[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
xxxskollxxx wrote:
Played a bit more with this build, but I give up. It's weak, slow and squishy. Might be at higher levels it shines, but leveling with this is so slow I don't care anymore.

Spoiler
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Sa6oV0lta wrote:
Hi, this build looks really cool and i think it will be my next build for this league but im not that experienced in the game so can you please tell me how to level up?

I will add a more detailed leveling section in the future, but for now here is the most important things:

- Do not level with spectres, that would be a very frustrating experience

- zombies are weak until you get some minion life regeneration

- use Summon Raging Spirit as leveling skill, you can use it from level 4 onwards, it will carry you until the point where you can go full spectres (around level 70). i recommend getting a 3linked Reverberation Rod, put Summon Raging Spirit - Minion Damage - Melee Splash in it (you can use the wand from level 24 i think, until then you can place SRS and whatever supports are available at the time in a life sprig or just in whatever links are free. you can switch in multistrike for melee splash against bosses. you can also go with a tabula rasa if you have one, put SRS - Minion Damage - Melee Splash - Spell Echo - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Speed in there, again replacing melee splash with Multistrike for bosses. Tabula makes leveling easier, but Reverberation Rod also makes leveling easy.

- while leveling best is to go life based, meaning while travelling to your minion nodes you should pick up any life nodes you travel by, also try to find some gear with life rolls while leveling (resists also do never hurt)

- do not be afraid to pick up some +30 strength or dexterity nodes in the skill tree if you need more of those stats to wear gear/level gems, you can respec them later, just like the life nodes

- if you already have a high level character (which i assume since you got 20 challanges so far) you can buy the gems the build requires from the vendor next to the waypoint in act 10 town and start leveling them with your summoner, once he can. for that purpose it is a good idea to put some 3 socket weapons in your 2nd weapon set (if you press X you swap weapon sets), you will not use those weapons, but the gems in them gain experience!

- for auras while leveling i recommend using purity of elements, it makes your life much easier. Hatred greatly increases your raging spirit´s and zombie´s damage, however if you run both you will want to use an elreon ring to negate your SRS´ mana cost, you can buy one with -8 to mana cost of skills for 1C on poetrade. if you do not want to use elreon + hatred you can use clarity instead.

- Bones of Ullr got a low level rquirement, you can use those from level 22, 4linking them is not a waste of fusings, since you will keep using them in the late game, making them a good place to put a 4link zombie setup in. Raise Zombie - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Melee Physical Damage is what i usually go with for leveling.

- with your first 2 ascendancy nodes pick up Commander of Darkness, it grants very good damage and those 20% all resist are really nice while leveling (and necessary when starting maps)

- once you got your merciless ascendancy points (pick up Flesh Binder and Soul Weaver) and are about lvl 70 you can do the respec. spec out of life nodes, replace your life gear with the energy shield/low life gear (replace Shavronne´s with Solaris Lorica if you can not afford it yet) and get your aura setup running (do not forget to put in one Conquerer´s Efficiency Jewel somewhere at the tree!). if this is your first energy shield character it will feel very weird in the beginning, since you can not rely on life pots and do not have a large ES pool yet. stay behind your minions and play defensively until you got used to it (and maybe some gear upgrades).

- on the solaris lorica try to get a 4link with the colours Blue, Blue, Red, Green. Link Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Fire Penetration - Greater Multiple Projectiles in it. For (harder) bosses switch in slower projectiles for GMP. you hit those colours on the solaris lorica on average every 29 chromes. the setup is very squishy at this point without crystal belt, shav´s and presence of chayula, but also very cheap and - if played safely - able to farm up to red maps until you can get gear upgrades. last league i farmed T13 Scriptorium maps with it for the Shavronne´s wrappings, that is not necessary any more, since shav´s got much cheaper. (energy shield is dead, you know? i´ll tell you something: shaper didn´t notice.)

you do not necessarily have to do everything i mentioned, you can level without any of the uniques, you can level with energy shield gear and just dont pick up life and you could level as a completely different build (firestorm for example), but the things i described make the leveling process much more enjoyable (for me at least) and safe. i know that a lot of people do not like to do respecs, but i really recommend just picking up those life nodes, as ES is really weak while leveling and you get a lot of respec points just by doing the quests. and even if you had to spend a few regrets later ("few" means about 5, not 50.), that would be worth it, considering you needed 4 less hours for leveling and had 20 deaths less.

