[3.0] GunFinX's Summon Raging Spirits Magic Finder | MF | Mapping | Atziri

Previously located at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1197738

Hi, The name's GunFinX!

The below is the first build that I have submitted to the forums. This build is a Summon Raging Spirits Magic Finder.

NOTE: Just so there is no confusion Witch is the recommended choice for this build as the Witch Ascendancy results in higher DPS than scion.

3.0 Update
From the 3.0 patch notes: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930316
Build was nerfed slightly... Not a big deal SRS will still be fine just take a little longer to kill some bosses - note that the hp of bosses was also increased
*All minions other than Raging Spirits deal more damage at lower levels.
This damage bonus levels out to no change at minion level 70 for minions other than Raised Zombies and Summoned Skeletons.
(Minion level is based on the level requirement of their gem).
*Summoned Raging Spirits now deal approximately 15% less damage at all levels.
*Raised Zombies have had their damage increased, up to 45% more damage at level 20 than previously.

*The Necromancer's Commander of Darkness skill now grants 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies per aura (down from 5%),
and 30% increased Damage for you and Allies affected by your Auras (instead of 10% increased Damage for you and Allies per aura).

*CI was nerfed heavily: most notably the energy shield nodes behind the CI notable were removed and ES gear max rolls were reduced.

Regarding Path Of Building:
Spoiler
For those of you using Path of building you can import my SRS character's.
CI Version: GunFinXSRSII
Life Version: GunFinXSCSRS this is using legacy rings/and amulet - swap rings for Greed's Embrace and the amulet for bisco's(will need some dexterity on another piece of gear/tree though)

Videos(old)

Ascendancy class discussion:
For Scion:
We want to get the Necromancer class node, and Guardian.

For Witch: Necromancer
Spoiler

For tankier minions:
1) Mistress of Sacrifice
2) Spirit eater
3) Flesh Binder
4) Soul Weaver/Commander Of Darkness

For balanced defense/offense:
1) Mistress of Sacrifice
2) Spirit eater
3) Commander Of Darkness
4) Beacon of Corruption

Passive Tree
Life:
Witch
http://poeurl.com/bq2z
Scion
http://poeurl.com/bq2C

CI/ES
Witch:
Lvl88: Use the life tree for leveling than respec all life nodes to ES nodes.
http://poeurl.com/bxG9
Scion:
Lvl86: I don't recommend Scion however if you really feel like it...
http://poeurl.com/bq2I

Jewels
Stat Priority(in order) Minion Damage, cast speed, %Max HP(if lifed based)/ES(if CI), AllRes
e.g:

Note: *Can use an Energy from Within Jewel in jewel slot near melding notable to convert life to ES.

Skill/Aura Gem Links
In 2.5 Haste Aura is recommended instead of Anger as Spell Echo was removed. HOWEVER if you can get enough cast speed on tree and/or jewels use Anger instead for total INSANE overkill pdps(bosses are melting on T15 without Anger).

2L: Proc EE

4L: For meat shield/clearspeed I use Flame Sentinels(level 68 can be summoned from Eternal Lab with desecrate)
Raise Spectre->Fork->Knockback->Raise Zombie

4L: FleshOffering(lvl21/20)->Vaal Haste/IncDur->(Blood Magic->Clarity) DO NOT USE Blood magic if CI

3L+1L: Hatred(lvl21/20)->Generosity(lvl21/) Desecrate + Haste(should not be linked to Generosity)

4L: CastWhenDamageTaken(lvl10)->MoltenShell(lvl15)->ImmortalCall(lvl12)->ElementalWeakness/Bone Offering

Mapping 6L +2/+3:

SRS->MinionDamage->MeleePhysDmg->Empower(lvl3/4)->MeleeSplash->AddedFire/IIR->FasterAttacks/Multistrike/IIQ
Bosses 6L +2/+3 Fire Single Target :
SRS->MinionDamage->MeleePhysDmg->AddedFire->Empower(lvl3/4)->FasterAttacks->Multistrike

With Patch 2.5 Spell Echo is no longer necessary get cast speed on tree or jewels instead.
I Don't recommend using Multistrike anymore the DPS/Mana cast cost is abysmal. Multistrike increases DPS slightly more than Faster Attacks or culling, but not enough I feel to justify using it.

