[2.5] [SC] [Guardian/Atziri Viable][Uber Izaro] Flop's Scolded Last Breath - Pathfinder Build Guide

Hey Guys, I am Floptimus Prime and here is my Scolded Last Breath Build for Patch 2.5

Crackling lighting and icy shards shoot out as you spin through crowds of enemies, leaving decimation in your wake. No one can stop you but yourself. And walls. And doors. And rocks… all of these things have murdered me.

Flop’s Scolded Last Breath

This is Flop's guide to Scold's Last Breath. It was inspired by Reddit user’s KVZR video. KVZR's Reddit Post

About the Author and Build's Hopes and Dreams

We have made it to the Ranger Build Master List! #Hype

Spoiler

About the author:

I have only played Path of Exile for about a month. I will make this guide as friendly to beginners as I can! Most of the info provided is as I have gathered it and be somewhat explained to how some of the finer points work.

I have NEVER written a formal guide before. Please let me know how I can improve it.

I am a small time streamer (twitch.tv/floptimus_prime -- Bring questions to the stream or in comments.)

I am working on videos to accompany the build guide and showcase accomplishments as I get to them. (My character is still only level 83, but the build is panning out well.)

I intend to keep this build updated and add budget version as I progress!

Showcase

All Guardians and Uber Izaro on farm status. Shaper is still giving me a hard time. I know the build can do I am just bad..

Spoiler

Videos

This is an early rendition of the build at level 81
T13 Shaped Tropical Island

Level 85 Shaped Strand with a good chunk of Mods

Breaching with this Build

Deathless Atziri
Just get as far away from the Mirror as possible and do not be afraid to off your righteous fire and stop spinning to make sure all is well. ***Video is rending if you can’t view try again in a bit. Will remove tag after my workday and the video is ready***

How the Build Works:

We use THREE items to make this build work:

Scold's Bridle damages us for 400% of the mana cost of our skills. This is used to proc our CWDT gems and thus trigger all of our glorious attacks. But the damage will kill me, you say?

That is why we use a Zerphi's Flask. It heals us for 800% of the mana cost of our skills. This is twice as much as Scold's takes away, thus keeping us alive almost all the time

We do die occasionally as a result of this mechanic.

We use 6 Fevered Mind jewels to keep the mana cost of our Cyclone High so that we can trigger our high level CWDT Gems and our attacks.

If you level and don't stop attacking right away, you will die. This happens because when you level your mana gets refilled for free. Zerphi's Flask turns off once hitting full mana so any further attacks cause Scold’s to take health away.

And by that same regard, if you do not turn your flask on and start spinning or get hit you will die as fast as your attacks proc.

Mana Usage

We use Mind Over Matter to keep our mana used up. This takes 30% of all damage done to us from our Mana. Which keeps our mana down so Zerphi’s never gets turned off.

Skill Trees

Spoiler

Notable Nodes:

Spoiler

Mind Over Matter
“When hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life” - We use this to keep our Mana Empty so we can keep 100% uptime on our Zerphi’s Flasks otherwise we are dead.

Elemental Overload
“40% More elemental damage if you’ve crit in the past 8 seconds” - Why yes we crit ill take 40% more damage all the time!

Whispers of Doom
“Enemies can have 1 additional Curse” - And dual curse is born, we now hurt the baddies more.

Single Curse

112 Points - Level 90

Dual Curse Skill Tree

112 Points - Level 90

112 Points - Level 90 - With Extra Jewel Socket for Golem

117 Points - 95

122 Points - Level 100

Leveling Skill Trees

46 Points - Level 40 - Normal Completed

71 Points - Level 57 - Cruel Completed

90 Points - Level 68 - Merc Passive Quests Completed - Mappable Now

Bandits

Normal - Help Oak for the +40 Life
Cruel - Kill them all! We want the skill point
Merciless - Murder them all once more for the skill point

Ascendancy

There are really no bad options here. They depend on how you want to take the build to fit your playstyle. The image above shows how I have chosen to go and the order I got the points.

Class Testing Beta Trees

If you try out one of the below trees please let me know what you think and or any criticisms you may have! Look forward to improving these parts of the guide!

