Developer Interview - Alex - Physics Programmer

needs to be an option to disable physics because dangling tentacle wings is sad panda. i can't wear them anymore and i used to love them. ideally the rigidity of the physics model would be a slider. i don't mind movement. i mind floppy boob syndrome.
Beautiful to see the devs talking to the community of the game. A clear example of how some certain AAA companies should deal with their fanbase and customers. Happy to belong to the GGG family now.
"
Joaoperals wrote:
Beautiful to see the devs talking to the community of the game. A clear example of how some certain AAA companies should deal with their fanbase and customers. Happy to belong to the GGG family now.

This hardly counts as "talking." It's just a very limited interview, when it comes to actually discussing anything in an open context, that pretty much doesn't happen. As with various concerns I've seen expressed recently which generally go completely ignored. They're not really any more responsive to most of the player base than most AAA companies are.

Case in point: the black screen plop incident, where players who were unable to play for over 2 weeks got nothing more than "we're looking into it" until one of them got so fed up he devised a hack to intervene in the game's misuse of DirectX himself to fix it. Then they finally incorporated his fix into a patch, but never so much as acknowledged in the patch notes that the bug existed, despite hundreds+ being affected for weeks. That's not talking with the community, that's ignoring problems as much as possible.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
Joaoperals wrote:

This hardly counts as "talking." It's just a very limited interview, when it comes to actually discussing anything in an open context, that pretty much doesn't happen. As with various concerns I've seen expressed recently which generally go completely ignored. They're not really any more responsive to most of the player base than most AAA companies are.

Case in point: the black screen plop incident, where players who were unable to play for over 2 weeks got nothing more than "we're looking into it" until one of them got so fed up he devised a hack to intervene in the game's misuse of DirectX himself to fix it. Then they finally incorporated his fix into a patch, but never so much as acknowledged in the patch notes that the bug existed, despite hundreds+ being affected for weeks. That's not talking with the community, that's ignoring problems as much as possible.

Nice to see you're consistent.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:

Shall we compare Electronic Arts and Blizzard with, say, Nintendo? Or is that necessary? Can we consider Riot a AAA, or is having the most popular video game on the planet not enough to qualify?
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

Shall we compare Electronic Arts and Blizzard with, say, Nintendo? Or is that necessary? Can we consider Riot a AAA, or is having the most popular video game on the planet not enough to qualify?

I'm not comparing anything to anything. I'm just amused by your incessant harping on this one issue. Everywhere.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 1, 2017, 1:11:44 AM
"
TheLastZica wrote:
until one of them got so fed up he devised a hack to intervene in the game's misuse of DirectX himself to fix it. Then they finally incorporated his fix into a patch, but never so much as acknowledged in the patch notes that the bug existed

got some sources on that client hack before somebody believes the story?
"
vio wrote:
"
TheLastZica wrote:
until one of them got so fed up he devised a hack to intervene in the game's misuse of DirectX himself to fix it. Then they finally incorporated his fix into a patch, but never so much as acknowledged in the patch notes that the bug existed

Hundreds of people at a minimum already do seeing as they've participated in relevant threads, and had you made any effort at all to find the relevant threads (there are quite a few) you would have already seen it too. But since you didn't...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

It's all right there, plain and simple. And GGG is generally avoiding even acknowledging the issue as much as possible.

At least one of the other threads on this topic has like 20 pages. That give you an idea of the scope of this problem?
"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
TheLastZica wrote:

Hundreds of people at a minimum already do seeing as they've participated in relevant threads, and had you made any effort at all to find the relevant threads (there are quite a few) you would have already seen it too. But since you didn't...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

It's all right there, plain and simple. And GGG is generally avoiding even acknowledging the issue as much as possible.

At least one of the other threads on this topic has like 20 pages. That give you an idea of the scope of this problem?

kind of missed it, thanks for the link.

edit: well, checked the source code and are wondering if adding --nodx9ex as command line parameter wouldn't also have fixed the problem as he just forces the use of 2 parameters which shut off experimental optimisations, the same --nodx9ex imho does.
Last edited by vio on Jan 2, 2017, 4:51:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info