Gear 2.5
Spoiler

Breach League current gear... Its basically all self found so far just been running red maps upto T15 to get currency for MF.

Standard League Gear:
Spoiler

This time around one of the Andvarius rings has been replaced with a Rarity/Quantity ring, this gives us +20 Elemental Resistance. In a new league use Ventor's Gamble rings as they have resistances and a life roll with iir and iiq...

The Grip of the council gloves is a nice addition in Patch 2.3 which increases the PDPS of the build even more: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Grip_of_the_Council the only downside is there is no Rarity/Quantity on these gloves. The Grip of the council is a drop in the Pale Court Map.

Damage/Deeps/DPS How can this build increase damage?
Spoiler

1. Elemental Weakness
Reduces elemental resistances of monsters! Self cast of course.

2. Anger Gem
Doubles the peak dps thats insane! So if 200k peak dps results in 400k peak dps.

3. Minion Damage Jewels
Such as Army of bones or an equivalent or better jewel with +Minion Dmg apparently upto 14% Minion Damage can be rolled on jewels!.
3 of +14% Minion Dmg jewels gives an extra 100k peak dps.
5.Generosity linked with Hatred &/or Anger

Levelling 2.6
Spoiler

In 2.1+ leveling is now possible using Summon Raging Spirits. What I recommend doing is getting a 6L Tabula Rasa (corrupted are like 20c) and some elreon reduced mana cost jewellry. Then link SRS with Melee Splash, Culling strike, faster casting, and minion damage. Then when you are lvl38 use spell echo instead of faster casting, and multistrike instead of culling.

Spark:
Alternatively level as Spark, grabbing some spell, lightning, cold damage, and elemental nodes near Witch start. Then when you reach Act2 normal grab Herald of Ice, and Lightning for a significant DPS boost. Spark in Perandus is likely faster to level with as the damage wont drop off until around Act4 Merciless(provided you pick up improved weapons (sceptres) as you find them).
For gems Link:
Spark with Spell Echo->LightningPenetration->Added Chaos/Cold/Lightning. If you can get a +1 sceptre at the start do so as it will help you level faster.

In terms of what passives to pick up first...

In Normal it doesn't matter whether you die(unless you are in hardcore), so stack as much damage as you can.

When in cruel start grabbing some defences(elemental resistances), health, and or energy shield.

When in merciless focus entirely on defences make sure your resistances are capped, and if you are dieing occasionly grab some life nodes, and use the Belly of the beast instead of Tabula Rasa, as you can always unspec out of these later(chaos res doesnt need to be capped.

Bandits 3.0
Kill All +2 points

Atziri
This build can do Normal Atziri with Good Health and Resistance gear(Capped resistances + Purity Fire lvl20 for that extra Max Fire Res).

However I would not recommend running Normal Atziri before lvl87 just to be safe.

Feedback/Questions Etc:
Any questions/Feedback(such as optimisations to the build) leave them below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I would also be very interested in seeing how people are using this build and the gear being used so feel free to leave your gear etc below :)

Old Updates
Spoiler

2.6 Update
Spoiler
*No changes except some Zombie nodes(can pick up 1 more zombie for 2 passives if so inclined)...
*Added CI Passive Tree

