Developer Interview - Alex - Physics Programmer

"
vio wrote:
kind of missed it, thanks for the link.

edit: well, checked the source code and are wondering if adding --nodx9ex as command line parameter wouldn't also have fixed the problem as he just forces the use of 2 parameters which shut off experimental optimisations, the same --nodx9ex imho does.

It's somehow not the same. Dozens or hundreds of us who had the problem tried --nodx9ex within the first 2 weeks of not being able to play, as can be seen in the threads, with no change. It wasn't until this guy came out with his hack that we could finally play again - after completely missing the Breach launch.

Base DX9 PoE actually runs noticeably faster on all 3 of my machines than DX9ex, BTW. And pre-DX11-client introduction client ran faster still. All the optimization stuff has consistently made the game slower on all 3 machines, because they're apparently only optimizing on the latest Intel+Nvidia mid-and-higher-end hardware. Anyone with AMD and/or ATI, or a somewhat older rig, seems to be screwed.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
That's cool, but I am more interested into interview with the guy which totally killed my fun of this game, and the fun of thousands other guys with the killing the witches, CI and ES.

As well I would like to read an interview with the guy which decided that PoE should be a "balanced game".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info