[2.5] Dela's Beastmode CI Regen Inquisitor ALL CONTENT

"
Lovecraftuk wrote:
Hi there, this build looks like great fun currently at level 20 with it, I am a bit of a noob still so is there any chance you add some leveling trees or give some pointers as to where to go. Thanks in advance :)

For a lvling tree you will need to wait for the OP to answer :-)

I suggest you focus on your defensive side first, so you can stay alive, and work towards adding more dmg the further you go.

Also in the beginning you will probably need to get some life nodes which you will later spec out of to change into CI.
Hi there again mate,

so since i do not want to bother you again ingame and this may be interesting for other people too i decided to post a reply.. I hope my english is not too bad.

So first of all I LOVE THIS BUILD! Thank you so much!

But since i am the worlds most lazy POE player i decided to make some "improvements"..

I am using an Enlighten LVL 4 for this. I know it is not the cheapest gem but who cares about costs in the endgame phase when it brings more comfort:

I actually do not know how to post my gear in here so i will explain.

I linked the Enlighten to Blasphemy, Flammability, Enfeeble (4 Blue).

This allows me to run Discipline at full cost and i run 2 curses.

Using this method i have 35% Discipline + 2 times 30% curses mana reservation. Total 95% reserved. I did not take any "less reserved" nodes from the tree.

The mana left is exactly 56. The mana i need to cast Vortex is also exactly 56. I am still able to spam my spell even if there is about 1 second delay between cast due to the needed mana regeneration.
The Totem is still available too. (Using 5Links and Lvl 19 vortex)

Also i decided to use Enfeeble instead of TempChains since i feel like it gives me more survivability.

Because of this changes i do not use Orb of Storms anymore and have both curses used as auras. And i get another 3empty sockets to put in whatever i like (since Discipline is using one of the 4 empty ones)

If anyone is curious you can check my build on my profile. The characters name is "DerMannheimerVortexTemp" at this link

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DerMannheimer/characters

Cheers

PS: If you are going for lvl 20 vortex you will need 58 mana on a 5L
Last edited by DerMannheimer on Feb 4, 2017, 10:36:57 AM
Finally i found it! I've been looking for a CI regen build that can do all contents with ease. If anyone is selling his gears, just hit me up. I'm gonna try this build before league ends. Thanks.
"
I see you removed the spell totem. Do you think it is not really necessary for end game? If placing vaal gems in the sheild. What do you think about molten shell instead of lightning trap?

It's really personal preference. I don't mind casting the ray totem for things like Shaper - it really helps, but for general mapping vaal haste/vaal lightning trap are really nice for clear speed. Try them all and use what fits your play style / what you are currently fighting.
"
1) Is this good for uber lab without trading? Avatar of Fire is rather close so i can maybe get 50% conversion from there + 50% conversion from cold to fire for 2 points before i manage to chance the Pyre ring.
2) How needed The Beast Fur Shawl really is? This is not RF build after all. Can i manage with just rare regalia for a long time?
3) Can this farm Atziri for sceptre since Atziri is ignite immune?

1- I think this build can do Uber lab without trading if you are familiar with lab. Probably have to start off without max key runs though.
2- BFS is what the build is based around. I'm sure you could use a vaal regalia but it will hurt the build alot. If you are serious about SSF I'd test the difference in SC first. I am certainly NOT a SSF or HC expert. Perhaps others playing HC with the build can chime in and share how its been for them.
3-Yes it can farm Atziri
"
I'm running a 5L to start, would cold to fire be the best 6L option, high lvl empower is unrealistic.

Cold To Fire / Fire Pen is a fine substitute.
"
Hi there, this build looks like great fun currently at level 20 with it, I am a bit of a noob still so is there any chance you add some leveling trees or give some pointers as to where to go. Thanks in advance :)

I will do my best to add more to the leveling section this weekend. I am not really a leveling expert, especially when it comes to starting as life and switching to CI... it takes a bit of balance to get that right. In the meantime, I'd start by googling Firestorm leveling build here is a link to Ziggy D's Firestorm youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFXNjpVu6k

@DerMannheimer So glad you are enjoying the build! Luckily we have a lot of flexibility with curses / mana reservation and I encourage everyone to find the mix of auras/curses that work for them. Enfeeble is certainly a great defensive option, I just cant get away from Temp chains + chill!

"
Finally i found it! I've been looking for a CI regen build that can do all contents with ease.

Fantastic man, Good Luck!
Hey getinthevan,

I got a question.
I got a occultist and i'm finishing the inquisitor. Boths are made for this build. When it will be finished, i'll compare them, IG i mean and on Path of Buiding.

