Journalists of "Fake News," should go to prison.

Not only should he/she go to prison, the organization should be fined. Was reading few articles and talking to friends... Everyone agrees. Fake News can cause severe outcomes.

I think people don't realize not everyone has a modern mind... How does a person have a conscious to write something that could cause harm.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 25, 2017, 8:14:10 PM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 10:09:50 PM
Is this just more venting and salt over "my side lost an election" nonsense?

Also, just to point something out: Our governments lie to us on a daily basis. Do you want to hold any government official accountable with prison time for lying to the public? Why stop with just fake news, and why not target more egregious lying?
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 31, 2016, 3:52:01 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Is this just more venting and salt over "my side lost an election" nonsense?

Also, just to point something out: Our governments lie to us on a daily basis. Do you want to hold any government official accountable with prison time for lying to the public? Why stop with just fake news, and why not target more egregious lying?

What??? What you talking about? I

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I don't think lying should be illegal. Not because I'm pro-lying, but because I don't want government arresting people for exercising free speech. Additionally, people tend to be somewhat decent at exposing liars already; at worst, a moderately aware person can usually sense disagreement over whether a claim is true or false, which is enough to incite independent research.

I don't think fake news, in a vacuum, has severe outcomes. It requires an additional component: the blind trust of its audience.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 31, 2016, 5:50:09 PM
"
solwitch wrote:

What??? What you talking about?

Are you an American? The libs been screaming and crying "fake news" here, ever since Trump won. Calling every media source somewhat favorable to Trump "fake news". I was assuming this was just more of the same old variety of salt. Considering it's everywhere on the internet right now.

If you're referring to something different entirely, then maybe you can be more specific?
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 31, 2016, 11:11:48 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't think lying should be illegal. Not because I'm pro-lying, but because I don't want government arresting people for exercising free speech. Additionally, people tend to be somewhat decent at exposing liars already; at worst, a moderately aware person can usually sense disagreement over whether a claim is true or false, which is enough to incite independent research.

I don't think fake news, in a vacuum, has severe outcomes. It requires an additional component: the blind trust of its audience.

I completely disagree. Falsely calling your opponent the founder of a terrorist organization is criminal any way you look at it. Free speech has nothing to do with such a statement any more than calling a mass shooter as someone exercising their first amendment rights to bear arms.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

What??? What you talking about?

Are you an American? The libs been screaming and crying "fake news" here, ever since Trump won. Calling every media source somewhat favorable to Trump "fake news". I was assuming this was just more of the same old variety of salt. Considering it's everywhere on the internet right now.

If you're referring to something different entirely, then maybe you can be more specific?

There was a Facebook news stating China was getting ready to prepare their nukes. Taiwan took it seriously... So Facebook trying hard to eliminate fake news on their site. Yes I'm American... Lol.

"
SkyCore wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I completely disagree. Falsely calling your opponent the founder of a terrorist organization is criminal any way you look at it. Free speech has nothing to do with such a statement any more than calling a mass shooter as someone exercising their first amendment rights to bear arms.
Genuinely lel'd at "first amendment right to bear arms."

I said illegal. It's still immoral to lie in the manner you describe, but is anyone hurt? Is there any irreparable damage? Not really. Exposing the truth should be enough to turn sentiment against the liar, and the resulting loss of trust should be sufficient.

Obviously, things like filing false allegations with police, or in court, should be punishable. But there is a distinction between mere lying and perjury.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Libs decided free speech and opinions are now "fake news" too.

So let s be clear, what they are calling now "news" are forum discussions on 4chan /pol that for some reasons CNN though it was interesting to put on front page to fuck with Trump. Sadly for them doing this lot of people went to visit the sites and changed their minds.

those so called news have spread thanks to cnn and other libs media when they tried to fuck with Trump and now they are blaming internet.

Other thing they call "fake news" are real E-mails leaked to the press.
Now truth is "fake" simply because it come from hacked source?

HA yea and calling Trump "bigot, racist" was also "fake news" but this was ok since it was rumors from the lib side.

All of this is made to control the mass and information. If you want 1984 from author George Orwell to become reality, make people believe anything not gov controlled is bad and ban it.

Right.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jan 1, 2017, 1:21:35 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:

Falsely creating rape cases against your opponent and calling him racist is also criminal btw. Both Hillary and Trump used dirty rumors BUT Libs forgot about their dirty shit quite quick.

Also Obama did finance Syrian opposition right? He did gave them weapons right? and those same guys started to behead people and some sided with terrorist righT?

So yea he did finance terrorism.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jan 1, 2017, 1:27:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info