[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

Il pass
Last edited by death__bringer on Mar 2, 2017, 7:13:13 PM
"
Leeown wrote:
I do think the EE variant is alot stronger overall. The AoF conversion isnt worth it, as we want to reduce boss ressi as much as possible for ignite dmg. You wont be able to make the same dmg on bosses and mobs overall with the AoF version. We wrote a few posts back and forth about it, you might want to read :)

@Dandan88, it dont seem to worth it as we will have enough dmg with just one.

The only thing I worry about atm is the AOE change.. We dont know if the ring will be big enough, but lets pray it is.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed. Plus the double Pyre ring idea means we lose out on that sexy regen from the Marble Amulet.
OK so avatar of fire is out? What's the new tree?
Below is my plan. Trim some of the outside nodes until you get to 90+. Not sure how worthwhile the new ele reflect added near the scion is worth it, but feel free to drop that and/or the ele dmg nodes by the shadow, or whatever else you feel like. Note that the following trees are from the updated tree that works in both my updated PoESkillTree and my updated Path of Building.

If you want a leveling tree, here is my plan. Granted it's 77 points, but it is pretty linear after the first 40 points. Feel free to explore the Templar area in whatever order you want (I'm planning on just picking nodes up in whatever order I feel is necessary, if I need more dmg or more life for example). MoM is a nice bit of extra survivability, at least until we get some auras (but I might still keep MoM on with Blasphemy, up until CI when I start using Discipline). Also feel free to grab EE at any point.

Last edited by Deadseeds on Mar 3, 2017, 1:24:09 AM
"
Deadseeds wrote:
Below is my plan. Trim some of the outside nodes until you get to 90+. Not sure how worthwhile the new ele reflect added near the scion is worth it, but feel free to drop that and/or the ele dmg nodes by the shadow, or whatever else you feel like. Note that the following trees are from the updated tree that works in both my updated PoESkillTree and my updated Path of Building.

If you want a leveling tree, here is my plan. Granted it's 77 points, but it is pretty linear after the first 40 points. Feel free to explore the Templar area in whatever order you want (I'm planning on just picking nodes up in whatever order I feel is necessary, if I need more dmg or more life for example). MoM is a nice bit of extra survivability, at least until we get some auras (but I might still keep MoM on with Blasphemy, up until CI when I start using Discipline). Also feel free to grab EE at any point.

Why no Arsonist?
I definitely thought about it, even picking up Combat Stamina along the way for some extra regen (I love regen builds), but they are simply too out of the way. Even if you got Combat Stamina, it's still 5 points to Arsonist which gives 40% fire dmg and 1% life regen. That's less than 10% dmg per point, granted the life regen is nice, but we just don't get enough skill points. Feel free to drop something else if you want, I just think the other nodes are stronger, but I could be wrong. Let me know if you figure out a more efficient way (or what specific nodes to drop).

Edit: Here are some possible things you could remove:
-Drop ZO and run 1 or 2 Sorrow of the Divines (might be clunky but we'll be using at least 1 sulphur anyways). This saves us 3 points (5 saved, but two need to be spent to connect near MoM).
-Drop Alchemist and the jewel slot, saves us 6 points.
-Drop the reflect wheel near scion (average 10% dmg for 4 points, plus reflect), saves us 4 points. Definitely the weakest option, I'm most likely picking up this reflect wheel, if at all, at the very end, unless reflect gives issues.
-Drop the 4 nodes by Shadow (losing 52% dmg, average of 13% per point, plus some crit and status avoidance on us and duration on enemies; could also drop Coldhearted Calc and Nullification, saves 3 more points).

We would need to spend 6 points for Combat Stamina which means 0.3% regen per point, slightly below average in my mind (there is a free 0.3% node by the scion jewel). And another 5 for Arsonist, 13 total if we want the 2 point jewel. Lots more regen with this option and we get some strength so it is less annoying to get on gear. No right or wrong answer in my opinion. Let me know your thoughts.

Just to be thorough, here are some other options we could get instead:
-Quick Recovery (by MoM) and socket an Energy from Within nearby, giving us 20% ES and 0.8% regen. If we think of 1 point giving us 6% ES (lots of places where we can get that 1 point at a time), and another point on average giving 0.3 or 0.4% regen, then this option costs 4 passives (jewel slot and Quick Recovery wheel) and gives about 5 passives worth of stats.
-Ghost Reaver is only 2 points and we get a tiny bit of leech from Doryani's, debatable.

In comparison to Arsonist (ignoring the 2 point jewel, but getting Combat Stamina since it is on the way), we get:
-40% dmg
-2.8% regen
-some strength (not too important, but still useful)
for 11 points. I think that 0.4% regen is a good average per point (most regen builds don't grab the 3rd point of regen near the scion, just the 0.3 and 0.4 leading to the jewel). And 10% dmg is a little below average in my opinion, but let's just use 10% in this case. Then we are spending 11 points for about 11 points worth of stats. It's not horrible, but I think the other options have slightly higher averages.
Last edited by Deadseeds on Mar 3, 2017, 3:14:30 AM
I think this will be my tree for starters; www.poeurl.com/654
Might take more jewels or ES, or ofc dmg if need be. But this will be the basic tree. I like the curse notes and elemental dmg is generally better overall for double dipping. Fire notes in the top are good. The ele cluster near Scion is isnt bad, but not very efficient for dmg, and reflect I don't feel like I need, since I skip ele reflect in top tier anyway, because its just so slow to run them anyway, so why bother. Arsonist is far out of reach. You can go that way if you want like Deadseeds mentioned, but generally I personally, I dont feel we need more survivability tbh. I prefer more dmg after this "basic" tree is taken.

