[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
Gwahrdy wrote:
Really love this build !
Atm i'm trying to get up to high maps again (stuck at T11's right now, don't want to buy maps).
I tried Minotaur before but my shapers died pretty often (Tried some weeks ago with worse EQ, and didn't use Bone offering).

Any tips what i should upgrade next?

-> Just crafted these nice gloves today :)

-> Bought this ring for 19 C, was a good buy i think.

With all Auras up i'm at
7582 ES
7316 Eva -> 37% to evade
81/81/82/50 Res
22% Block

With bone offering:
56% block attacks
34% block spells

If you can afford, looking for a Midnight Bargain Corrupted

-You just need to learn how dodge attack, spell ect.
-Use Solar Guard to clear speed and cannibal fire eater for Guardian/Shaper Map. Remember to switch gem when you fight the boss (GMP with Slow Projectile)
-I prefer Controlled Destruction at Faster Projectile.
-Quality gems in the Chest.
-Looking for a portal in Shaper Realm and get T17 Spectre.
-Your gems in the gear are a mess
Wand: Lightining Ball, Curse on Hit & Flammability (+ Wand Corrupted = Double Curse)
Shield: Replace Grace with Haste
Helm: Raise Zombie, Summon Chaos Golem, Minion Life & Empower
Gloves: Generosity, Anger / Convocation Desacrate
Boots: Replace Vaal Grace with a Movement Skill (I prefer Phase Run, you have already increase duration and you can run in middle at mob on shaper interfase fight)
-Change your Jewel with Minion Damage, ES and Res or Stat.
-You need to improve your skill tree, it is a very mess. Try to follow this:
You have too much ES node and few socket. From socket you can get ES, Res, Stat & Minion Damage. You have too much Stat +30 Node, you dont need them. Maybe one dex, but you can fix the stat with Socket.
As last 3 passive point, get the socket near at Essence Surge.

ps: if you want melt boss, switch on Tukohama Vanguard & Wicker Man with Animate Guardian but you need change more stuff
Last edited by Alerie91 on Oct 30, 2017, 4:14:02 AM
"
unsane wrote:
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
xxWolf, this is a great guide, thank you. The only thing that stood out to me as possibly a bit outdated is your flask setup. I realize you have something that's worked over and over for several leagues, but there are a lot of nice utility flasks now that might outshine going from ~79 to ~87 of an elemental resist. Maybe, it's just a thought.

I honestly think there is no utility flask that can outclass a well rolled magic resistance flask (for this build obviously) - besides maybe taste of hate. 7% max resist + a utility mod is hard to top. wha t flasks would you suggest using instead of the resist flasks?

Unfortunately i ripped at 88, before finalizing flasks. IMO the only essential utility mods for this build are Staunching (Basalt) and Adrenaline (Quicksilver). Heat is only for popping unid strongboxes when map clearing. Curse is nice to have, but not really necessary if you are Ele Weak capped, which i was able to do. Shock is nice to have, but far from essential.

That opens up 3 whole utility flasks against the toughest content! Options:

Taste of Hate
Rumi's Concoction
Amethyst (rather reach 65 chaos resist than go 82 -> 89 of an elemental resist)
Stibnite + Jade
Aquamarine
Quartz
The Wise Oak
Divination Distillate (farm)

And many of these allow you to get Shock/Curse/Freeze immunity suffixes anyway if desired.

Another good flask is: The Sorrow of the Divine
I think it is worth to use. 7% Energy Shield Regen every second (6% flask & 1% tree) can help in dire situation when you need some healing fast.

"
Siruy wrote:
Hey, quick question for those who have played with this for a bit. At the highest levels, are the Vanguards significantly better than the Fire Eaters? My variability is just way too high on shaper (deathless one time, 4 portals the next). The fire eaters are solid, but are they as good as vanguards?

Vanguard are the best in single target, but you need do some change in your build. You can check my profile, I use 3 Vanaguard and 1 Wicker Man
Last edited by Alerie91 on Oct 30, 2017, 5:57:21 AM
Hei,

I am really interested in the build and after Harbinger ends I will give this a try in standard. I already had some of the gear but never played a summoner. My questions are:

1.) Which Gems do I need to buy and which can I level myself?
2.) Is this Build able to run Uberlab once? I am missing the last ascendancy :/ Or do i need a carry/other gearfor that?
3.) What is the playstyle in general for this build?

As I said, never played a summoner... Do i summon my minions once and then just run around casting ball lightning to curse? Or do i need to desecrate all the time and reraise zombies?

This is what I will have when Harbinger ends: https://pastebin.com/MgjCR1Uj
Last edited by DiabloAny1 on Nov 2, 2017, 8:15:08 AM
"
DiabloAny1 wrote:
Hei,

I am really interested in the build and after Harbinger ends I will give this a try in standard. I already had some of the gear but never played a summoner. My questions are:

1.) Which Gems do I need to buy and which can I level myself?
2.) Is this Build able to run Uberlab once? I am missing the last ascendancy :/ Or do i need a carry/other gearfor that?
3.) What is the playstyle in general for this build?

As I said, never played a summoner... Do i summon my minions once and then just run around casting ball lightning to curse? Or do i need to desecrate all the time and reraise zombies?

This is what I will have when Harbinger ends: https://pastebin.com/MgjCR1Uj

1) You can level with Summon Raging Spirit. Link it with Minion Damage, Added Fire Damage, Elemental Focus, Physical Damage & Elemental Damage.

