[3.3] LL CI Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | Shatter Everything! | LL + CI Shenanigans | Off Meta

UPDATED: 06/27/2018

This guide has now been fully updated for patch 3.3! Keep in mind I suggest a Warlord's Mark on hit ring, we also run with Elemental Weakness for damage. So if you don't have a +1 Curse "The Pandemonius" amulet, you will have to Whispers of Doom for both curses to function.

Build Highlights:

• Occultist = Free stun immunity, ignore Hexproof, recharge ES in combat, free Power Charge generation!
  • Shatter your whole screen
  • Benefit from Pain Attunement but retain all the defensive benefits of CI
  • Fully geared with 10 Exalts or less
  • Farm all Guardians & Shaper deathless
  • Easy Incursion clears.
  • 2.8m+ Shaper DPS

FAQ
Q: Will you add a leveling guide?

A: Eventually, my least favorite thing writing up, are leveling guides, so possibly over the weekend I will work on one.

Videos (To be added)
Ta-da! It's empty.

Feedback (To be added)
Ta-da! It's empty.

Items

Note: The required unique items are x2 Void Battery and a Coward's Legacy.

My Gear
"

Weapons

Ideally you want as high Cast Speed roll as possible, then as high Increased Critical Strike Chance you can get. Bless Orb the implicit Spell Damage to 40%.

Body Armor

What you're looking for on your body armour will be a Shaped ES chest, with % ES on Kill, as high ES as possible, and any resists/attributes you may require.

Helmet

Choosing a helmet is fairly straight forward, you'll be looking to fill in any missing resistances you may have, and as high ES as you can possibly find.

Rings

Rings are fairly simple as well. You'll want to be looking for a high ES roll, resists & any missing attributes.

Ideally one of your rings will have a Curse on Hit mod with Warlord's Mark preferably for ES/Mana leech and for Endurance charge generation.

Amulet

Pretty straightforward. Extremely useful amulet for defense and offense. Can't get much better than this.

Gloves

Again, as high ES as possible and then any resists and attributes you may require.

Belt

The meat of this build. This allows us to take Pain Attunment for "free" without having to sacrifice our body armor slot with the mediocrity of Shavs, and let's us run with some insane Shaped body armor mods instead.

Boots

For boots, look for any base, 25-35% Movement Speed, high ES, Resistances, anything else is a bonus.

Flasks

Passive Trees

Bandits
Kill All for 2 Points.

Gems and Links
In most cases 20 quality gems will always slightly increase something, as will level 21 gems. You should slowly start working towards getting your main 6L gems 20Q/21L whenever possible.

Gems are listed in order of importance, so if you're running a 5L, you'll be dropping Increased Critical Strikes. When you're bossing you should also be dropping Increased Critical Strikes and replacing it with Elemental Focus for a 33% DPS increase.

x2 Void Batteries

Gloves

Helmet

Boots

Body Armor

Jewels

Watcher's Eye

Watcher's Eye with "30-40% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline" and "+# Energy Shield gained for each enemy hit while affected by Discipline" is best in slot for us, however currently these can run you anywhere from 5-10 Exalts.

Regular Jewel

Ideally this is what you're looking for. Increased Global Critical Strike Chance can be replaced with anything else without much of a loss.

Required Freezing Pulse Jewels

Preferably you get 2 corrupt versions, one with "You cannot be maimed" and the other with "You cannot be Cursed with Silence".

Enchantments

Helmet Enchantments

Best Enchant: 8-12% increased Freezing Pulse Cast Speed.

Decent Enchant: 25-40% increased Freezing Pulse Damage.

More Unreserved Mana Enchant: 14-20% reduced Discipline Mana Reservation.

Not a Terrible Enchant: 20-30% increased Elemental Weakness Curse Effect.

Worst Enchant: 30% increased Freezing Pulse Projectile Speed.

Boot Enchantments

Overall the Best Enchant: 0.4%-0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently.

Best Bossing Damage Enchant: Damage Penetrates 6-10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently.

Not a Terrible Enchant: Regenerate 1%-2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently.

Glove Enchantments

All the listed glove enchants play a very minor role in the actual build. Pick whatever one you prefer or already have.

Decent Enchant: "of Winter: Unleashes an icy projectile that pulses with cold as it travels."