Spoiler
Holy Crap i just realized i wrote a book

Edit: i just took a look at your gear and i know why it feels slow, squishy and weak.

your gloves have 20 (!!!) ES. some with 150+ can be picked up for 1C.
you prefered a helmet with the 40% spectre damage enchant (which is not even worth it, as the damage is just additive) over something with better defenses. a "The Vertex" with about double the es of your current helmet can be bought for 4C.
you use 2 quicksilvers and 2 mana (?) flasks instead of resist flasks.
you do not have eye of chayula for stun immunity.
there are more smaller things (for example you did not pick up the 1 point jewel sockets, which can also grant %ES but instead spent a point on Mind over Matter (?) )

i have no problems with constructive criticism, but you just waived large parts of the defenses of the build and then called it weak. if you were just very poor and maybe new to the game i´d understand that, but apparently you were able to afford a 6l shav´s but no gloves with more than 20 ES.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 22, 2017, 3:01:33 PM

Leveled this build in the previous days wanting to try my first summoner build experience. Boy is it a joy to play! Been clearing t14 and t15 without a belt as I'm waiting on lvl 79 to equip my crystal belt and it's been a cakewalk, only struggled a bit while levelling with 1.2k hp (lul) .

Some questions:

What about Solar Guards? Been using them today as I've got some t15 ones and they're face rolling everything, but you don't mention them in the spectre list

Also I've been unable to desecrate cannibal fire eaters in Shore, I tried for like 10 minutes. I found them randomly in an Arena map later, is spamming shores the only way to get them if you're planning to run some guardians and stuff?

Lastly, I'm at 5.6k ES without my 130 ES crystal belt, is that enough or should I look into some gear upgrades for shaper/guardians? ( I think rings are pretty weak)

Thanks for the great build guide!
Last edited by MontgomeryBrst on Aug 22, 2017, 1:56:52 PM
"

Leveled this build in the previous days wanting to try my first summoner build experience. Boy is it a joy to play! Been clearing t14 and t15 without a belt as I'm waiting on lvl 79 to equip my crystal belt and it's been a cakewalk, only struggled a bit while levelling with 1.2k hp (lul) .

Some questions:

What about Solar Guards? Been using them today as I've got some t15 ones and they're face rolling everything, but you don't mention them in the spectre list

Also I've been unable to desecrate cannibal fire eaters in Shore, I tried for like 10 minutes. I found them randomly in an Arena map later, is spamming shores the only way to get them if you're planning to run some guardians and stuff?

Lastly, I'm at 5.6k ES without my 130 ES crystal belt, is that enough or should I look into some gear upgrades for shaper/guardians? ( I think rings are pretty weak)

Thanks for the great build guide!

Solar guards got added in 3.0 and are indeed very solid spectres, i just have not added them to the guide yet because i do not know yet in which maps they appear and i do not think they are a big upgrade to flame sentinels, which are a lot easier to get - especially for new players. i will add them at some point.

apparently not every single shore map contains fire-eaters, still i think using shore is the most reliable way to get them. in theory however you can get them in any map that has them as part of their spawn table, so all maps i list for the fire-eaters, so spamming shore is not the only way.

the belt should push you over 6k ES, which should be fine for guardians, however you will probably die a few times in your first attempts, as they fights need some practice!
"
mattc3303 wrote:
Frost Sentinels
Sandworn Slaves (cyclone spark tornadoes)
Wicker man (RF)

There may be a few more decent ones out there but I had not done too much testing.

Solar Guard is definitely the strongest for pure map clearing. I feel like I can go much faster with them then frost/flame sentinels because their lasers snipes packs before I ever get there most of the time.

Do you know in wich map they spawn in? Or does anyone else know?

Where to find them and where to open map for higher lvl spectre..

Thank you!
"
As expected Energy shield values went down, with good end game gear (including Shavronne´s Wrappings with decent roll, The Vertex Vaal Mask, Presence of Chayula and one Energy from Within Jewel) you previously had about 8.2k ES, after 3.0 release you will have about 6.6k ES. Obviously a nerf, but it does not hit that build as hard as it seems. Take a look at the section above this one if you want a more detailed explanation from me.

Due to the nerf to the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy node we lost some damage, while previously all 4 Spectres together dealt about 2.2 Million dps they now deal about 1.8 Million dps. I do not see this as a problem at all, because math. Infinite minus 18% is still infinte. No seriously, i doubt i will even notice the damage loss, i do not mind if i need an extra 5 seconds for shaper and friends. Note that i did these calculations without Flesh Offering since we do not use it against the hardest bosses.

The Basalt flask got nerfed, just like the "Alchemist" cluster in the Passive Tree (Above the "Lord of the Dead"-Node), both are still worth using/picking up in my opinion.

Apparently (could not check that myself yet as i did not play Beta) there is no Story-Zone where you can desecrate Cannibal Fire-Eaters, which might make getting them a bit more annoying. Once i found out i will tell you what my best solution for that problem is, for now my suggestion is to just put Shore Maps (Tier 8) to the side whenever you find them and (if you want to take down some guardians/shaper) start your sessions with one of those, since they seem to almost always contain Fire-Eaters. I am hoping GGG will implement Log-Out persistent spectres soon, since they finally mentioned it is on their to-do-list. (I think they called it their "eventual goal".)

I think it is also worth noting that life numbers of high map bosses were increased significantly, that makes the ability to take down bosses fast (you asked for 1.8 million dps?) and safely (you asked for meathsield/distraction?) even more important.

If you think i forgot something or have questions about the changes (or the build in general) just make a post in this thread, i usually reply within 24 hours.

