Mathil build list v2

"
Also doing the mortem morsu ST and mana was not too much of a problem. Make sure you take Soul Raker so you can have 0.8% mana leech. Also I luckily had a 0.3% mana leech on my gloves so that pretty much solved all my mana problems for now.

Spoiler

Right now I am at a loss at which aura to use, currently deciding between grace,arctic armour, vulnerability, and proj. weakness, idk which auras I should use atm so I currently am rotating between these auras on each map I go to know which feels better. Obviously I'll be dropping vulnerability once I get my hands on a witchfire :)

To throw a cat among the pigeons with your problem, Blasphemy Temp. Chains (increased poison duration) or Enfeeble are also kinda viable/situationally useful. 20/20 proj. weakness is probably more damage (certainly on trash and temp chains is just scaling poison), but slowed enemies isn't without its benefits.

Can easily switch in depending on what a map rolls to reduce how rip-y the map is.

I think grace is a bit expensive for the returns personally, although if you can sustain 100% up time on witchfire, those returns do improve a great deal!

As for mana, maybe I was just spoilt last league, and well this league too considering I got a 54% mana regen on my raider's dagger (other build, see spoiler).
Spoiler

Not sure on my power issues, mostly feels fine (although i do have elreon ring still), just actual regen feels sluggish

Random question, does Master of the Arena not increase the projectile hitbox by 1? Are the hitbox values for ST just hard coded in at 4 and 5 for 1h vs 2h respectively?
Seems odd that the hitbox is stated as being 50% of weapon range rounded down, yet from what I can find on search results, it doesn't benefit spectral throw?
"
Xanoth wrote:
"
Valécon wrote:

Current Char is "ValekonSpectralThrowMM" Level 58 currently, have Gloves in inventory for Level 59 to overcap all Resistances in Merc. Now what i want to ask, that gear with the Gloves at Level 59 is pretty much "perfect" but i dont want that Amulet anymore (even tho its godlike for spectral throw) and that 1 Ring which is my Mana Sustain pretty much. What can i do ? I dont need any Resistances anymore, only if i replace the ring but that should be no problem.

You can craft elreon rings, but it's pot luck/costly to get desired results.

I'll be replacing mine but for an aug, a regal and a craft you could certainly get better results than I did (I needed the int so had to craft it on, over leveled some gems).

At 60, craft a divine mana flask for now, with more points/levels mana becomes less of an issue and if you've got the claw nodes, reduced charges used or charges on crit are useful, I'm using this for now:

at 69 I still feel mana is a big enough issue that I don't want to drop the mana flask, and that's with a mana regen neck.

I know these aren't great answers, but I'm still on a 5 link and mana is an issue, never mind 6 link.

Other issue I have, is my Raider this league has the 40% spectral throw enchant on helm, and I just don't know if this character is still worth pushing or if I can excuse a Devoto's Devotion instead of a rare helm... (puts more strain on other items to get the resists/accuracy/damage.
Spoiler
current gear:

Possible items to steal from other character:

Okey, i honestly don't think Elreon Jewelry would help that much considering -8 from 30 is 24 and is still a lot, but i have absolutely no problem with staying on

I have capped out resistances. I don't see any point in switching it out!

Other problem i have now is
this. What can i switch out for that? A Rare Amulet or any Unique one you can recommend? And what stat priorities on rare amy.:) Thanks for all the responses by the way
"
Valécon wrote:
this. What can i switch out for that? A Rare Amulet or any Unique one you can recommend? And what stat priorities on rare amy.:) Thanks for all the responses by the way

Yeah, I didn't like having to replace that, but I only did so for resists.

Consider trying to make up the Str/Int you need for gems on your Amulet, you'll need 111 int for your added chaos gem at 20. I've accidently overleveled wither, probably best to stop at 12 unless your int goes higher by stray int mods on gear/jewels.

Beyond that, try to keep a prefix free and craft added chaos damage onto the amulet. Other prefixes you want are ofc life. added phys is nice, as is % evasion, any other prefix is fluff I guess.

If you need no resists, that leaves suffixes free for both crit chance and multi, accuracy (if you're not over 90% hit rate), mana regen if you feel lacking.

Priorities would greatly depend on what else you have on other items, but you can't go wrong with life, crit multi and added chaos damage.

I'm currently using this, but the ES is a waste

Trying to gear on a budget for now until I'm certain I want to invest in this.
"
Xanoth wrote:
"
Valécon wrote:

Yeah, I didn't like having to replace that, but I only did so for resists.

Consider trying to make up the Str/Int you need for gems on your Amulet, you'll need 111 int for your added chaos gem at 20. I've accidently overleveled wither, probably best to stop at 12 unless your int goes higher by stray int mods on gear/jewels.

Beyond that, try to keep a prefix free and craft added chaos damage onto the amulet. Other prefixes you want are ofc life. added phys is nice, as is % evasion, any other prefix is fluff I guess.

If you need no resists, that leaves suffixes free for both crit chance and multi, accuracy (if you're not over 90% hit rate), mana regen if you feel lacking.

Priorities would greatly depend on what else you have on other items, but you can't go wrong with life, crit multi and added chaos damage.

I'm currently using this, but the ES is a waste

Trying to gear on a budget for now until I'm certain I want to invest in this.