2.5 Update
Spoiler
* Max SRS is Now 20. Spell Echo is now unnecessary(Pledge of hands is no longer recommended over a +2/3 fire staff).
* In 2.5 Recommend using Haste Aura instead of Anger for the cast speed and mobility. There was no DPS loss only a buff to single target which now feels even more amazing... With Spell Echo removed its basically like we have a 7th link+, but AOE feels a bit worse. Doing T15 maps on a 5L! Trash mobs get one or two shot and the boss melts! Haven't tried guardians or shaper yet as my gear is suboptimal.
* Cast Speed is now one of the best stats you can pick up get as much as you can on Jewels, but don't forget the minion damage!
* Have been testing orb of storms to proc EE as well as Curse on Hit Elemental Weakness or a Defensive curse like Temp Chains or Enfeeble. Feels great on bosses maybe the better choice instead of proccing with Arc Totem since trash mobs are basically one shot on hardest content with suboptimal gear even without EE.

2.4 Atlas of Worlds Update:
Spoiler

Summary of changes:

1) Melee Splash was buffed deals 5% more damage to other targets at level 20(compared with patch 2.3).
"Melee Splash now only has 35% Less Damage to Other Targets at level 1 (down from 50% Less). It now has 26% less at level 20 (from 31%). This is a buff." from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228 -2.4 patch notes
2) Bone Helm- New helm with 31-40% Base Minion Damage
Very nice helm - also an AR/ES base :)
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bone_Helmet

2.3 Prophecy Update
Spoiler

+Grip of the council gloves introduced, a noticeable buff to PDPS! Can be obtained from the Pale Court Map as an item drop.

The build gets a slight buff with the extra two points from the endgame Labyrinth(for a total of 8 Ascendancy points).

The Necromancer ascendancy class is the best choice for Witch and Scion. The extra 2 points for Scion allows selecting the Guardian class for extra block, removal of all status ailments and curses every 10 seconds and also some increased attack and cast speed for you and your minions(we always have auras affecting minions).

The witch continues to choose Mistress of Sacrifice, and Spirit eater. The last 4 Ascendancy points are somewhat debatable, however Flesh Binder, and Soul Weaver are the likely choices as the build appreciates the extra physical damage reduction, as well as the increased damage and life of Spectres for dealing damage and as meat shields.

The Spirit Offering gem is a nice addition to the game. We will not see considerable benefit from using it in this Life Based Mana build -- we continue to use Flesh and Bone Offering.

Necromancer Spirit Eater, and commander of darkness were both buffed significantly.

Spirit Eater:
2.4:
+30% Increased minion Damage
+Desecrate creates 2 additional Corpses
+2% attack and cast speed to you and minions if you've consumed a corpse recently
+40% increased damage to you and minions if you've consumed a corpse recently

2.2:
+40% increased damage to you and minions if you've consumed a corpse recently

Commander Of Darkness:
2.4:
Auras you cast grant 10% damage to you and allies
Auras you cast grant 5% attack and cast speed to you and allies
+20% All Elemental Resistance to you and your minions affected by your auras

2.2:
Auras you cast grant 6% damage to you and allies
Auras you cast grant 2% attack and cast speed to you and allies

Commander of Darkness is a solid choice if you are low on Elemental Resistances or if you are resistance capped, yet not overcapped(Elemental Weakness curse capped).

Last edited by GunFinX on Sep 10, 2017, 11:18:22 AM
Last bumped on Sep 12, 2017, 9:39:23 AM
Heyhey. Got a quick question about the Commander of Darkness ascendancy. What do you do about generosity if you pick this up? Wouldn't you not be receiving any of the bonuses (if running Hatred and Anger) and only 1 if running haste?
"
Broviet1 wrote:
Heyhey. Got a quick question about the Commander of Darkness ascendancy. What do you do about generosity if you pick this up? Wouldn't you not be receiving any of the bonuses (if running Hatred and Anger) and only 1 if running haste?

