[2.6] Crit BF HoWAquisitor [1300 INT, 67k tooltip, 13k ES, Stun immunity] NO SKYFORTH/ASTRA

Oh wow invalesco aka (the source) you are back glad to see you just realized it today. Loved your theory crafting and missed it a lot. This post is a bit off topic i hope you dont mind take it as free bump. I heard you went for a medical study? How did it go?

I was curious how you see the current meta as PoE seem to divide the playerbase recently a lot.
To put it a bit exaggerated there are the board game fanatics which think the game can not be slow enough and there are the cleaspeed fanatics who love breach and all the mechanics around it. Where do you stand?

Edit: i have seen how you demolished this delusional shadow guide pleb good job. But the truth is 95% of build guides now a days are click baits and claiming they are best in everything sad times...
Last edited by zzang on Feb 2, 2017, 4:55:37 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
@Invalesco

Thanks for the guide. I'm thinking about trying this or the Raider variant, however, I don't have a Vinktar flask. Moreover, as I play SSF, unless I get a chance at the map, I probably won't get one. So, is it necessary, or is there a workaround?

Many thanks.

Hey! Nope Vinktar's isn't really neccessary. It's more of a damage booster. You can use an atziri flask in its place as a workaround for slightly more dps/leech and have a topaz flask ready to pop at anytime if you're fighting a reflect mob.

Do you already have the HoWAs or their predecessor ready in hand though? Because if you don't, I suspect that obtaining them will be your main problem as SSF, and not Vinktars.

Inquisitor vs Raider is really a matter of gameplay choice/preference. Raider is more fast-paced and offers great QOL with elemental status immunity. Inquisitor doesn't give a damn about resists on bosses/rares/maps and just kills everything with impunity.

Thanks for the reply. I have the HoWAs and most of the other items, just missing the Vinktar and a Brute Force jewel. I was running a Binos BF Raider but I just couldn't get the DPS, probably because of a bad 'stat stick'/off-hand weapon. I'll probably go Inquisitor just for a change :)

Thanks again.
"
Kellog wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have the HoWAs and most of the other items, just missing the Vinktar and a Brute Force jewel. I was running a Binos BF Raider but I just couldn't get the DPS, probably because of a bad 'stat stick'/off-hand weapon. I'll probably go Inquisitor just for a change :)

Thanks again.

You're welcome! :)

"
zzang wrote:
Oh wow invalesco aka (the source) you are back glad to see you just realized it today. Loved your theory crafting and missed it a lot. This post is a bit off topic i hope you dont mind take it as free bump. I heard you went for a medical study? How did it go?

I was curious how you see the current meta as PoE seem to divide the playerbase recently a lot.
To put it a bit exaggerated there are the board game fanatics which think the game can not be slow enough and there are the cleaspeed fanatics who love breach and all the mechanics around it. Where do you stand?

Edit: i have seen how you demolished this delusional shadow guide pleb good job. But the truth is 95% of build guides now a days are click baits and claiming they are best in everything sad times...

Thanks! Medical studies went well! Am a 2nd year doc at the moment :)

I kinda liked it how the way it was before back in CB when there were relatively fewer AoE attack-based skills that could also function as excellent single-target dps skills. Each character also made use of more skills back then compared to now, where most builds are just single button spam builds.

With regards to the clear speed.. Well it was inevitable that it would end up this way from the way the game was being balanced.

I did debate with kripp with regards to elemental vs physical damage a number of years ago and how it was well balanced as it was:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1c19ck/kripparrian_why_physical_damage_sucks/

However, GGG decided to buff physical damage anyway resulting in physical damage becoming too strong. After that, they had to balance things around the new dps numbers and buff other stuff, and since then it has become a vicious cycle of buff eveything until dps figures went up the roof and we have all these ridiculous dps figures and clear speeds that we see today.