Decent Enchant: "of Spite: Releases a nova of projectiles based on your weapon, leaving chilling ground in their wake."

Decent Enchant: "of Frost: Fire a nova of icy projectiles."

Pantheon
  • Soul of Lunaris
  • Soul of Yugul

Additional Information
You may want to play around with replacing Increased Critical Strikes.. Faster Casting and Increased Critical Damage are generally better choices. See what feels good for you.

Atziri's Acuity could be a decent option if you can afford losing your glove slot resistances, Vaal Pact leech is still very powerful, regardless of the countless nerf hammers it has taken.

Make sure you're running with Clarity ON and using Vaal Clarity for most single target/extended boss encounters! If you run into more mana issues beyond that, consider getting +1 curse and running Warlord's Mark on Hit via a ring! Lavianga's Spirit is another option!

Keep in mind I suggest a Warlord's Mark on hit ring, we also run with Elemental Weakness for damage. So if you don't have a +1 Curse "The Pandemonius" amulet, you will have to Whispers of Doom for both curses to function.

There's potential for 3mil+ Shaper DPS if you find a way to Shock, be it Vaal Lightning Trap or Vessel of Vinktar.

Previous Versions (Patch 2.5-3.0)
*Updated for 3.0* This will be the leveling section of the build, focusing on Firestorm for quick & easy leveling until we can make Freezing Pulse worthwhile. 99% of the passive tree positioning will remain the same, making it a very cheap (a few regrets max) & simple transition to the main FP build when you are ready.

Leveling
Spoiler

Gear
Gearing
Gearing is pretty straightforward while leveling, craft a +1 Fire gem Wand for Firestorm, prioritize Movement speed on boots, Resistances & Life, everything else is a bonus.

Leveling Uniques
If you are able to get your hands on some leveling uniques, then I'd definitely recommend it. Things like a Lifesprig, Goldrim, Tabula Rasa & Wanderlust will make your life much easier.

Flasks
Spoiler
Making sure you're using the highest level flasks available to you while leveling is very important, I usually run with 2 Life flasks, 1 or 2 Mana flasks & 1 or 2 Quicksilver Flasks.
While leveling in the beta I used 2 Life flasks, 2 Quicksilver flasks & 1 Mana flask.

Rolling your flasks are not worth the time or currency as you will be replacing them fairly quickly, it's really only until you reach Part 2 (Act 6+) where you may want to consider rolling a "of Staunching" mod, as bleeds will kill you fairly quickly.

Feel free to roll your Quicksilver flasks if you have extra currency, these you won't be replacing for awhile.

Gems & Links
Spoiler

+1 Gem Weapon
Firestorm, Spell Echo OR Controlled Destruction Support, Concentrated Effect Support

6L Chest
Firestorm, Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction Support, Concentrated Effect Support, Innervate Support, Fire Penetration Support

Others
I personally used Purity of Elements to help with resistances, I also took Summon Ice Golem (Lightning is fine too), Flame Dash for movement, Freezing Pulse just to level it up until I need it. You can also use a CWDT setup (such as Frostwall), and I also ran Decoy Totem mostly for bosses. Feel free to add other gem setups of your choice that you feel fit. You can't really go wrong here.

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Skill Tree
Spoiler

When should I switch from the leveling build?
Spoiler
Once you fill out the 70p skill tree, you'll have to decide what build to do, the expensive version or the budget version. From there start following either of the 90p trees. Once you can safely afford switching, that's when you do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Updated for 3.0* This will be the go-to build for 3.0 if you're a player who is funded,
it's the one I'm personally running.

Life Based MoM Build (Acuity's, Skyforths, Belly of the Beast, Dual Void Battery's)
Spoiler

Path of Building Link

Tooltip DPS
Spoiler
Do note that I'm using Cold Penetration in this screenshot which doesn't do anything for tooltip DPS.
8 Power Charges & 4 Frenzy Charges

Videos
This video was recorded before I optimized a lot of things, and I was at 4/8 Ascendancy points,
and level 80.

Spoiler

Gear
Required Gear

Gearing
Gearing up for this build beyond the uniques is very straightforward. You'll be looking for 2 rings, a belt & a helmet to cap your resists (83 total resist points in fire, lightning & cold. Also, the more life you can find on the gear, the better. Diamond rings are not too important, you can get away with Coral or Opal as well.