When i import my toon on PoB, Temporal Chains dosen't increase or decrease the overall dps or even the DoT part. Have you seen the same thing ?

I also see that Chance to Ignite skillgem only increase dps by a small amount, are you sure this is the best setup in the chest ?
Last edited by Lhansk on Feb 5, 2017, 8:54:30 AM
"
Lhansk wrote:
Hey getinthevan,

When i import my toon on PoB, Temporal Chains dosen't increase or decrease the overall dps or even the DoT part. Have you seen the same thing ?

I also see that Chance to Ignite skillgem only increase dps by a small amount, are you sure this is the best setup in the chest ?

1) Temp chains is there for defense, not offense.
2) chance to ignite does exactly that, increasing the chance to ignite, not increase the dmg. BUT your dmg increased because your chance to ignite increases. You are using PoB.. so look in PoB at your ignite dmg.

"
DerMannheimer wrote:
I am using an Enlighten LVL 4 for this. I know it is not the cheapest gem but who cares about costs in the endgame phase when it brings more comfort:

This is a good gems, but imo it has better solutions then the ones you are presenting. However it also has to do with personal preference. Look at my build for example.

"
DerMannheimer wrote:

Eventho I love this set-up and wanted to use a similar one.. the mana is just too bad. You have to make choices somewhere, and this is just too much.

"
DerMannheimer wrote:
Also i decided to use Enfeeble instead of TempChains since i feel like it gives me more survivability.

This is personal preference. both are solid choices, it's just what you want.
I am using elemental weakness instead of temp chains. Ik kill so fast I don't even need the extra defense.

"
DerMannheimer wrote:
Because of this changes i do not use Orb of Storms anymore and have both curses used as auras. And i get another 3empty sockets to put in whatever i like (since Discipline is using one of the 4 empty ones)

This is true... but what can you possibly add that is good for this build? I (and the OP) came to the same conclusion at some point after talking a while about the build and doing some brainstorming.
But tbh there isn't anything that we are missing. And there isn't anything we can add that will bring such a revolutionary change to the build that it is worth skipping.

Long story short:

The changes you made are not really viable, and in fact they are working against your comfort instead of having more comfort. The mana shortage you have slows you down and the only thing you gained is not having to cast Orb of Storms.

And the reason they are not viable is because in the final stages of this build you will always want a 6L, and your conclusions come froma 5l. With a 6L you will never reach those mana numbers. So you can't even use that set-up. So either you give up a lot of dmg using a 5L or you will have to give up a lot of dmg in the passive tree trying to reach enough mana reservation to use this.

For those interested in the "changes" I made continue reading:

First of all I didn't change anything that would change the core of this build, only personal preference, which I discussed with the OP because I wanted his insight to see why he made some choices he made.

1) changing the totem set-up

This set-up is ONLY worth it when you do longer fights. This means end-game boss fights. In any other area of the game this is useless. And even without this you won't notice that much a difference on bossfights because the totem will die constantly.

I changed this for Vaal lightning trap and vaal haste with increased duration since these actually give an instant and real benefit to bossfights and many other situations in the game. THe only downside here is that it might not always be "UP" during certain phases off certain bossfights. but even then it will have a bigger impact on the fight for when they ARE usable. compared to the totem set-up.

2) using elemental weakness instead of temp chains.

to be clear, this is not a "better" option, this is just my own personal preference for my playstyle.

This gives me a big dmg boost, which means almost every pack I come across during farming get's 1 shotted. I don't miss the defensive utility because I kill too fast for the defensive utility to even activate on the mobs.
And tbh the defensive curse in this build is only NEEDED for when you don't have the perfect gear yet to handle the harder content and for end-game bossfights (the harder ones).
In any other situation, this build is too badass for the challanges it comes across. It just wipes everything.

3) vortex dmg enchant

I have a vortex dmg enchant on my helmet isntead of the flammability boost. But to be totally honest I am not sure which is best. I think the vortex dmg gives a bit more "instant" dmg, but the flammability enchant is better in the long run.
What I can say is, you don't feel an incredible dmg boost from what I would expect from a "40% increased vortex dmg". I was hoping for more.
Last edited by dro0p on Feb 5, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
"

"
Completed 31 ChallengesDerMannheimer wrote:

This is a good gems, but imo it has better solutions then the ones you are presenting. However it also has to do with personal preference. Look at my build for example.

"

Eventho I love this set-up and wanted to use a similar one.. the mana is just too bad. You have to make choices somewhere, and this is just too much.

"

This is personal preference. both are solid choices, it's just what you want.
I am using elemental weakness instead of temp chains. Ik kill so fast I don't even need the extra defense.