I think a nice balance is necessary. Right now the game does admittedly feel a little too fast at times, but the gaming experience can also be adjusted somewhat by the kind of build you choose play. Personally I no longer care as much as I used to. I just play and have fun however and wherever I can. Once I stop finding it fun I'll probably just take another hiatus and find something else to do/play haha

Haha you noticed that thread! Thanks! I don't actually mind if build guides are a little click baity.. We're all guilty of it at times. What I can't stand is artificially inflated figures and deliberate spread of misinformation..
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hey, I respecced my vaal sparker into this and I've been thoroughly enjoying the high dps. However, I've been struggling to get my ES over 7k (and therefore getting oneshot by those big hits). What would you suggest in terms of what changes I could make in my tree/gear to get better ES without losing *too* much dps (until I get super high-end gear)? Thanks

Here's my character profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AssaultPotato_xirp/characters/
"
Hey, I respecced my vaal sparker into this and I've been thoroughly enjoying the high dps. However, I've been struggling to get my ES over 7k (and therefore getting oneshot by those big hits). What would you suggest in terms of what changes I could make in my tree/gear to get better ES without losing *too* much dps (until I get super high-end gear)? Thanks

Here's my character profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AssaultPotato_xirp/characters/

Hey! I'm not sure if anything much has changed since your message, but as I look at your character I'm getting 8.2k ES. If you need more ES you can consider respeccing the 2 templar AOE nodes into the ES nodes at witch (just below deep wisdom) and invest your next point into the 12% incr. ES node at witch (also below deep wisdom). That should bring your ES to 8.8k at least.

Out of all your gear. your gloves will probably be the easiest of the lot to upgrade. You may also at some point wish to respec the kraityn +8% to all resists once you get better gear.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
Hey! I'm not sure if anything much has changed since your message, but as I look at your character I'm getting 8.2k ES.

Yes, after making this post I had specced out of Assassination/Trickery/True Strike in order to pick up Deep Wisdom/Arcane Focus, which I had noticed you had mentioned in your passive tree notes from the OP

"
Invalesco wrote:
If you need more ES you can consider respeccing the 2 templar AOE nodes into the ES nodes at witch (just below deep wisdom) and invest your next point into the 12% incr. ES node at witch (also below deep wisdom). That should bring your ES to 8.8k at least.

Out of all your gear. your gloves will probably be the easiest of the lot to upgrade. You may also at some point wish to respec the kraityn +8% to all resists once you get better gear.

Thank you for the suggestions - all around solid advice that I'll definitely take into account

Awesome build man. Killed Shaper and Uber Atziri (not deathless but a better player can kill them deathless easily).

My Stats

ES : 10555 with discipline
Tooltip : 13k with aoe, 20k with conc (wrath on)

Gear

Spoiler
"
Ilhank wrote:
Awesome build man. Killed Shaper and Uber Atziri (not deathless but a better player can kill them deathless easily).

My Stats

ES : 10555 with discipline
Tooltip : 13k with aoe, 20k with conc (wrath on)

Gear

Spoiler

Glad to hear you had fun with it! :)
Build of the Week 14
How would it fare in hardcore? I made an fb totem dude for testing it (since it seems popular anyway) and turned out like a fail. For me,anyway. So i was looking for something good agaisnt boss (hardcore, im thinking crap boss like atziri,vinktar and breach,not chayula)

I was also wondering if you could upload a run on a map. Just wondering howsd the kill speed. Im not a fan of bladeflurry,never really tried one, but i really want to save this dude. I dont care just using 50regret to turn into this but yeah,im curious. Its good to see someone kill all these boss on softcore but im wondering how it fare in normal play.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
How would it fare in hardcore? I made an fb totem dude for testing it (since it seems popular anyway) and turned out like a fail. For me,anyway. So i was looking for something good agaisnt boss (hardcore, im thinking crap boss like atziri,vinktar and breach,not chayula)

I was also wondering if you could upload a run on a map. Just wondering howsd the kill speed. Im not a fan of bladeflurry,never really tried one, but i really want to save this dude. I dont care just using 50regret to turn into this but yeah,im curious. Its good to see someone kill all these boss on softcore but im wondering how it fare in normal play.

I'll try to do that once i get back home and swap my raider gear over to my inquisitor. Hardcore shouldn't be a problem, although I would sacrifice some dps for ES nodes. If you wish to have a look at what the clear speed is like on blade flurry u can have a look at my raider version in the meantime. That said, raider has more APS/MS as compared to inquisitor so it will likely have a better clear speed.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info