My Current Gear

Flasks
Spoiler

Atziri's Promise is a simple flask to use, spam it when you have charges, it gives a small amount of Life Leech and a small damage boost.

Taste of Hate is an amazing flask for mitigating physical attack damage.

Kiara's Determination is great because it saves us flask spots, letting us use the above mentioned flasks.

Now that we've gone over the 3 unique flasks, the last two flasks are 100% up to you. Just keep in mind that we will require a "of Staunching" flask to remove bleeding & a "of Grounding" flask to remove shock. I personally would recommend taking a Basalt flask as they give very strong Physical damage mitigation.

Jewels
Spoiler

x2 First Snow Cobalt Jewels Are REQUIRED.

The absolute best in slot jewels for us will be something with double Critical Strike Chance & or Critical Strike Multiplier, Cold or Spell Damage %, and Life or Projectile Damage.

Gems & Links
Spoiler
Chest
Freezing Pulse > Ice Bite Support > Cold Penetration Support > Increased Critical Damage Support > Spell Echo Support > Increased Critical Strikes Support

Void Batteries
Lightning Warp > Faster Casting Support > Less Duration Support
Vaal Clarity > Increased Duration > Vaal Haste

Helmet
Warlord's Mark > Enlighten > Blasphemy Support > Summon Ice Golem

Boots
Herald of Ice > Enlighten Support > Clarity > Summon Lightning Golem

Gloves
Cast When Damage Taken > Immortal Call > Increased Duration Support > Frost Bomb

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler
For our Ascendancies we'll be going with the Elementalist.

We'll be taking: Paragon of Calamity > Liege of Primordial > Shaper of Desolation and then Beacon of Ruin or Pendulum of Destruction.

If you feel you can survive without the Elemental Reflect defense that Paragon of Calamity gives, taking Liege of Primordial is probably your next best choice.

Pantheon
Spoiler
Soul of Lunaris & Soul of Yugul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Updated for 3.0* This will be the go-to build for 3.0 if you're a player who isn't funded, you'll be running with two uniques and the rest is all rares, easy to cap res, easy to find life, and cheap uniques. We'll also be running with dual wands OR daggers for an overall 50%~ DPS increase.

Life Based MoM Budget Build (Belly of the Beast & The Halcyon or The Pandemonious)
Spoiler

Tooltip DPS
Spoiler
To be added

Videos
Spoiler

To be added

Gear
Required Gear

Gearing
Gearing up for this build is very straightforward. You'll be looking for 2 rings, a belt, helmet, boots & gloves to cap your resists (83 total resist points in fire, lightning & cold. Also, the more life you can find on the gear, the better. Diamond rings are not too important, you can get away with Coral or Opal as well.

As for weapons you'll be looking for two daggers or two wands, they are pretty much even in terms of DPS, so pick whatever is better rolled and rock with it. You'll be looking for a few key stats. Increased Critical Strike Chance For Spells is going to be king, look for 90% or higher, Global Critical Strike Multiplier, Spell Damage. After you find something with all three of those on it, Cast Speed (if dual wands), Attack Speed (If dual daggers) & then added Cold or Lightning damage to spells would be considered icing on the cake.

My Current Gear
I don't have a full set of gear for this version of the build but I'll link what I can.

Flasks
Spoiler

Atziri's Promise is a simple flask to use, spam it when you have charges, it gives a small amount of Life Leech and a small damage boost.

Taste of Hate is an amazing flask for mitigating physical attack damage.

Kiara's Determination is great because it saves us flask spots, letting us use the above mentioned flasks.

Now that we've gone over the 3 unique flasks, the last two flasks are 100% up to you. Just keep in mind that we will require a "of Staunching" flask to remove bleeding & a "of Grounding" flask to remove shock. I personally would recommend taking a Basalt flask as they give very strong Physical damage mitigation.

Jewels
Spoiler

The absolute best in slot jewels for us will be something with double Critical Strike Chance & or Critical Strike Multiplier, Cold or Spell Damage %, and Life or Projectile Damage.

