[2.6] PoisonMancer LL Bladevortex Witch - Shaper + Uber viable - High Budget

"
@Selvam

Flurry is a Attack. Vortex is a Spell.

Its completley different things.

You can do Necro with B FLurry and Scourge and there are Guides for this. But this one isn´t one.

oh duh sorry i forgot that crucial point ><
I've got all he gear lying around except for Presence of Chayula - any stand in for that? I know it's BiS, but they're an arm and a half and I wanted to see a 70% check first before committing the exalts.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
@primaeva
Use a normal Chayula, Presence is just lots of ES and Chaos Res. Should not be a problem to test the build without it.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
@primaeva
Use a normal Chayula, Presence is just lots of ES and Chaos Res. Should not be a problem to test the build without it.

Thanks! I have a disillusioned 92 Necro who realised how broken Golems were and went to try something else. :)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
I wonder how this compares to an Occultist with the same setup. Profane Bloom and Void Beacon together give 39% more (double-dipping) damage, assuming your target is a typical boss with 25% chaos res.

Necromancer is giving you 130% increased damage all the time, plus another 40% increase and 41% phys->chaos added damage while spirit offering is active. It's kinda hard to convert this into "% more damage" terms because it depends on how much increased damage and phys->chaos you have from other sources.

Then there's the 10% cast speed and 20% duration for Necromancer, compared to 32% ES and free ring slot for Occultist.
@RabidRabbit

As i say in the Guide Video, i started this as Occultist.

It was not even close to what i had in mind for the damage of this build.
I then tried going Crit as Occultist, grabbing all the nearby Spellcrit, Forbidden Power Ascendancy and Powercharges.

It was a bit better but felt less fluid to play because Forbidden Power alone does not work well for charge generation with the new slower hitrate of BV.

I then respect it to something close to the "LawnMower BV build" that you can find on the Forums.
(Crit without Poison but with Hatred etc)

That was even worse than both previous versions.

My last try then was to go Necro. And this turned out to be what it is now and i am convinced that this is by far stronger than a Occultist version.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
No disrespect to your personal experience but it's not very helpful comparing an unsuccessful leveling build as Occultist to a finished build as a Necromancer. The real question is what would happen if you simply swapped Ascendancies with all your current gear (and maybe got an extra ring), though it'd cost 80 regrets to check on your char and I'm nowhere near the budget level to build an Occultist with gear on par with yours.

It sounds to me like you just had worse builds while leveling - spending points in crit which gives lousy damage returns for low amounts, and then doing a completely different build that doesn't even poison.

I wasn't even considering going crit as Occultist - it would have Profane Bloom, +1 Curse, -20 chaos res, and +100 ES notables.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Jan 14, 2017, 3:09:37 PM
@RabidRabbit

No disrespect?

Really?

I respec at lvl 90

4 times. To save ppl like you all that regrets.

I tested Ubers and Shapers and Chayulla Breaches with all Specs.

I failed Sets. I bought and resold lots of Gear to test. Crafted with Essences.

And then some random dude comes along and implies i would LIE that i tested it and just did some crappy leveling?

If you don´t like it just go play occultist and be happy but don´t come to my thread and tell me that i am lying after i told you what i tested.

If i say i tested it i mean it.

You can see that in all my Guides. If i don´t know something i say that i don´t know it. If i say something i know it.

Its really pretty easy.

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jan 14, 2017, 4:17:26 PM
One thing that confuses me is that you're not using any source of Shock, do you not find it helpful? It seems like having a Vaal Lightning Trap somewhere would add a lot more than say, Increased Duration or Faster Casting on your Wither Totem.

Other than that I am loving this build, feels like a very well balanced BV character with good defense and offense. Obviously takes a huge hit against the poison immune guardians, but everything else is a complete joke.
@Cinara

You can use VLT. But as you can see i in the recently posted highlight video i just dont need it.

And on thse bosses were i would need it (Chimera + Hydra) its pretty useless because they are so mobile.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info