The bonus applies for all your auras including clarity, vaal haste etc. Only Auras linked to Generosity won't get the bonus.
hello ,
i enjoyed your build so far i can run tier 10 map kinda easily but i have to play it safe my only suffering when i lose zombies , i die instantly like 1 - 2 hit from Unique Boss i feel like defenseless here is my gear ( 1st time reply on forums ) i hope u can help me out with gems if i am missing anything

and am using 6 jewels inc minion damage (14-16 ) and Cast speed
"
Zezo2010 wrote:
hello ,
i enjoyed your build so far i can run tier 10 map kinda easily but i have to play it safe my only suffering when i lose zombies , i die instantly like 1 - 2 hit from Unique Boss i feel like defenseless here is my gear ( 1st time reply on forums ) i hope u can help me out with gems if i am missing anything

Gear looks alright - boots could be better though. What about flasks? Are your resistances capped?

What map/boss? If it's physical damage use a Granite Flask/Rumi's. Depending on your gear you may need to kite the boss. Cast a few SRS then move away when the boss comes near ad infinitum until boss is dead.
"
GunFinX wrote:
"
Zezo2010 wrote:
hello ,

Gear looks alright - boots could be better though. What about flasks? Are your resistances capped?

What map/boss? If it's physical damage use a Granite Flask/Rumi's. Depending on your gear you may need to kite the boss. Cast a few SRS then move away when the boss comes near ad infinitum until boss is dead.

Thanks For Replying

my resistances is capped ( Fire 75%(146)- Cold 75%(99) - lightning 75(130)- Chaos 7% )

that's what am using atm if there is better one can you tell the name

About the maps i died Tier 12 at last Boss when she shoot light laser aimed at u while moving the only way to dodge that was stand behind a wall or go into the pool learned that the hard way xD

and tried to do atziri queen died at last boss because of lacking mobility ( movement speed kinda slow and flame dash range is short .

for defense setup am not using molten shell & immortal call am trying to use but if i had to use them i will lose 1 gem (flame dash for mobility ) and it will be hard to move around boss fight without it

the only way for me to fix that get belly of the beast 6 socket (4 link - 2 link (Arc-spell totem support ) ) and gloves (3 link (molten shell - immortal call - CWTD ) - flame dash ) and get 1 socket ring (Val haste ) dunno if i should do that

one last thing xD ,
almost get my Empower gem what should i use instaid of the other gems SRS , minion damage , melee splash , melee damage , item rarity , Spell Echo (help me with cast speed alot since i don't have much cast speed )

that's my jewelry
Mobility is important for Atziri use Haste Aura instead of Anger but don't link it with Generosity. That's why I recommend getting some boots with 30% movement speed and/or labyrinth movement speed enchant.

Don't use Inc Rarity Support gem for Atziri she has a loot table for only dropping certain things.

When Atziri splits into four you should be in a corner casting SRS so that the SRS AI makes them only attack one clone.

The Vaal bosses in Atziri map will be easy, the trio can be a bit more difficult which is why Vaal Skeletons is really good keeps them distracted just keep casting SRS with Vaal Haste up they should die really quickly

There is a Silver flask which gives onslaught(20% cast/attack/movement speed) might be a better option than Quicksilver in some cases try it out.

Spell Echo isn't optimal anymore because it's so easy to reach 20 SRS without it - but I can understand wanting to use it. I would suggest trying Haste Aura instead of Anger then you can drop Spell Echo and use a damage support gem instead of Spell Echo - up to you of course.

You will need more mana regeneration if dropping Spell Echo something to keep in mind - if you decide to drop it.

Use Added Fire support gem for now until Empower levels up to 3.

Get some +life on gear missing it

Would Skin of the loyal be able to replace a +2 fire staff?
"
H_Espenhein wrote:
Would Skin of the loyal be able to replace a +2 fire staff?

The SRS benefit a lot from +Gem levels - for leveling it would be fine but for high end mapping probably not. It would be alright for a Chaos Envy SRS build though.
Thanks Very Much .
dropped spell echo and used haste & fire damage really nice clear speed and damage .

should i try to get CWTD/MoltenShell/immortal call

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info