[2.6] /The Imploder\ CI-LL CoC Fire Vortex Endgame build TOP DPS 1s Minotaur-Hydra (STD)

Hi everyone,

Up until 2.5 came I was playing CoC discharge life based with dual VB but generating 9 power charges twice per second on a single target became too hard so I had to make some changes.
Slowly adjusting and improving what I came up with every week I feel it is now in a state where I can share it with you.

This is a Cyclone cast on critical strike Vortex build with 100% cold to fire and 10x Grand Spectrum Jewels for crazy damage.
This is not a cheap/leveling build, but I detail more affordable options.

3mns Maze of the Minotaur map run (Original version)
Guardian of the Chimera & The Shaper Kills (v2)
Guardian of the Phoenix + Hydra 1s Kill (v3 - Low Life)

Jewels
x10 (500% increased elemental damage -spell & burning-)

Use 4% if you can't afford (400%)
Other options are a bunch of these
multiplier nodes - snowforged - burning damage etc...

Bandit Rewards
10% Resistance/Passive point
Passive point
Power Charge

Offence (7 P Charges)

+714% burning damage (Increased Elemental damage) making ignites very lethal

Defence

The original v1 gear, gem setup and details

Explanation

With the blasphemy setup into +1 lvl gloves Temp chains base effect is 57% slower, we need +31.5% curse effect to get it to the 75% slower cap which is provided by the blasphemy gem and the helm enchant.
This is one of the main defensive and very important aspects of the build, it is very efficient against regular mobs, and decently effective against bosses (60% less effect = 30% slower)
Moreover it provides longer ignites on bosses. Elemental weakness is used to reduce resistances (-53% +10% =-58%) and we need lightning damage on our attacks (can be on the ring or gloves) to trigger the elemental equilibrium (-50% for a total of -108% against mobs -73% against bosses)
Hinekora's Sight amulet is used to get a decent amount of accuracy if you lack it on rings/gloves/helmet, the +1 curse is a luxury allowing us to save 4 points in the tree same as the +1 level on the chest (for empower lvl 5), you can use fire penetration or rapid decay instead.
Use Eye of Chayula, Valyrium or Kiara's Determination if you can't afford Skyforth

Jaws of agony in secondary slot is used to build up power charges by throwing traps.

The essential parts are :

- Doryani's Catalyst for the elemental damage and leech (you can dual wield them for more dmg at the expense of a lot of ES + Block)
- Pyre for the cold to fire conversion (3 dragons possible at the expense of a lot of ES if necessary)
- Hinekora's Sight for the accuracy
- Added Lightning on attacks
- Temporal chains effect enchantment on helmet (you can get curse effect nodes instead if too hard to get)
- Leech enchantment on boots

Flasks

Pros & Cons

Good clearspeed
Very high damage
Can work with cheap gear
Very safe up until t16s
Intuitive & pleasant to play

Expensive when maxed
Cannot do Elem Reflect mod
Vulnerable to elem reflect rares (not os in solo though)
DPS highly reduced against ignite immune Bosses (Atziri & Guardian of the Phoenix) and on 90% chance to avoid status ailment map mod
Safety compromised on hexproof and curse affecting mods
Not leech based, have to dodge T16+ mechanics [Low life version can somewhat tank now]

10/01 Update - v2 of the build

The new skill tree
(11th Grand Spectrum added)
Less strength needed, no accuracy needed.

08/02 Update - v3 LL version of the build

Here are the changes in the gear and gem setups

I had to get a better helmet since going LL makes you lose like 2k ES on this build, the shield is next. The new gloves have higher resistances and Dexterity allowing the reservation of Grace (and the use of Vaal Grace/Haste if you want)

The new tree
More ES nodes, 1 less Grand Spectrum

And the new stats

Overall a small loss in Vortex hit damage (vs +1 ES chest, otherwise it's a small gain) but more ignite damage, 8.3k ES (v2) > 7.7k LL
30% evasion chance vs insubstantial amount previously and the possibility to use Righteous Fire (for 3s Minotaur/Hydra kills)

16/03 Update - v4

Here's what may be the final and most powerful version of all, Super Saiy...Vortex 4 :D
The idea of this change is replacing empower/less duration with increased critical strikes, because after the dagger implicit nerf, the vortex crit chance was left at around 45% which is bad.
So balancing the tree around this change, we can now use 13 Grand Spectrums, surpassing the previous flat damage and adding another 250+% burning damage.

The new tree

I replaced vaal discipline with vaal grace, and replaced my non essential gear to fit the use of the new Wise Oak Flask, with fire resistance being the highest, and lower cold = to lightning resistances.

v3 stats

v4 stats

This allows with the use of Righteous Fire of consistent 1s kills of Hydra, Minotaur and Shaper phase 3, probably the best dps in the game till they change double dipping in 3-4 months.

With RF

Note that this build is now mostly good only for standard since pyre drops with 40% conversion only. Take into account too that I'm achieving 8k ES through very high end shield + helmet, and that if you can't afford ones with values that high you'll have to sacrifice some dps to get more ES nodes.
Not playing anymore - Support and replies on my build thread are discontinued
Last edited by Xanvast on Mar 18, 2017, 11:56:36 AM
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 3:51:07 PM
Nice build bro,

Maybe i'll try it !!

Thanks helios !
The video is now fully processed and available in 2880p quality.
edit: Nevermind
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 5, 2017, 10:08:47 PM
I am pretty sure map bosses aren't 45% slower.
A new combo that works really well with the build :

Using Vaal Discipline + EEq + Shock it is a one shot on Hydra and Minotaur Guardians. It can probably be used on phases 2 & 3 of the Shaper but may be risky :)
hello, is this build viable without skyforth?

playing on league and skyforth is to expensive, but your build is relly interesting and i want to give it a try :)
Yes it is if you can use one of the other solutions for stuns like valyrium or eye of chayula.
cant find any amulet with %of fire dmg leeched, only with cold dmg, it is possible to take this with cold dmg, because cold dmg is converted to fire, or is there no leech on conferting dmg?
You deal no cold damage so it won't be of any use to you.
The leech on the amulet is not important 0.2% from Doryani's Catalyst is enough for mob packs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info