Fire Squad Golemancer-2.5-Breach-[Guide]

Build guide for faceroll Golemancer, really really easy build that can do all maps and guardians. It might be shaper viable but I have not tested it yet so I would be lying if I claimed it was. You won't regret going this build if you like a laid back, strong, easy build that can do breaches with ease. Really important to know that pre level 41, leveling is terrible, however, after level 41 you are so strong it is faster to solo the acts than be in a party.

Fire Squad Golemancer is mostly an original build, I came back to POE to play the Breach league and someone mentioned the jewels and I thought the build would be original and amazing, however ZiggyD had beaten me to it and there are already a few guides for similar builds like mine.

Pros and Cons
Pros:
Amazingly strong
You don't have to click alot
Can clear any maps/mods
Fast Clear
Versatile
Not bad at PvP
Guardians aren't difficult
Surprisingly isn't laggy
Very safe
Can easily go life/es or es depending on preferred playstyle
Doesn't require a ton of ingame knowledge so if you have good currency it's beginner friendly
You don't need to party after level 41
Easily does breaches
Cons:
The 2 main required jewels are fairly expensive(3-4ex depending when you buy)
Preferred being built with a 6L
Optimizing the build does get expensive but is not necessary
There are required uniques other than the jewels(they are very cheap however)
If you do somehow die, it is annoying casting golems back
Hard to see your character with golems running around
Getting to level 41 may break your spirit

Required Uniques

Two is required

Only need one

Only need one

A mixture of 5 between the two
------------------------------------

Gem Links
Alright there is the main setups then you can choose some extra things to play around with. They go in order of importance.

6L body
Summon Flame Golem(20% Quality is worth it)
Spell Echo
Minion Damage(20% Quality is worth it)
GMP
Controlled Destruction
Elemental Focus(Swap this with Empower level 4 if you can afford)

Clayshaper #1
Cast When Damage Taken(Level 9)
Immortal Call(Level 9)
Flesh Offering

Clayshaper #2
Discipline
Enlighten
Lesser Multiple Projectiles(I keep this here to switch with GMP at bosses)

4-Link #1
Blasphemy
Flammability
Enlighten
Convocation(when/if you choose to get a dual curse, replace this with ele weakness)

4-Link #2
Lightning Warp
Flame Dash
Faster Casting
Less Duration(I would switch this with convocation if you choose to use a dual curse setup and need the extra slot)

4-Link #3
This one is ENTIRELY up to you, I will put in multiple suggestions
Option One:
Raise Specter
Raise Zombie
Culling Strike
Poison Support

Option Two:
Summon Raging Spirits
Spell Echo
Faster Casting
Multistrike/Melee Splash/Poison Support/Culling Strike

Option Three:
Wither
Spell Totem
Faster Casting
Vaal Lightning Trap(You really won't need much extra damage but a good replacement is Desecrate)

Things to Note
A few things about this build are:
*You need to have dexterity and strength on your gear.
-I Chose to put strength on my belt for extra life and it's easier to roll.
-Boots are easy to get dexterity on and triple resistances.
-Rings are easy to get strength and dexterity aswell.
*You can have jewelry that gives increased minion movement speed from Essence of Fear however this will be expensive.
*Switching between GMP and LMP or even taking them out for a boss fight is very noticeable damage wise.
*When doing labs you can use Chaos Golems for physical damage mitigation or use the life regeneration from Stone Golems for going through traps.
*This can do any map mod but no regeneration maps are annoying.

Gearing Up
Bone Helmets are great to have until you are able to get a lab enchant for "40% more Flame Golem Damage". However if you do use srs then this double dips on them too. Must have resists due to lack of other items that aren't unique(not hard to get easily under 15c for a solid helmet).

Basic 6L I am using nothing special, Best in slot would be a +2 Skin of the Loyal(pointed out by Aboba).

Belt should have alot of resists with life and strength.

Triple resistance gloves with life or es work great.

Boots should have 30% move speed, resists, life, and dexterity for gems(not necessary if jewelry has good dexterity)

Rings should have dexterity and strength, life, and resistances if you can find them.

Best in slot in my opinion is a Sidhebreath Paua Amulet, this can be even more amazing if it is Vaal'd with a minion damage modifier that replaces the implicit mana regen.

The weapons are already covered, but try to get high life then physical role(Prioritize minion life)

Videos
I plan to add videos very soon
Last edited by ImRockHard on Jan 2, 2017, 10:11:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2017, 10:04:11 AM
Reserved
If you aren't going CI, Skin of the Loyal is much cheaper and better than Shavs, +1 by default and doubles your other gear's stats (easily 700ES)

You can get a +2 Skin of the Lords (with a useful keystone) later, which would be best in slot.

"
Aboba wrote:
If you aren't going CI, Skin of the Loyal is much cheaper and better than Shavs, +1 by default and doubles your other gear's stats (easily 700ES)

You can get a +2 Skin of the Lords (with a useful keystone) later, which would be best in slot.

Thanks, edited :)
Would this build still be effective without the two expensive jewels? I assume the damage would still be there, you'd just have one less golem and they would be “passive.“
Whats better to take first: Primordial might (aggressive golems) or the Anima stone (extra golem)? Only got so much cash.
"
Whats better to take first: Primordial might (aggressive golems) or the Anima stone (extra golem)? Only got so much cash.

Well the Primordial Might makes them aggressive which is very useful so i'd probably choose that one, however an extra golem if you have jewel sockets might do nicely. I didn't test much without the Primordial might so not 100% sure how effective it is.
Last edited by ImRockHard on Jan 6, 2017, 11:37:01 PM
"
MpieceMonster wrote:
Would this build still be effective without the two expensive jewels? I assume the damage would still be there, you'd just have one less golem and they would be “passive.“

Yes the damage would still be there but they wouldn't be as aggressive without the primordial might, aswell as some of the damage comes from the number of golems.
Can you tell me why elemental focus and not fire penetration? i see many golem builds with fire pen. and surely one of both is the best. Also defensive wise i truly recommend cast on dmg taken - desecrate - bone offering - immortal call (in that order) its fking OP.
Last edited by shagohodds on Jan 12, 2017, 8:05:48 AM
"
shagohodds wrote:
Also defensive wise i truly recommend cast on dmg taken - desecrate - bone offering - immortal call (in that order) its fking OP.

Bone Offering doesn't work on the same CWDT iteration than Desecrate. It's been like that for years, still to be confirmed if it's a bug or it's intended.

You need two CWDT procs for those links to work. Which isn't overpowered at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info