[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

"
roetetoet wrote:
Hi, can you update with the hew tree please and any changes like the new Mon'tregul's Grasp and treshhold jewels being more viable ?

the tree is updated (almost nothing changed), i also mentioned the threshhold jewels in the "other gear" section. mon´treguls grasp is for sure more viable now, but it is meant to be used in build where zombies are your primary dps source, which is not the case in this build. it would only cut our meatshield in half and prevent us from using midnight bargain or prism guardian, which both are essential to the build.
Last edited by xxWolf on Mar 25, 2017, 6:15:26 PM
Which spectres do you find best for map clear and which is the best for bossing?
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Which spectres do you find best for map clear and which is the best for bossing?

for map clear all the spectres i mention are viable, i like to switch between them. if you take boss/triple-essence-rare/breachlord/etc - killing into equation flame sentinels and undying incinerators probably have a slight edge, but you can use all of them to clear maps fast and kill up to t15 bosses without any problem.

for just bossing cannibal fire-eaters outshine the others, i use them to farm guardians and shaper.
Last edited by xxWolf on Mar 26, 2017, 9:09:01 AM
Do you think it is worth using the sorrow of the divine flask for this build? Also, should I buy a 6linked shavs or 6 linked a shavs myself?
Last edited by Satsuki09 on Mar 26, 2017, 10:56:24 AM
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Do you think it is worth using the sorrow of the divine flask for this build? Also, should I buy a 6linked shavs or 6 linked a shavs myself?

sorrow of the divine is 100% not worth it, we have close to no life regen, so all regen we would get from the zalot´s oath is the 4% the consecrated ground would provide and the 40% increased damage do not apply on minions.

if you buy or link one is up to you. on average you need between 1200 and 1400 fuses to 6l smth (afaik), but i myself for example have spent over 4k fuses last league without getting a single 6link and this league i have 6linked 3 items with less than 300 fuses spent. absolutely on you if u wanna gamble or go the safe route. if you can get a 6l shav´s for less than a not 6l shav´s + 1200 fuses would cost you can probably make a good deal. also remember a 6l is nice of course but you can do guardians and shaper even on a 5l. i recommend 5linking it yourself (you hit a 5l in less than 100 fuses most of the time) and hey, maybe you get lucky and "accidentally" get a 6l.
So this is a super build, but my only problem is with Minotaur.

Lack of a movement skill and necessity to be close enough to direct spectres with BL leave you vulnerable to certain mechanics once the fences come up and the arena is filled with rocks of doom.

I have other characters who can manage Mino without trouble, so it's not an enormous problem, I was just curious if there were tactics that hadn't occurred to me - seems like a phenomenally unfriendly fight for minions.

Hydra's semi-frequent high hits and phoenix's periodic giant thwacks give them plenty of opportunity to leech back without trouble, but Mino is just unpleasant.
"
Galadedrid wrote:
So this is a super build, but my only problem is with Minotaur.

Lack of a movement skill and necessity to be close enough to direct spectres with BL leave you vulnerable to certain mechanics once the fences come up and the arena is filled with rocks of doom.

I have other characters who can manage Mino without trouble, so it's not an enormous problem, I was just curious if there were tactics that hadn't occurred to me - seems like a phenomenally unfriendly fight for minions.

Hydra's semi-frequent high hits and phoenix's periodic giant thwacks give them plenty of opportunity to leech back without trouble, but Mino is just unpleasant.

minotaur is the quickest fight of the 4 if u play it correctly.

1. approach from the bottom, you have much better vision from there.
2. cast desecrate + bone offering before u trigger him.
3. run to him and convocate.
4. stay close to him, so he does not use his burrow attack, stick to walls if you can (if he uses that rock fall - slam that way half of the rocks will fall outside of the arena)
5. if he ramps up the lightning sweep or the rock fall attack kite to the bottom left of the arena. at this point the fence there will not be active yet (usually)
6. if he burrows, just take a step to the side, then get close to him again and repeat steps 4. and 5.

the fight should be over before you ever have to get through a fence. however i recommend not to roll turbo (+% monster attack/cast/movement-speed) on that map, since it becomes a lot harder to sidestep his attacks that way. you can definitely do it, but it gets risky. i will try to upload a video soon, i actually ordered a new microphone yesterday, so maybe it will not sound like i am sitting in a wind tunnel any more.
Hey, I wonder if I can use severed in sleep sword instead of midnight for poison minion, is it better than midnight ?
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op
"
hello7op wrote:
Hey, I wonder if I can use severed in sleep sword instead of midnight for poison minion, is it better than midnight ?

"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Satsuki09 wrote:
Would a united in dream give more dps than a midnight bargain?

No, not in this build, for the following reasons:

only physical and chaos damage can poison, the cannibal fire-eaters deal fire damage however. yes, the envy aura would add some chaos damage which would then apply poison, but that is extremely minor.

using the envy aura would fk up our aura setup, because we can not put the envy aura in our prism guardian, since it is the weapon that grants us the envy skill.

midnight bargain grants us an additional spectre, this is essentially a 33% more multiplier, united in dream does not.

I am not saying united in dream is a bad item, it is very powerfull, but only if you focus on minions that deal physical or chaos damage to. learys auramancer uses it for example and he also killed shaper with it, but that is a different build.
Thank you for your answer, I have one more question for you, what your highest es you have when playing this build with top end gear, I feels kinda squishy with 5k2 es right now with shav, do you know how to improve my surviability more.

On sidenote, I did test some maps to find cannibal fire eater spawn:desert, beach, dunes, canyon, shore (shaped version too ), promenade , it seem likes they spawn in beach or sand theme maps. You can test it again to verify it.
Looking for friend to play with.
Im lonely :((

IGN: hello7op

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info