[2.5] How to level to 68 (RF chieftain build)

I tried this with my RF chieftain and it worked pretty well, Try leveling a marauder to lvl ~68 with a tree like this one:

poeurl.com/Y0g

-Use any skill until you can get flame totem in breaking eggs
-Get scorching ray as soon as you can and put it on a part of you equipment, you will not use it now.
-As soon as you have fire storm and searing bond stop using flame totem and use those 2 skill instead
-Get a +1 to fire gems sceptre 3l (blue sceptre+ruby ring+alteration orb)
-Socket Fire storm+searing bond+fire pen in your +1 sceptre
-Buy a aurumvorax for 1~2chaos orbs, it will help you cap res(probably have some chaos by this point)
-Grab vitality and purity of fire along the way and put it on your gear for leveling
-When you get to act 4 grab stone golem and use it, its pretty good
-get the gem cast while channeling
-Put the scorching ray gem you were leveling with cast while channeling and firestorm in your +1 sceptre, it will greately increase your DPS by a fuck ton
-If you manage to get a 4l piece of gear link SC+CwC+Firestorm+Fire pen.

Like that you will get to lvl ~58 in no time, by that time you will probably be in merciless lake, and your next objective are the following:

-Buy rings, amulet, boots, gloves, helmet and body armour with STR, life, and resistances enough to cap your resistances without your auruvorax. (probably about 10-15c for good gear)
-Buy a rise of the phoenix with good rolls (1-3c depending on your luck)

You will get all the currency you need by running dried lake, if you are very lucky and manage to get enough currency you can buy a doon cuebiyari for about 25c but don't worry, a yellow sceptre with good elemental roll and fire damage if possible is good enough to start. After that you can use vitality, purity of fire (lvl 17), and the stone golem.

You will be able to sustain RF.

If you can't sustain RF try leveling up a bit more and allocate more life regen nodes.
Last edited by rigzaggon on Jan 5, 2017, 11:34:25 AM
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2017, 11:27:22 AM
These are the items I used when I switched from Firestorm+CwC+Scorching ray+ fire pen.
Spoiler

As you can see it wasn't GG gear and yet I could achieve an average of 66% dmg reduction and about 7.5k HP

My character ripped because my FPS died in the middle of a shock breach in a -40% armour map

This is the guide I used for my build:

-https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1729087

I didn't follow the steps in the guide 1:1 and made some tweaks in the tree and in the gem links.

Also this guide works pretty well if you want to level other characters but take in consideration that it worked for me since I had a lot of HP, I don't recommend this guide for witches, shadows, or rangers since the SC+CwC+FS restrain you from moving and dodging strong attacks.

Last edited by rigzaggon on Jan 5, 2017, 11:47:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info