[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
holbroal wrote:
Great build, having lots of fun. I really want to try a glacial cascade version of this build, would it be as simple as switching out the pulse jewels for cascade jewels? And if I position myself correctly, with all 3 waves hitting a boss, it should do more damage than freezing pulse?

After making a build with Glacial Cascade over on the Marauder forums I learned it's also a very top tier spell. The problem with using it on this build is the skill deals base physical damage, and 60% of it gets converted to cold, this means you either need a really expensive helmet enchant to convert the remaining 40%, Hrimsorrow gloves, or there's a few other things. But yeah, if that phys damage isn't converted to cold you're going to be tickling bosses, you are right though, Glacial Cascade and Conc Effect on this build could work if the damage gets converted.

Thanks for the reply! I might do the Hrimsorrow gloves, you mention a "few other things" to convert the remaining 40%, can you think of any others besides the helmet enchants?

The glacial cascade with Conc Effect, with the reduced AOE is it difficult to position yourself correctly to get all 3 hitting? Do you stand right next to the boss?

Thanks again for your help
"
holbroal wrote:
"

Occultist
Good sides: can have additional curse, can generate power charges by itself, can regain energy shield (only when killing trash), have some boost to chaos dmg, which is nice while using Atziri's promise.
What needs: generate mana, may be some mana reservation reductions (The point is: you will not use more than 2 curses if you dont reduce your reservation. Using more curses can be really nice, cause they are flexible. You can use Warlord's mark, Ele weakness and Frostbite for the dmg or Warlord's mark, Temporal chains and Enfeeble for the def. You will ask me: "But how you get the 3rd curse?" Simple: get Cospri's will body armour. It is very nice, and its only downside is dexterity requirement. Also, if you use 3 curses, you can use Doedre's scorn as a helmet, which will give you a nice boost to dmg)

I've been following your Occultist version of this build to great success, Thanks!

quick question about the 3 curse version, you mention Warlord's mark, ele weakness, and frostbite. But would it be better to replace the ele weakness with projectile weakness? I read somewhere that penetrating ele resistance is better when their resistance is capped, but since I'm already penetrating their resistance so much with this build, so monsters no longer have anywhere near 75% resistance, therefore perhaps projectile weakness might give better damage when its the 3rd curse?

The value of each point of resist penetration is better when it penetrates positive resist.

Example: the monster have 60% resist. It means, if you have 0 penetration, you deal only 40% of your dmg. Each point of penetration will give you +1/40 more dmg compare to dmg without penetration. If monster have 80% resist instead, each point will give you +1/20, which is twice as much. But it doesnt mean that you need to search monsters with high res to get more dmg.

When you reduced monsters resist to 0, the remaining % of your penetration will work as "more dmg" buff based on your nominal damage, written in a tooltip. Now emagine: you take monster with 0 resist and you have 2 curses. Both giving you 40% penetration. First gives you raw 40% more dmg. The second will not give you another 40%, because after 1st you have 140% dmg. 40%/140%=28.6 So, the second curse gives you only 28.6% more. If you know the mechanics and the difference between "increased" and "more", you will understand what i m talking about.

Now take a look at Projectile weekness curse. It says that if you use 20 lvl 20% quality Projectile weekness, cursed enemy will take 55% increased dmg from projectiles. As wiki says, this debuff is multiplicative with your dmg, so ya, it will literally give you 55% more dmg.

So, if you are looking for maximum dmg, you should use Warlords mark (if you have no other way of sustaining you hp and mana), Projectile weekness and Frostbite. It will increase the dmg by 1.55*1.45=2.2475 times which is very nice. Sad, but true: on Shaper effect of each curce will be 80% less, meaning only 1.09*1.11=1.21 more dmg (roughly 2 times worse effect then on white trash mobs). You can try to find ways of increasing curse effects (taking passive points for that will not be good idea, imo). The best idea here is to get 30% Projectile weekness helmet enchantment, cause it is a multiplicator, so, if i m not wrong, it will give you 30% more dmg

One more perverted idea: you can take Empire grasp gloves (Proj weekness gives knockback, so why not?) and Point blank support. Instead of Frost bite on the bosses without adds can be good. But you will lack 150% increased crit chance from gloves, so idk really.

Talking about crit chance: you need to use diamond flask. It gives you a lot, if you dont overinvested in crit chance already. Look: if you have 40% crit chance and use flask, the game rolls for crit twise and must roll both rolls as "no" to get non-crit. It means, you have 1-0.6*0.6=0.64 chance to make a crit with flask (or 64%, if you wish). 64%-40%=24%. That means, flask gives you 24% crit chance. Maximum crit chance it gives when your own chance equals 50%. The flask will give you 25% then. If you will invest more resources in crit, the flask bonus will become lesser. Reasonable chance of crit is 70%-75%. Having 75% crit mean that with diamond flask you will do crit at 94% ratio (which is enough, imo). Dont forget that every power charge gives you 40% increased critical chance, so with Increased critical chance support it should be easy to get such level.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Are not curses weakened by the bosses?
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
Besovskii wrote:
Are not curses weakened by the bosses?

Yep. I already mentioned that.

On map bosses you have 60% less effect.
On guardians and Shaper 80% less.

Still worth it, if you have additional effects per curse, as occultist has. And curses increase your dmg without occupying socets in your 6-link, so why not?

Btw, i dont tried totem mechanics yet. Is there any way to get "free" damage or survivability from them?
I am having a hard time surviving on t13 maps and unable to do t14+ with your budget build. All I am lacking for your full build is atziri's Acuity, skyforth, and taste of Hate. I have max resistances but can't survive. Any advice?should this build be able to do this content?
I am currently level 87.
How much HP do you have? Also, do you use Vaal pact instead of Atziri's acuity?

In general, the ability to clear content is based on your build (including gear) AND your playstyle. Many bosses (not all) can be killed with bad gear just because you know how to do that.

For example: Kaom, boss of the Abyss. He is very slow, so with a little sustain you can kill him if you do not run 18% elemental reflect mode (18%/4=4.5% Your resists divide that number by another 4. So, you need at least 1.2% leech to overheal the reflection and a little more to sustain yourself alive), -12 to max player resists mod (cause it makes you to take 50% more dmg from elemental attacks) or something like that.

The opposite example: museum map. Maligaro spams almost unavoidable attacks, so you should just get enough dps and kill him fast.
i have 4614 hp and i do use vaal pact in place of atziris. i also have been unable to 6 link my belly of the beast so i do not have cold pen support gem with the rest of them is that hurting my dps that much? with golems and auras actice with no charges my tool rip dps is 35.8k. im just trying to figure out what im doing wrong i really enjoy this build. thank you for the help.
When i was 87, i had 3800 hp or something like that. And about 80k with inactive Pendulum of destruction.

You should open your character tab to let us see the details.

Using Cold penetration will not increase your tooltip dps, but will helps a lot, cause many monsters now has resists. When i was about 82, i had nice number in a tooltip, but had a feeling, that i need much more. Then i removed Innervate support and added cold pen, and all the things became better.

Also, your dps can be low because Void battareys give you -40% increased spell dmg (Or more, if you have bad rolls). Still dunno why it is less then 40k. I have 95k/121k currently (with inactive/active pendulum respectively). Do you use quality gems?
I am working on swapping my gems over to quality now and I have yet to do uber lab so I'm short two points there. I will get my char linked to my account as soon as I am able to get to my pc for you to take a look at. I will let you all know when it's linked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info