Gem Links

We can pull 1 Skill Gem for a Golem for 40-45% Damage increase on all spells if we run the Extra Jewel Socket tree and add in a Primordial Might. (Credit to Laxcrazy for the idea)

Spoiler

Acronyms

Spoiler

Compiling this list and then will update links so they are easier to read for Pro's and Beginners alike!

BM: Blood Magic
CwDT: Cast when Damage Taken

Feel free to move these set ups around to fit your gear and also to experiment with other spells.

Discharge Links

Spoiler

Single Curse Links

Spoiler

Helm

4 Link - RBBB
Cast when Damage Taken - Glacial Cascade - Enfeeble - Shock Nova

Chest

6 Link - RRBBBB
Discharge:
Cast when Damage Taken - Discharge - Molten Shell - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus

5 Link - Coming soon!

Gloves

Do not quality or level your Blood Magic Support gem as it reduces the mana multiplier. We want our cyclone to cost as much as possible. This helps us trigger spells more often and in turn adds to our healing done with Zerphi’s Ruby Flask

4 Link - GGRR
Cyclone - Fortify - Blood Magic Support - Culling Strike

Boots

4 Link - RBBB
Cast When Damage Taken - Flame Surge - Freezing Pulse - Arctic Breath

Shield

3 Link - RBB
Cast when Damage Taken - Righteous Fire - Vortex

Weapon
***Must Be Compatible with Cyclone ***

3 Link - RBG
Cast when Damage Taken - Spark - Ball Lightning

Dual Curse Links

Spoiler

Helm

4 Link - RBBB

Chest

6 Link - RRBBBB
Discharge:
Cast when Damage Taken - Discharge - Molten Shell - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus

5 Link - Coming soon!

Gloves

Do not quality or level your Blood Magic Support gem as it reduces the mana multiplier. We want our cyclone to cost as much as possible. This helps us trigger spells more often and in turn adds to our healing done with Zerphi’s Ruby Flask

4 Link - GGRR

Boots

4 Link - RBBB

Shield

3 Link - RBB

Weapon

3 Link - RBG
Cast when Damage Taken - Spark - Elemental Weakness

Non-Discharge Links

Spoiler

Single Curse Links

Spoiler

Helm

4 Link - RBBB

Chest

6 Link - RRBBBB
Cast when Damage Taken - Magma Orb - Molten Shell - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus or Fireball

5 Link - Coming soon!

Gloves

4 Link - GGRR

Boots

4 Link - RBBB

Shield

3 Link - RBB

Weapon

3 Link - RBG
Cast when Damage Taken - Spark - Ball Lightning

Dual Curse Links

Spoiler

Helm

4 Link - RBBB

Chest

6 Link - RRBBBB
Cast when Damage Taken - Magma Orb - Molten Shell - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus or Fireball

5 Link - Coming soon!

Gloves

4 Link - GGRR

Boots

4 Link - RBBB

Shield

3 Link - RBB

Weapon

3 Link - RBG
Cast when Damage Taken - Spark - Elemental Weakness

Gear

Spoiler

Expensive Gear Notable Mods

Spoiler

Glove - Wyrmsign
Recommended: Curses with Lvl 11 Elemental Weakness on Hit
Adequat: +1 Level to socketed gems

Ele Weakness frees up a gem socket for Haste which will give us more move and attack speed which means more procs from our Cyclone and faster travel time across maps
More Coming Soon!

Amulet - Voll’s Devotion

Gain an Endurance Charge when a Power Charge expires or is consumed.

This gives us 3 power charges and 3 endurance charges for our discharge to consume. Almost 100% uptime

Ring - Romira’s Banquet

Gain a Power Charge on Non-Critical Strike

This gives us 3 Power charges for our Discharge to consume. Almost 100% uptime

Weapon

We want a lot of Spell and Elemental Damage here. Also a faster attack speed will help with our Cyclone but is not required, since we trigger most of our skills.

You could Essence Craft an item using an Essence of Hysteria for the 10% Chance to cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit for some more fire damage!

Shield:

We want to go with Spell Damage, Maximum Life and Resistances here.

Helm:

Only one choice here of course. Go for the highest rolls you can afford.