Hi, Quick question here. How can I calc the dps of the minions. How do you know it was 2.2 and now it is 1.8?

Thanks a lot.
"
Razi_Anarchy wrote:
"
As expected Energy shield values went down, with good end game gear (including Shavronne´s Wrappings with decent roll, The Vertex Vaal Mask, Presence of Chayula and one Energy from Within Jewel) you previously had about 8.2k ES, after 3.0 release you will have about 6.6k ES. Obviously a nerf, but it does not hit that build as hard as it seems. Take a look at the section above this one if you want a more detailed explanation from me.

Due to the nerf to the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy node we lost some damage, while previously all 4 Spectres together dealt about 2.2 Million dps they now deal about 1.8 Million dps. I do not see this as a problem at all, because math. Infinite minus 18% is still infinte. No seriously, i doubt i will even notice the damage loss, i do not mind if i need an extra 5 seconds for shaper and friends. Note that i did these calculations without Flesh Offering since we do not use it against the hardest bosses.

The Basalt flask got nerfed, just like the "Alchemist" cluster in the Passive Tree (Above the "Lord of the Dead"-Node), both are still worth using/picking up in my opinion.

Apparently (could not check that myself yet as i did not play Beta) there is no Story-Zone where you can desecrate Cannibal Fire-Eaters, which might make getting them a bit more annoying. Once i found out i will tell you what my best solution for that problem is, for now my suggestion is to just put Shore Maps (Tier 8) to the side whenever you find them and (if you want to take down some guardians/shaper) start your sessions with one of those, since they seem to almost always contain Fire-Eaters. I am hoping GGG will implement Log-Out persistent spectres soon, since they finally mentioned it is on their to-do-list. (I think they called it their "eventual goal".)

I think it is also worth noting that life numbers of high map bosses were increased significantly, that makes the ability to take down bosses fast (you asked for 1.8 million dps?) and safely (you asked for meathsield/distraction?) even more important.

If you think i forgot something or have questions about the changes (or the build in general) just make a post in this thread, i usually reply within 24 hours.

Hi, Quick question here. How can I calc the dps of the minions. How do you know it was 2.2 and now it is 1.8?

Thanks a lot.

i use a program called Path of Building, it let´s you add items to a build, customize your skill tree, set gem setups and basically does the math for you. it even lets you calculate spectre dps.
Spoiler
Accidentally double posted, mb
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 22, 2017, 5:22:08 PM
How do you avoid dying, like, 2-3 times per map? I always have the problem that either i have massive downtime because i have to wait for minions inbetween convocations (the cooldown is way too big...) or have to play very risky by running behind enemies to force the teleport on the minions. The latter obviously gets me killed.

Then there is dying to: burning ground, poison gas, explody ground, etc because it prevents reggen. And without any leech all the small hits one usually ignores really add up. Also there is a lot of mobs with piercing projectiles as i found out.

And lastly: Which gods are you using?

Oh, also getting frozen for 3seconds at random because of LL really sucks. I have removing flasks for it, but it get reapplied a lot of times nearly instant.

PS: Gear and skilltree should be fine, didn't get an Energy from within yet because hilariously overpriced, despite that i'm sitting at 6k ES. Swapped chayula for ES amu since i seem to not get stunned a lot, what i wrote applies to with and without chayula.

edit: Just some things i noticed myself: the offerings have no range. Keeping the speed offering up at all times helps a lot. Second thing: Never do Scriptorium or any other narrow path map. They just suck.
Last edited by wlfbck on Aug 22, 2017, 9:08:50 PM
Hi, a question. I currently have the complete team almost 7400 ES with gems 20/20 but when calculating with the path of building it tells me that my minions only make 170k each. surely I am doing wrong but the truth is I have no idea how to do it, and set the level of the Minions, the build, the equipment and not. Could you please put it as set up or look if I have something wrong? Thank you very much and greetings.
Last edited by flasdaon on Aug 23, 2017, 5:27:56 AM
Hey man, i wanted to try a summoner for once after playing a lot of different builds, found yours and after some difficulties in the start i like it so much, lvl 70 i started to clear maps of tier 10+, amazing (for me)
Although, i have 2 points and dont want to read 49 pages of comments hoping you would mention something bout it ;)
1. idk if they changed something bout the spawning monsters with desecrate when u have that spectre. i.e. (following ur guide) i go to eternal lab, spawn flame sentinel, then (after raising spectre) i activate map device with vault map, found in ur list it spawns flame sentinels (no mods like 'inhabited by ***'), but all i got was the monsters the map actually contained like galvanic sentinels which i dont want cos we have firedmg-build and not lightning etc ... no clue what im doing wrong actually :/

2. when u get ele-weakness on midnightbargain you swap the curse for enfeeble. Actually, what do u think bout flammability in there? ofc monsters dont become weaker from enfeeble then, deal more damage and its more a risk for u, but flammability should improve clearing speed A LOT, no?
thx in advance for your thoughts, as i said: awesome build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info