"

This is true... but what can you possibly add that is good for this build? I (and the OP) came to the same conclusion at some point after talking a while about the build and doing some brainstorming.
But tbh there isn't anything that we are missing. And there isn't anything we can add that will bring such a revolutionary change to the build that it is worth skipping.

Well, i had to give the normal bandits skill point and helped alira to get the extra 60 mana (which just increased my mana enough to spam shield charge and vortex since it is reserved to 95%)..

But you are right with my 5L. I have not bought or used it on 6L yet so keep in mind that Empower has a 125% Mana Multiplier. It probably not going to work on a 6L with that amount of mana unless you take some "less reserved" nodes.

As already said this is only personal preference since im veeeeeery lazy and dont want to spam orb of storms which (you correctly said) is the only advantage in this build.

I filled the 3 remaining sockets with a CDWT - Inc Dur. - Molten Shell.. Not sure if it is worth it yet
"
DerMannheimer wrote:

Well, i had to give the normal bandits skill point and helped alira to get the extra 60 mana (which just increased my mana enough to spam shield charge and vortex since it is reserved to 95%)..

But you are right with my 5L. I have not bought or used it on 6L yet so keep in mind that Empower has a 125% Mana Multiplier. It probably not going to work on a 6L with that amount of mana unless you take some "less reserved" nodes.

As already said this is only personal preference since im veeeeeery lazy and dont want to spam orb of storms which (you correctly said) is the only advantage in this build.

I filled the 3 remaining sockets with a CDWT - Inc Dur. - Molten Shell.. Not sure if it is worth it yet

I know what you are trying to do, I'm lazy myself, but it just doesn't work, you have to give up too much. I have tried all the possible solutions... You will not get it to work unless you sacrifice too much.

I barely spam my OOS and annihilate everything. only those few packs that come from bloodlines/nemesis I sometimes pop my OOS since they can't be 1-shotted. The only other time I pop OOS is during a bossfight.

When you get a 6-L you will no longer be able to do this.. your vortex will be at 80 mana.

You are also losing a skillpoint because you want that mana help. An extra skill point or the point given to kraityn for the extra frenzy are much much better.

what could work (maybe) is find a cheaper mana cost spell then vortex. but haven't experimented with that.
Last edited by dro0p on Feb 6, 2017, 4:54:29 PM
Well, it works with a 6L if you grab the 4% reduced mana reservation near CI. I'm using blasphemy with flammability + elemental weakness and it works. But that move need 1 point, it's not free.

Edit : Just checked your toon. I think the 6L setup works with the tiny amount of mana left because i switch from fire pen (140%) to cold to fire (110%).

It could be way better with a third curse but it's a huge investment with the drawback to lose something really useful (stun on ES on ring, regen from amulet, ES/resists from boots) and it could need more points in the tree to maybe be balanced.

But, this is the same as CoH linked with OoS because you still use Oos to apply EE on mobs. I'm trying to figure out what is the best setup with OoS right now. I kept ICS and i added PCoC, with quality, it's 20% increased critical strikes chances, that's the only reason. I could use IAoE too, dunno.

I need to clarify that i left out the scorching ray totem, i just don't like to gameplay with it.

And getinthevan, thank you. I hit 90 yesterday, put some points here and there, found a Hall of Grandmasters map in my stash, threw it to the map device and rolled over all the heroes. 3 deaths on the same guy, a lightning arrow dude in the first passage on the right but nothing more, it was so easy.

I now need to try the guardians and the shaper with this build.
Last edited by Lhansk on Feb 7, 2017, 3:01:50 AM
"
And getinthevan, thank you. I hit 90 yesterday, put some points here and there, found a Hall of Grandmasters map in my stash, threw it to the map device and rolled over all the heroes. 3 deaths on the same guy, a lightning arrow dude in the first passage on the right but nothing more, it was so easy.

Glad you're enjoying the build. I REALLY REALLY encourage everyone to tweak and adjust the build to what feels "best" to you. Different setups for different situations, etc. Glad you came to share your setup!

As to Hall of Grandmasters, the exile you talk about is Danzig. He is a level 100 lightning arrow (full conversion to lightning) Ranger. He is the most dangerous exile for the build. A few tips for going against him:

-Charge right at him - his frost walls will sometimes mess/jam you up but being on top of him and stunning/chill locking/dot'ing him is best.
-Use a Stibnite flask, he is crit and misses alot while in the blind cloud
-If you do not have a large ES pool to survive a few hits, go to town and use a Topaz flask, CWDT Enfeeble.

Good luck! HoG is a very profitable map!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info