2) Yep you can do, but you must very careful at trap, they can kill your spectre

3) Summon 4 Spectre, Summon 9/10 Zombie, Summon Chaso Golem (Animate Guardian if you have it) and run and cast Ball of Lightining to Curse every enemy and sometimes cast Flesh/Bone Offering.
thanks for an amazing build . i really enjoying it right now.
my only problem is i dont have enough mana. using all passive reduce reserve points and 1 conqueror jewel.my total mana is 800ish and have 49 mana left unreserved.

if any1 can check my profile and give me some advises i ll appreciate that. ty
"
Alkoer wrote:
my only problem is i dont have enough mana. using all passive reduce reserve points and 1 conqueror jewel.my total mana is 800ish and have 49 mana left unreserved.

A fast look, seems you missing the jewel that gives you more reduced reserved mana? :)
"
Alkoer wrote:

-If you dont have 2% reduced Mana Reserved, use it.
-Change 3 point in your tree:
-Remove Minion Life above "Puppet Master" ( I dont use it, but you can get it later if you want)
-Remove Two Intelligence Point under "Faith & Steel"
-Get the Socket near at "Shaper", so you get 16% Mana + Socket

ps: you can remove 51 Dex and 16 Str from your gear.

Last edited by Alerie91 on Nov 5, 2017, 6:28:27 PM
Got a couple of questions (still gearing and leveling up, soon 70 so abit left)

But why Arctic Armour? Is is for the less physical damage taken?

Why chaos golem? Instead of Animated Guardian?
Is it same reason, less physical damage taken or would Animated Guardian be better if you have it geared, so you dont put it in the guide to be more "less gear depended"? :)
I mean chaos golem gives, 4-5%? thats not much :)

Atm im using my curses in my boots so I can get of 2 curses. But im using Enfeeble and Flammability right now, would it be better to change Flammability to something else?

Im running Flame Sentinels for now, but why would I take Elemental Focus Support? Wouldt the Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments make the Sentinels to not apply ignite, or is do they do so little ignite damage so its not worth it?
Im using Controlled Destruction right now.

Will the remove crit be worse then the remove ignite? :)

Else great guide :) Now of to try get my hands on a Shavronnes Wrapping
Last edited by Puxo1105 on Nov 6, 2017, 1:38:32 AM
"
Puxo1105 wrote:
Got a couple of questions (still gearing and leveling up, soon 70 so abit left)

But why Arctic Armour? Is is for the less physical damage taken?

Why chaos golem? Instead of Animated Guardian?
Is it same reason, less physical damage taken or would Animated Guardian be better if you have it geared, so you dont put it in the guide to be more "less gear depended"? :)
I mean chaos golem gives, 4-5%? thats not much :)

Atm im using my curses in my boots so I can get of 2 curses. But im using Enfeeble and Flammability right now, would it be better to change Flammability to something else?

Im running Flame Sentinels for now, but why would I take Elemental Focus Support? Wouldt the Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments make the Sentinels to not apply ignite, or is do they do so little ignite damage so its not worth it?
Im using Controlled Destruction right now.

Will the remove crit be worse then the remove ignite? :)

Else great guide :) Now of to try get my hands on a Shavronnes Wrapping

-Artic Armor Less Physical Damage & Less Fire Damage Taken
-You can use Chaos Golem & Animate Guardian together (as me), but early Chaos Golem is better because you risk to lose often your AG + Gear if you dont have max res on him.
-I use Bone Offering, so as Curse I use Flammability + Elemental Weakness (From Midnight Bargain)
-Try Solar Guard
-I used this gem composition
Clear Map :Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - GMP - Elemental Focus (5th) - Controlled Destruction (6th)
Boss : Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Slower Projectiles - Elemental Focus (5th) - Controlled Destruction(6th)

Burning from Flame Sentinel (if they can apply) I dont think do a lot damage so you can remove it to get more damage. I looked different spectre guide and everyone say that the spectre dont have crit so you can use Controlled Destrution without problem.
"
Alerie91 wrote:

-Artic Armor Less Physical Damage & Less Fire Damage Taken
-You can use Chaos Golem & Animate Guardian together (as me), but early Chaos Golem is better because you risk to lose often your AG + Gear if you dont have max res on him.
-I use Bone Offering, so as Curse I use Flammability + Elemental Weakness (From Midnight Bargain)
-Try Solar Guard
-I used this gem composition
Clear Map :Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - GMP - Elemental Focus (5th) - Controlled Destruction (6th)
Boss : Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Slower Projectiles - Elemental Focus (5th) - Controlled Destruction(6th)

Burning from Flame Sentinel (if they can apply) I dont think do a lot damage so you can remove it to get more damage. I looked different spectre guide and everyone say that the spectre dont have crit so you can use Controlled Destrution without problem.

But is that small % from chaos golem worth it? Sounds so little to me, but I dont know poe's math so :)

I love the defensive part from enfeeble so Im gonna keep that, but I guess Flammability is the best dps curse for flame sentinels or solar guards?

Solar Guards are just like flame sentinels or im wrong? but better then, maybe should bother my as and grab some then

I have read that like minions resistene gems, the dmg part from those double dips for ignite and on that part do more damage in then end cuase ignite does some decent damage. But again, I dont know :) Thats why im asking or maybe was so before and changed in a more recent date?^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info