Gems & Links
Spoiler
Chest
Freezing Pulse > Power Charge On Critical Support > Cold Penetration Support > Ice Bite Support > Spell Echo Support > Increased Critical Strikes Support

Wands
Lightning Warp > Faster Casting Support > Less Duration Support & Vaal Haste > Vaal Clarity > Increased Duration

Daggers
Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks Support > Fortify Support & Vaal Haste > Vaal Clarity > Increased Duration

Helmet
Warlord's Mark > Enlighten > Blasphemy Support > Summon Ice Golem

Boots
Herald of Ice > Enlighten Support > Clarity > Summon Lightning Golem

Gloves
Cast When Damage Taken > Immortal Call > Increased Duration Support > Frost Bomb

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler

We'll be taking: Paragon of Calamity > Liege of Primordial > Shaper of Desolation and then Beacon of Ruin or Pendulum of Destruction.

If you feel you can survive without the Elemental Reflect defense that Paragon of Calamity gives, taking Liege of Primordial is probably your next best choice.

Pantheon
Spoiler

*Updated for 3.0* I would only recommend this version of the build to well geared players on Standard league. ES has been nerfed into the ground way too much to make LL a reasonable choice currently.

LL Build (Shavs & Skyforths)
Spoiler

Tooltip DPS
Spoiler
Do note that I'm also using Cold Penetration in both of these screenshots which doesn't do anything for tooltip DPS.
5 Power Charges with Life Leech

5 Power Charges with Empower

Videos
Spoiler

T15 Quay Under 1m 40s Clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pom5PkTasSk

Gear
Required Gear

Gearing
Gearing up for this build is fairly straightforward. You'll be looking for a belt, helmet, gloves, chest & boots with high Energy Shield and Fire & Lightning resists. You'll also want to be going for a Diamond Ring loaded with resists, flat ES and ES %. You may also use Snakepits if you desire.

As for your dagger or wand, you'll be looking to prioritize Spell Damage, Critical Strike Chance for Spells & Global Critical Strike Multi. Cold Damage to spells, Attack Speed, Cast Speed, and Lightning Damage to spells would be considered icing on the cake, not required, but nice to have.

My Current Gear

Flasks
Spoiler

Flask management plays a vital role in this build.

The Vessel of Vinktar flask is used primarily to shock bosses, which causes them to take 10% increased damage. The downside of this is that we also get shocked which increases our damage taken by 50%, so we need to use a flask with the "of Grounding" mod to remove this.

Taste of Hate is an amazing flask for surviving physical attack damage, which has generally been this builds biggest weakness.. now, it's not.

Now that we've gone over the 2 unique flasks, the last three flasks are 100% up to you. Just keep in mind that we will require a "of Staunching" flask to remove bleeding & a "of Grounding" flask to remove shock. I personally would recommend taking a Basalt flask as they give very strong Physical damage mitigation.

Jewels
Spoiler

The absolute best in slot jewels for us will be something with double Critical Strike Chance & or Critical Strike Multiplier, Cold or Spell Damage %, and ES % or Projectile Damage.

The Energy From Within has to be placed in between the Melding node, right by Pain Attunement, this is crucial for us to take of advantage of because of the low ES we have due to recent nerfs.

Gems & Links
Spoiler
Bosses
Freezing Pulse > Added Cold Damage Support > Cold Penetration Support > Life Leech Support > Spell Echo Support > Increased Critical Strikes Support

Map Clearing
Freezing Pulse > Added Cold Damage Support > Cold Penetration Support > Life Leech Support > Spell Echo Support > Increased Critical Strikes Support

Dagger or Wand
If Dagger: Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks Support > Fortify Support
If Wand: Lightning Warp > Faster Casting Support > Less Duration Support

Shield
Summon Ice Golem > Summon Lightning Golem > Vaal Haste

Helmet
Frostbite > Enlighten > Herald of Ice > Blasphemy Support

Boots
Discipline > Enlighten Support > Clarity > Blood Magic Support

Gloves

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Pantheon
Spoiler

*Not updated for 3.0* Most likely not updating this version for 3.0. There is no point to be LL or CI, if you really want to try it out, follow my regular LL guide and fill in what's needed to run CI.