Anyway thats my 2cents :)
Last edited by Leeown on Mar 3, 2017, 6:03:23 AM
It's a difficult balance isn't it?

I'm concerned that your build sacrifices a bit more ES and Regen for a bit more damage, but that fundamentally this build is a tank that will kill you eventually, rather than a glass cannon. I'm therefore concerned that reducing our tankiness while increasing our damage won't kill things fast enough to stop us then being vulnerable. Not saying you're wrong - just expressing a concern. Where do you draw the line on one vs the other? I've never played this build so I have no experience of it.

I agree with the edit to your post and thanks for putting that up.

"
Deadseeds wrote:

Edit: Here are some possible things you could remove:
-Drop ZO and run 1 or 2 Sorrow of the Divines (might be clunky but we'll be using at least 1 sulphur anyways). This saves us 3 points (5 saved, but two need to be spent to connect near MoM).

No thanks!

"
Deadseeds wrote:

-Drop Alchemist and the jewel slot, saves us 6 points.

I think dropping Alch won't be too noticeable. I've personally kept the jewel slot (for now - but might be late to get in the tree).

"
Deadseeds wrote:

-Drop the reflect wheel near scion (average 10% dmg for 4 points, plus reflect), saves us 4 points. Definitely the weakest option, I'm most likely picking up this reflect wheel, if at all, at the very end, unless reflect gives issues.

Agreed - not sure this is all that important.

"
Deadseeds wrote:

-Drop the 4 nodes by Shadow (losing 52% dmg, average of 13% per point, plus some crit and status avoidance on us and duration on enemies; could also drop Coldhearted Calc and Nullification, saves 3 more points).

Really tough one - how much crit (for Ele Overload) do we have if we drop some of those nodes?

So, for reference, at level 95 / 118 points on both variations:

My variation (couple of refinements):
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAQEVAAB-HNwdFJ_fBg63MNpiAW_56O98jxqnCKKjbAu4k_DVpysJ9sBmxPbpAsauDkho8lZjIvSvbByn74iCx_k398GhLxslhq5TpVfJmjtWSCaITLOt8Sy_SbFJURhd6Fri91ug7BjXz_rSvopodAcef8aX9O_rl5WCmzzvj0YRUG0ZDXxcaz1fDF_UfHwOJ-3ZWxGWS641ucNt2CQV1xqBPAXQH4RIp1ULYZUuXfJSUyj66rqmmVF06-6TJxhWKwoRL_ndi4zAmgmq2fyboRhqeC985VgHj_q0DMrT99ftPNWmmK1FRzLRi3qa4EWdU1Lfhu1hgDCcewxSqLmbbimLAAAAAAA=

Your variation:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAQEVAAB-Bx4Jqg18DkgOXBEvEVARlhXXGFYYXRhqGoEbJRzcHRQi9CaIKPopTysKLL81uTwFPO89X0V-SVFJsUuuTLNRdFJTVEdWSFZjV8lYB1ugXGtd8mZUZp5odGjyavpsC20ZeC98Dnzlf8aBr4KbgseESIV7hq6LjIw2jHaPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uul5WX9JitmjuboZ48nsSf36EvoqOmmaa-pwinK6dVrfGxBbQMtzC3MbiTuNC-isBmwJrDbcrT0B_VptfP2CTZW9n82jraYuha6QLquuvu7BjsOO0873zviO_r8NX3wffX-Tf53fno-tIMUimLgDCbbpx7qLnfhu1hAAAAAAA=

So, what it boils down to:

My variation:
10.5% Regen before ascendancy
+278% ES (assumes 2 x EFW @ 5%, Melding & Quick Recovery), excluding effect from Int
4 jewel sockets (includes 2 with EFW)
81% increased spell damage
84% elemental
84% fire

Your variation:
6.9% Regen before ascendancy
+262% ES (assumes 1 x EFW @ 5%, Melding), excluding effect from Int
5 jewel sockets (includes 1 with EFW)
81% increased spell damage
176% elemental
43% fire
10% reduced ele damage
Alchemist

So not advocating one over the other - like I said, trade off of tankiness and regen vs damage.

Thoughts?

To put it simple. Basicly what Im saying is that I my self played this to 89, and I actually didnt get regen on neck, or boots and my gear was really bad. Even then I still had over 2300 regen on conc ground, so with the extra gear my regen would be plenty. I know op used the same tree and same amount of regen, with alot better gear and he reached 3500 regen I believe on conc ground. This is more than enough. But as it was mentioned if you want to have more regen you go ahead! I my self just don't feel that there is any reason to, when I do not need it to stay alive. You can allrdy facetank alot of dmg and move a little if you cannot. I do not see any benefit in getting even more regen. since I dont need it, if it means ill clear that much slower, I just personally dont see the rewards in it. On top of that, giving up a jewel socket and the mana notes, just feels bad to me. And using another ES converter jewels for that 0.8 regen also seems bad, since we lose yet another slot for dmg, which I feel we need. Your dmg will suffer ALOT for it, but if you prefer longer boss fights and more regen, I would say go it. You can do this anyway YOU prefer :)
"
Leeown wrote:
You can do this anyway YOU prefer :)

No no no! I want other people to tell me how to play!

Seriously though, thanks for the response. Like I said I wasn't advocating one route over another - need to see how this plays.

My issue last league (aside from not having the time to play!) is that after hitting 90 I died. Like, all the friggin time. Damage is generally achievable in this game, but if you're a relative noob (like me) then you need that survivability to get a chance to learn guardian/shaper fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info