

Also in case you use flame sentinels pierce will prevent your spectre's projectiles from forking.

The main advantage I see with pierce is against vaal totem aura (and rare monsters with same aura). Sometimes it's a bit of a pain to deal with them, relatively speaking of course.

As for enchants, wouldn't "of light" (consecrated ground) be nice with Zealot's Oath?
"
Najrah wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
atmosphere01 wrote:

The main advantage I see with pierce is against vaal totem aura (and rare monsters with same aura). Sometimes it's a bit of a pain to deal with them, relatively speaking of course.

As for enchants, wouldn't "of light" (consecrated ground) be nice with Zealot's Oath?

Try to use projectile weakness, i use it as curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info