Body:

Life and Resists here could also go with an Onslaught Mod to make you go go faster with Cyclone Strike

Boots:

Obviously Move Speed 30%, Resists and Life

Gloves:

If you go for a pair of Rare Gloves Life, Resists, Attack speed doesn’t hurt either. There are also a few other Unique Glove options as well.

Belt:

Once again we want Life and Resists. But two things you really want are Reduce Flask Charges Used and Increased Flask Effect Duration. These will help you keep your flasks up 100% of the time.

Jewelry:

I went with Romira’s and Voll’s to gain Charges for Discharge. These will give you a total of 6 charges. If you don’t go the Discharge route you could go for Rare Rings with Life, Resists and Elemental Damage. Also a Dual Curse ring if you want to save the skill points it takes to get to dual curse and use them on life or something more important to you.

Flasks:

Dying Sun is very expensive but man is it worth it!

Zerphi’s is a Must-have otherwise you’re dead.

A Panicked Life Flask of Dousing will give you insta-heals and an Off switch to Righteous Fire.

Of course we want a Quicksilver flask as well!

Budget Build

Spoiler

If we scrap the Voll’s Devotion (100-150c), Dying Sun Ruby Flask (275-350c) and our corruped Wyrmsign Gloves (40c) and replace them with rare gear and do not run Discharge our build cost goes down considerably. I started out without these items and ran maps until I could afford to make the switch and they provide a huge AOE and Single target Damage boost at a cost of about 600-1200 Life depending on the rolls you purchase or had prior to the switch.

The trade of is obviously Life and Survivability over Damage. I would go with Budget and Life option until you are comfortable with the build and then if you feel your damage or clear speed is lacking transition to the Discharge version.

Discharge has proven to make Guardians and Shaper a tad bit trickier but you just need to learn the fight mechanics and actually do them and have a lot less room for error when it comes to avoiding them.

When buying or considering your budget gear look for the same stat priorities as the more expensive version and get what fits your budget. It is tough to link budget gear because it will be different for all of us depending on how we balance our resists individually.

If you need help gearing contact me and I would be happy to try and help within reason.

Current Gear (1/7/17)
Spoiler

Weapon:

Shield:

Helm:

Body:

Boots:

Gloves:

Belt:

Jewelry:

Flasks:

Jewels

Spoiler

We are running six Fevered Mind Jewels. These give us a ton of Spell Damage and the added mana cost helps keep our self killing and healing going strong!

With 6 Fevered Mind Jewels you're adding 600% mana cost to your Cyclone which is making it hurt you more and heal your for more as well. The added spell damage is nothing to scoff at with 6 at 30% Spell damage giving you 180% more spell damage as well.

Recommended Lab Enchants

Spoiler

Helmet

If you go Discharge:

Merc Lab: 25% increased Discharge Damage
Uber Lab: 40% increased Discharge Damage

Without Discharge:

Increased Damage or Radius of your prefered skill gems - Would recommend one from your 6L Body

Gloves

Single Curse:

Take your pick here.

Dual Curse:

I take corruption over lab enchant here. Curse Enemies with Level 11 Elemental Weakness on Hit saves a Gem Socket for your second curse.

Boots

Merc Lab: 12% Increased Attack and Cast Speed if you’ve killed recently
Merc Lab: 16% Increased Attack and Cast Speed if you’ve killed recently

Essence Crafting

Spoiler

Weapon:

We want to use Essence of Hysteria for this to get the 10% Chance to Cast Flame Burst on hit. We hit a bunch with Cyclone Strike so the odds are really great that we cast that a lot! Look for spell damage on your weapon as well as the Different Elemental Damage types.

Mapping

Spoiler

Map Mods build CANNOT do:

Reflects % Elemental Damage
Obviously

Map Mods to watch out for and not stack too many on one map:

So far none

Sextant Mods build CANNOT do:

Life and Mana from flasks is Instant
If we reach full mana we literally kill ourselves shortly thereafter so this is bad.

Leveling Tips and Setups

Spoiler

Leveling Gear

I used this gear up until 68 with minimal issues. I would recommend swapping out of our Elreon Jewelry once resists become an issue.

