[2.5.0] Taming Scorching Ray CWC Firestorm Shaper Dead

Hello!
This build is a Scorching Ray Cast While Channeling Firestorm Build with a few Cast When Damage Taken setups to stack ignites through Emberwake to make Firestorm and Fire Burst do good damage and better ignites.

Tree lvl 90

Tree Explanation
Spoiler
There are two notable nodes we want: Vaal Pact and Elemental overload. Vaal Pact gives instant leech which our ascendancy makes great use of by providing up to 100% leech. Elemental Overload gives a pretty much permanent 40% more elemental damage which double dips our ignites. We also want ignite and ignite duration which is best acquired through jewels which can have 3% ignite chance and 5% ignite duration. Last but certainly not least we want as much life as possible. This is also great for jewels since they can roll up to 7%. Hopefully you end up around 6k which allows you to dance through content, sometimes literally. Last we grab dual curse to make use of Blasphemy with Elemental Weakness and Flammability to give some ignite chance and minus resistances. Resistance also double dips as it affects the original hit and then the burn damage.

Gear, Links and Explanation
Spoiler

Braheem was kind enough to test whether different CWDT setups with firestorm would proc, and according to Braheem it does not. I have not tested and have liquidated the character, but an easy solution is to change the Firestorms to other fire spells or, if you have added fire damage to spells somewhere, use high frequency hit spells like Ball Lightning, Blade Vortex and Blade Fall.

Helm

We want the area of effect Firestorm enchant as this will make each Firestorm hit more.
We also want the Essence of Hysteria mod for our links to give them 50% additional chance to ignite. There is then two different ways to link. For single target damage use two different links that each have a level 1 Cast When Damage Taken and level 8 Firestorm. For clear speed you can go Cast When Damage Taken with Firestorm and Blade Vortex with Increased Area of Effect. This however requires a source of fire spell damage for Blade Vortex and allows you to leap slam through maps.

Body Armor

Cloak of Flame gives chance to ignite, ignite duration and protection against physical attacks. Link Scorching Ray to Cast While Channeling, Firestorm, Chance to Ignite, Controlled Destruction and either Increased Area of Effect for clear speed or Concentrated Effect for single target damage.

Main Hand

Doryani's Catalyst gives a good amount of elemental damage which helps a lot before you get ignite stacks up. It also has good attack speed for Leap Slam. Link Blasphemy to Flammability and Elemental Weakness.

Off Hand

Use an Opal Scepter with Essence of Hysteria craft to get Flame Burst. Other desirable mods are Adds x-y Fire Damage to Spells, increased Fire Damage and Spell Damage. Use Controlled Destruction, Chance to Ignite and either Increased Area of Effect for clear speed or Concentrated Effect for single target boost.

Amulet

Eye of Innocence allows us to use Cast When Damage Taken setups to proc spells to stack ignites faster and proc Fire Burst.

Ring 1

Emberwake allows ignites to stack, basically turning it into a slower poison that lasts longer. Look for higher Fire Damage to clear faster.

Ring 2

The Taming grants 10% increased damage per ignite on enemy. This item makes this build one of the theoretically highest DPS builds possible, if anything survived long enough and did not move xD

Gloves

Ideally you want Essence of Insanity gloves with high life, attack speed and as much resistances as possible.

Boots

Here you want as much life as possible with as much resistance as possible. Desirable lab enchants are lightning damage if you haven't killed recently for single target and attack and cast speed if you have for clear speed.

Belt

As much life and resistances as possible.

Jewels

7% life, 3% chance to ignite and 5% ignite duration are important. If you can get resistances, attack speed, fire damage, area damage or block chance while dual wielding that's also very useful but life and ignite is the most important. Some intelligence is needed somewhere and getting it on jewels seems like the best option.

Flasks

Nothing super important besides bleed and freeze removal and prevention. Granite is better than Jade for otherwise one shot physical damage and a Ruby Flask can replace Dying Sun.

Videos
Last edited by TimedMan on Jan 17, 2017, 10:12:29 AM
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2017, 2:32:55 AM
Is it hc viable
"
VHBegh wrote:
Is it hc viable

Probably not because of how much lag it causes.
pretty sure that stacking firestorms in multiple sets of cwdt setups doesn't work.

I verified that it doesn't work by setting up two sets of 4-links:

CWDT - curse on hit - firestorm - elemental weakness

CWDT - curse on hit - firestorm - flammability

the setup with flammability never proc'd. I put blade fall in there instead, and I finally got both curses applying to enemies.
This tree has a lot of jewel slots - could you replace the jewels you recommended with Grand Spectrums?
can u post any tooltip ? xD
"
braheem wrote:
pretty sure that stacking firestorms in multiple sets of cwdt setups doesn't work.

I verified that it doesn't work by setting up two sets of 4-links:

CWDT - curse on hit - firestorm - elemental weakness

CWDT - curse on hit - firestorm - flammability

the setup with flammability never proc'd. I put blade fall in there instead, and I finally got both curses applying to enemies.

Thanks, did not know or notice this. Maybe using different levels would work? Dismantled character so can't test. I guess it would be best to replace other setups with other spells. I tested a version with Consuming Darks and had to use a level lower firestorm in them, with wither instead of Scorching Ray.
"
Chunologist wrote:
This tree has a lot of jewel slots - could you replace the jewels you recommended with Grand Spectrums?

No, since you need the chance to ignite since most damage comes from taming and the actual ignite damage.
"
linhdeptrai94 wrote:
can u post any tooltip ? xD

Taming does not show up in tooltip. Suffice to say that nothing in the game survives long enough to get to top dps.
Empower gives less damage than other alternatives?
THANK YOU BASED GOD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info