I'm capped out on resists without Amulet, so i got this Beauty
33 Chaos worth it :D But i guess ill be sitting on Thief's Torment forever since i dont know how to handle my Mana. Guess im pretty braindead inside
"
Xanoth wrote:
"
Also doing the mortem morsu ST and mana was not too much of a problem. Make sure you take Soul Raker so you can have 0.8% mana leech. Also I luckily had a 0.3% mana leech on my gloves so that pretty much solved all my mana problems for now.

Spoiler

Right now I am at a loss at which aura to use, currently deciding between grace,arctic armour, vulnerability, and proj. weakness, idk which auras I should use atm so I currently am rotating between these auras on each map I go to know which feels better. Obviously I'll be dropping vulnerability once I get my hands on a witchfire :)

To throw a cat among the pigeons with your problem, Blasphemy Temp. Chains (increased poison duration) or Enfeeble are also kinda viable/situationally useful. 20/20 proj. weakness is probably more damage (certainly on trash and temp chains is just scaling poison), but slowed enemies isn't without its benefits.

Can easily switch in depending on what a map rolls to reduce how rip-y the map is.

I think grace is a bit expensive for the returns personally, although if you can sustain 100% up time on witchfire, those returns do improve a great deal!

As for mana, maybe I was just spoilt last league, and well this league too considering I got a 54% mana regen on my raider's dagger (other build, see spoiler).
Spoiler

Not sure on my power issues, mostly feels fine (although i do have elreon ring still), just actual regen feels sluggish

Random question, does Master of the Arena not increase the projectile hitbox by 1? Are the hitbox values for ST just hard coded in at 4 and 5 for 1h vs 2h respectively?
Seems odd that the hitbox is stated as being 50% of weapon range rounded down, yet from what I can find on search results, it doesn't benefit spectral throw?

Yeah I also was thinking about temp chains but the fact that I have to be close to a boss so the effects last (assuming that the blasphemy curse is removed when out of range) so I'd rather be putting out short-lasting but high-hitting poisons for hit and run strats. Right now, I'm currently using Assassin's Mark and Arctic Armour and it feels better overall, now I've freed up my helmet for another 4L, might go for a vaal skill setup which I have no idea yet atm. Grace was 100% better defense-wise but sadly, I'd have to reserve 85% of my mana which leaves me less room for spamming, but now I got
Spoiler

My overall survivability greatly increased due to the atziri flask's chaos damage leech and with witchfire and a jade flask up, I'd peak around 18k evasion with my current gear.

Gear update:
Spoiler

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Master of the Arena increases the hitbox of the projectiles since it increases the range at which YOU can attack with the weapon and does not increase the weapon range itself. I'm no vet at the game, started around a month ago but I did do some extensive reading on the wiki on the game mechanics and skill interactions. I find the wordings of some skills and passives to be a bit awkward though I'm already used to it now.

Oh and quick edit: Once I get the merc lab ascendancy points, I'll be dropping ass mark for proj. weakness :p
Last edited by superseyan on Mar 20, 2017, 7:34:16 PM
New to this game been trying to follow his Tornado Assassin Build but I don't understand his gem setup for his gear due to it not really being posted or anything. A little Advice would go a long way, Struggling. This game is quite overwhelming for a newbie.
To anyone who can answer me, i'm doing the mortem morsu builds, level 77 atm but my total life feel VERY underwhelming, i'm with only 4.2k HP, and while clearing mobs and easier bosses is very confortable, doing some harder ones and even merc lab is a pain since i get headshot sometimes. Any tips in what i can do to improve my health? Don't think i can get more with nodes or equips.
hi, i am very New to the game and just wondering if it is possible to do You're frost blade build in hc? :) if not could you give me some guidlines on how to make it hc viable?
Would really appreciate all the help i can get :)
what about the jewels? what should we use?
"
Openkill wrote:
To anyone who can answer me, i'm doing the mortem morsu builds, level 77 atm but my total life feel VERY underwhelming, i'm with only 4.2k HP, and while clearing mobs and easier bosses is very confortable, doing some harder ones and even merc lab is a pain since i get headshot sometimes. Any tips in what i can do to improve my health? Don't think i can get more with nodes or equips.

I only have 3.8k life but I feel safe so far, what kind of defenses are you investing in? Mind posting your gear? I currently am going full evasion with some phys. reduction in case I get hit, I have around 20k evasion once I pop my jade and stibnite flask. Make sure you dodge the attacks with whirling blades (high aspd due to dual claw and bonus aspd from each mortem morsu), this build is overall squishy and can't take hits very well because it does not have a lot of armor so I'd suggest that you go for at least one defensive aura: enfeeble,temp chains,arctic armour,grace. I'm personally using assassin's mark and arctic armour right now since I have no way of generating power charges without unstable infusion yet and arctic armour helps a lot with mitigation.

ALSO, make sure you link fortify with whirling blades as this will help A LOT and make sure you have capped resistances when entering merc lab.

Spoiler
Arctic armour: 8-13% LESS physical damage taken when hit
Fortify: reduces incoming damage from hits by 20%

A lot of mitigation for such a low investment in sockets. I myself haven't completed the merc lab yet as I have not completed the trials, will have to try later and see how it turns out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info