This gear could be used to level any build and is rather quick to boot. You may have to pick up some intelligence.

Spoiler

Helm:

Attack and Movement Speed!!

Chest:

Duh let’s get our 6l on early!

Belt:

All Attributes and some Fire Resist

Boots

Obvious choice until you find better movement speed with resists

Jewelry:

Elreon Ring x2 for the No Mana cost skills

More Movement speed here!

Weapons:

Level 6-32:

Double dip on this guy. Also movement speed! Hope you're seeing the pattern here

Level 32-68:

Big Brother. Run two of these as well!

Fill in the other slots with whatever you like. You can get most of these for a Chaos or less. Of course these items can be higher for the start of a League but this isn't a league starting build anyway.

Gem Links

These are the links I use to level most of my builds. Use what you like but if you need ideas here you are.

Use what your provided until you can use Sunder then set this up as you go.

Spoiler

Chest - 6 Link:

Sunder - Life Gain on Hit - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Added Fire Damage Support - Culling Strike

Heralds

Stick Herald of Ash in somewhere when you can

Movement Skill

I use Leap Slam linked with a Faster Attacks

Flask Upgrade Opportunities

I like Panicked Flasks for those “Oh Shit” moments once you get to higher tier flasks

Level 3 : Medium Life Flask
Level 6 : Large Life Flask
Level 12 : Greater Life Flask
Level 18 : Grand Life Flask
Level 24 : Greater Life Flask
Level 30 : Colossal Life Flask
Level 36 : Sacred Life Flask
Level 42 : Hallowed Life Flask
Level 50 : Sanctified Life Flask
Level 60 : Divine Life Flask
Level 65 : Eternal life Flask

Thanks for reading and I hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions I will gladly help out. Also remember this is a build in progress so I will continue to add and update it as the League progresses. Guaranteed Maintenance to this guide for the entirety of Breach League!

***** Change Log *****
Guide Posted - 1/6/17
Added First Video - 1/7/17
Added Dual Curse Tree - 1/7/17
Added Crafting and Enchanting Section 1/7/17
Added Dual Curse Gem Links 1/7/17
Added Mapping Section 1/9/17
Added Gorge Breach Video 1/9/17
Updated Single and Dual Curse Trees to Level 90 1/11/17
Updated Dual Curse Trees to 100 and 95 1/11/17
Leveling Trees Added - No Respecs Required! 1/11/17
Added Class Testing Beta Tree Section 1/11/17
Added Beta Scion Tree 1/11/17
Updated Enchant Section 1/11/17
Added Leveling Guide 1/11/17
Added Non-Discharge Links 1/11/17
Added extra Jewel Socket Dual Curse Tree 1/12/17
Added Golem option 1/12/17
Added Notable Nods to Skill Tree Section 1/16/17
Added Deathless Atziri Video updated Video Section 1/16/17

IGN: Flop_Prime | Scolded Last Breath Guide: /view-thread/1814068 | Twitch: /floptimus_prime
Last edited by Floptimus_Prime on Jan 16, 2017, 7:01:50 AM
Last bumped on May 17, 2017, 2:58:55 PM
Reserved
IGN: Flop_Prime | Scolded Last Breath Guide: /view-thread/1814068 | Twitch: /floptimus_prime
Just wanted to leave a little note here saying that I have seen Flop play this build first-hand and it's insane! All the spells go off and annihilate the surrounding mobs quite impressively. He's a cool guy and will definitely answer any questions people have about the guide. Nice build, Flop!
Thanks! Glad you like it
would this work with berserker since scold's will trigger the 100% damage leeched as life?
"
would this work with berserker since scold's will trigger the 100% damage leeched as life?

It sure would saw a guy running a beserker version as well. Ill look into the ascendancy
Awesome layout on the build. Very informative. Easy to follow.
Videos pleasee

Edit: Nevermind got it
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 8, 2017, 3:33:15 PM
"
Videos pleasee

Edit: Nevermind got it

Glad you found them! More on the way in the coming days
I'm thinking about trying out a physical attack version of this. For example equip a Marohi and run sunder, earthquake, etc. instead of elemental spells. Do you think this would work? And if so do you think it would be worth trying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info