CI Build (No Shavs & No Skyforths)
Spoiler

Tooltip DPS
Spoiler
Do note that I'm also using Cold Penetration in both of these screenshots which doesn't do anything for tooltip DPS.
5 Power Charges with Life Leech

5 Power Charges with Empower

Videos

Gear
Required Gear

The corrupted amulet is a BONUS and it is not required, a regular "The Pandemonious" will do perfectly fine.
OR
Additional Curse corruption is not required, and wouldn't benefit this specific build, it's just the only example I have currently.

Gearing
Gearing up for this build is fairly straightforward. You'll be looking for a belt, helmet, gloves, chest & boots with high Energy Shield and Fire & Lightning resists. You'll also want to be going for a Diamond Ring loaded with resists, flat ES and ES %. You may also use Snakepits if you desire.

As for your dagger or wand, you'll be looking to prioritize Spell Damage, Critical Strike Chance for Spells & Global Critical Strike Multi. Cold Damage to spells, Attack Speed, Cast Speed, and Lightning Damage to spells would be considered icing on the cake, not required, but nice to have.

My Current Gear

Flasks
Spoiler

Flask management plays a vital role in this build.

The Vessel of Vinktar flask is used primarily to shock bosses, which causes them to take 10% increased damage. The downside of this is that we also get shocked which increases our damage taken by 50%, so we need to use a flask with the "of Grounding" mod to remove this.

Taste of Hate is an amazing flask for surviving physical attack damage, which has generally been this builds biggest weakness.. now, it's not.

Now that we've gone over the 2 unique flasks, the last three flasks are 100% up to you. Just keep in mind that we will require a "of Staunching" flask to remove bleeding & a "of Grounding" flask to remove shock. I personally would recommend taking a Basalt flask as they give very strong Physical damage mitigation.

Jewels
Spoiler

The absolute best in slot jewels for us will be something with double Critical Strike Chance & or Critical Strike Multiplier, Cold or Spell Damage %, and ES % or Projectile Damage.

The Energy From Within has to be placed in between the Melding node, right by Pain Attunement, this is crucial for us to take of advantage of because of the low ES we have due to recent nerfs.

Gems & Links
Spoiler

Chest
Freezing Pulse > Added Cold Damage Support > Cold Penetration Support > Life Leech Support/Empower Support (Life Leech or Empower depending if you want more survival or more DPS) > Spell Echo Support > Increased Critical Strikes Support

Daggers
Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks Support > Fortify Support

Summon Ice Golem > Increased Duration Support > Vaal Haste

Helmet
Flame Dash > The rest are optional. Feel free to level extra gems in here.

Boots
Clarity > Discipline > Enlighten Support > Summon Lightning Golem

Gloves
Enlighten Support > Curse on Hit > Assassin's Mark > Herald of Ice

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Pantheon
Spoiler

“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jun 27, 2018, 10:22:20 PM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2018, 5:46:54 AM
Reserved.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Added another variation of the build, ended up quite a lot better than my first, and recorded a T15 Shaped Quay clear in under 1 min 40 seconds.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Looks awesome, just really expensive. Possible to get a more budget friendly version?
"
Mordryd wrote:
Looks awesome, just really expensive. Possible to get a more budget friendly version?

Thanks.

Yeah I've been meaning to work on one, just been getting sidetracked. I will begin work on a cheaper version tonight.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 2, 2017, 6:28:34 AM
Posted a budget CI version of the build now, enjoy!

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 2, 2017, 7:36:27 PM
Thanks again for the build update on a more budget friendly version. I'm going to try this out.
I've been wanting to play pulse again for ages, this look really cool.
However, I really want to keep doing shaper/guradians/uber atziri.
Your title says "Melts Bosses!" any chance for a vid on shaper/uber atziri fights?
IGN: soulyanar/PewPewPulse
Hi, kinda new player here :D
Your CI build looks very interesting and I'm thinking about trying it. Can you add a leveling section for the passive tree? It really confuses me seeing 100 complete build without knowing how to get there :/

Thank you ^^
"
aaahChu wrote:
I've been wanting to play pulse again for ages, this look really cool.
However, I really want to keep doing shaper/guradians/uber atziri.
Your title says "Melts Bosses!" any chance for a vid on shaper/uber atziri fights?

Thanks and yeah absolutely. I've been meaning to get some boss videos. Especially Shaper.

Will work on that over the weekend.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info