[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

i have a question - is the aura gem quality going to matter?
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
I can fit the auras but I am having trouble with having enough actual mana to cast zombies. Currently have 17 unreserved mana to use. Anything I am missing...checked the tree and gear but cant find anything im missing
I found out that using arctic armor will gimp your mana to very low to cast anything, so you can try not using arctic armor until you solve your mana problem, I actually play without arctic armor and it still fine.
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op
"
mattislouie wrote:
i have a question - is the aura gem quality going to matter?

no, not really. if you want to invest into quality gems look for quality on zombies, spectres, curse on hit, enfeeble, flesh/bone offering, increased duration and the support gems for your spectres. you do not need any of this, but if you want to invest into quality gems, go for these instead of auras.
"
Tippies wrote:
I can fit the auras but I am having trouble with having enough actual mana to cast zombies. Currently have 17 unreserved mana to use. Anything I am missing...checked the tree and gear but cant find anything im missing

you probably forgot the conquerer´s efficiency jewel, it gives you 2% reduced mana reserved. you get it from the quest in act 2 merciless in the crypt lvl 2. if you use that and put your zombies in a the vertex helmet you should be able to cast zombies. however when you reach a certain point your zombies will only die in fights vs guardians and shaper, where it is not worth resummoning them anyway.

"
hello7op wrote:
I found out that using arctic armor will gimp your mana to very low to cast anything, so you can try not using arctic armor until you solve your mana problem, I actually play without arctic armor and it still fine.

i highly recommend not to turn off arctic armour. 12-13% less physical and fire damage taken while stationary + the chill effect to anything that attacks you or walks to the ice trail are a very nice defensive bonus.
in the past there were a few times where i forgot to turn on arctic armour again after summoning spectres, i felt much weaker defensively and i checked my purity auras again and again until i finally noticed arctic armour was missing. what i want to say with that: even tho i did not notice i forgot to turn on arctic armour i definetly noticed smth was missing, which means to me arctic armour is not a placebo and indeed very valuable.
"
hello7op wrote:
I just hit 90 with the build, overall the build is good. I just have some question about shaper guardian. How do you deal with minotaur rock spam when he low and phoenix constant from his add .

i am not sure what your question about the phoenix is supposed to mean, however i alrdy answered how to deal with minotaur:
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Galadedrid wrote:
So this is a super build, but my only problem is with Minotaur.

Lack of a movement skill and necessity to be close enough to direct spectres with BL leave you vulnerable to certain mechanics once the fences come up and the arena is filled with rocks of doom.

I have other characters who can manage Mino without trouble, so it's not an enormous problem, I was just curious if there were tactics that hadn't occurred to me - seems like a phenomenally unfriendly fight for minions.

Hydra's semi-frequent high hits and phoenix's periodic giant thwacks give them plenty of opportunity to leech back without trouble, but Mino is just unpleasant.

minotaur is the quickest fight of the 4 if u play it correctly.

1. approach from the bottom, you have much better vision from there.
2. cast desecrate + bone offering before u trigger him.
3. run to him and convocate.
4. stay close to him, so he does not use his burrow attack, stick to walls if you can (if he uses that rock fall - slam that way half of the rocks will fall outside of the arena)
5. if he ramps up the lightning sweep or the rock fall attack kite to the bottom left of the arena. at this point the fence there will not be active yet (usually)
6. if he burrows, just take a step to the side, then get close to him again and repeat steps 4. and 5.

the fight should be over before you ever have to get through a fence. however i recommend not to roll turbo (+% monster attack/cast/movement-speed) on that map, since it becomes a lot harder to sidestep his attacks that way. you can definitely do it, but it gets risky. i will try to upload a video soon, i actually ordered a new microphone yesterday, so maybe it will not sound like i am sitting in a wind tunnel any more.

EDIT:
Just checked your gear/skilltree and i see you cut the alchemist cluster in the skill tree and also replaced the arctic armour with an animated guardian. as i already mentioned, try and tinker around as you want, but that alchemist cluster + the arctic armour can be the difference between getting oneshot by a minotaur slam and casually walking away with 2.5k energy shield left.
Last edited by xxWolf on Apr 10, 2017, 8:45:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH58scOMZww
Shaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXWgohK768
Maze of the Minotaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5pktOPy4o
Uber Atziri

All T11 Fire Raiser

My CI Summoner BD
"
望月悠 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH58scOMZww
Shaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXWgohK768
Maze of the Minotaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5pktOPy4o
Uber Atziri

All T11 Fire Raiser

My CI Summoner BD

nice dps, but you lack any defense, i doubt you can farm anything reliably without dying.
which ascendancy points am i going to want to take from most important to least important?

~thanks
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
mattislouie wrote:
which ascendancy points am i going to want to take from most important to least important?

~thanks

i like taking commander of darkness first, since the 20% all resist make gearing a lot easier and once you transitioned to low life that node provides a big damage boost. cruel lab is not that important until you can run merciless lab, in those 2 labs i pick up flesh binder and soul weaver. soul weaver basically means that your sepctres will never die.

lastly i pick up mistress of sacrifice, the bonus to clearspeed (flesh offering) or tankiness (bone offering) is REALLY strong, but i think capping your resists and preventing your spectres from ever dying again is more important.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info