[2.6] Crit BF HoWAquisitor [1300 INT, 67k tooltip, 13k ES, Stun immunity] NO SKYFORTH/ASTRA

"
spawn10459 wrote:
Ok i need some help.

We take the Conc Ground nodes but yet the wont provide any benefits because vaal pack.

So. Is it worth going this rout that provides little benefits

I agree that there will be 2 wasted attributes, ie the 2 x 0.5% life regen points. The ES regen does work though!

The choice of ascendancy points is entirely up to you. If you would like more dps and feel that the "unaffected by status ailments" is lacklustre/unnecessary, you are by all means welcome to go for augury of penitence and instruments of virtue which is the choice that will yield the highest dps.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hey man! I decided to make an inquisitor version crit ST using HoWA after loving the raider version. I think it could possibly be a step up from the current version im using (possibly)

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUVEAB4AAYBCQHnBfkNfA2NDkgRUBGWFfAV9hhdGYoaVRqPHNwi9CPTJP0o-ioLKjguUzLRNbk26DfUPO9DMUVHRmlGcUz_TipRR1fJW69d8l9qX7BhIWJ5aPJsC20ZbydvnnBScLt1y3cHf8aDCYTFhO-HE4nTjDaNfo8aj2CP-pAKkyeVzJcGmmqbtZykn8uhL6OKpHinK6cwrfG0DLiTuNm-ir6nwGbBxcHVwzrKSsrTzZjQ0NNv2sHdSN7451TqYuq66-7sGO0_7g722vlj-d37CfzF_943R2usKwoDHh9BES8ClpJuvFbSfO1hnHuouQxSAAAAAAA=

Here is the tree i modified from yours to fit the needs of spectral throw better.

Do you think it could be better? My current tooltip as raider is 110k GMP with frenzies and EO with 10k ES.
I think this jewelry might be good to use with it as well.
"
KiwiPumkin wrote:
Hey man! I decided to make an inquisitor version crit ST using HoWA after loving the raider version. I think it could possibly be a step up from the current version im using (possibly)

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPUVEAB4AAYBCQHnBfkNfA2NDkgRUBGWFfAV9hhdGYoaVRqPHNwi9CPTJP0o-ioLKjguUzLRNbk26DfUPO9DMUVHRmlGcUz_TipRR1fJW69d8l9qX7BhIWJ5aPJsC20ZbydvnnBScLt1y3cHf8aDCYTFhO-HE4nTjDaNfo8aj2CP-pAKkyeVzJcGmmqbtZykn8uhL6OKpHinK6cwrfG0DLiTuNm-ir6nwGbBxcHVwzrKSsrTzZjQ0NNv2sHdSN7451TqYuq66-7sGO0_7g722vlj-d37CfzF_943R2usKwoDHh9BES8ClpJuvFbSfO1hnHuouQxSAAAAAAA=

Here is the tree i modified from yours to fit the needs of spectral throw better.

Do you think it could be better? My current tooltip as raider is 110k GMP with frenzies and EO with 10k ES.
I think this jewelry might be good to use with it as well.

That is a very nice ring!

Personally, I think raider is more suited for ST because of the projectile nodes near the start. Also, crit mods on jewels are better suited for blade flurry rather than ST because of the melee critical multiplier mods that can spawn on jewels. There isn't any projectile/ST equivalent so it'll be tougher to find the jewels.

If you still want to go inquis crit ST though, I'd probably go for something along the lines of:
Build of the Week 14
Great guide.

I've got two major problems with your build though:

I like the US route you took to avoid Skyforth, but going as far as taking Pious Path, which is a clunky unreliable mechanic that encourages static gameplay for a nimble build, just to avoid freeze (because cmon, the other two aren't the issue) status ailment? Isn't just way better to take the other dps nodes and fit in an Auxium? That's one.

The second issue is related to the ascendancy points: Blood Rage for a CI character? On HC? I really don't know how to understand this, even if you are relying on some regen from Pious Path. Looks like suicidal and/or a very annoying way to force you to swap weapons in the middle of a map, let alone it's completely useless in boss fights.

Also, mind posting your critical chance? Dind't see it anywhere, curious about it.
"
Harmona wrote:
Great guide.

I've got two major problems with your build though:

I like the US route you took to avoid Skyforth, but going as far as taking Pious Path, which is a clunky unreliable mechanic that encourages static gameplay for a nimble build, just to avoid freeze (because cmon, the other two aren't the issue) status ailment? Isn't just way better to take the other dps nodes and fit in an Auxium? That's one.

The second issue is related to the ascendancy points: Blood Rage for a CI character? On HC? I really don't know how to understand this, even if you are relying on some regen from Pious Path. Looks like suicidal and/or a very annoying way to force you to swap weapons in the middle of a map, let alone it's completely useless in boss fights.

Also, mind posting your critical chance? Dind't see it anywhere, curious about it.

Hey thanks!

I agree with your analysis on both counts.

I came to inquisitor having come from raider HoWA, and I really loved the QOL provided by status ailment avoidance. I tried to replicate it for inquisitor but found it really lacking in comparison to raider.

My reasons for taking pious path is as you've mentioned.
1. Some form of QOL for status ailment avoidance.
2. Some regen to counteract BR during general mapping.

1. As you've mentioned, Pious Path is a clunky mechanic. I've been meaning to make it less clunky by making use of the Gifts from Above Diamond Ring but haven't gotten round to doing that yet. In its current state without the ring, I still find it useful in general mapping but more so in breaches when mobs are aplenty and there's a higher chance of generating consecrated ground without limiting your character in terms of its nimbleness and having some form of protection against shock and frozen/chilled without having to keep a flask activated all the time. I did consider Auxium but the dps it provides is weak, it has no res, and it doesn't provide chill/freeze immunity, just resistance. I would still use a flask anyway, and I'm sure you would too.

2. I kinda copy-pasted my guide from raider (which was initially designed for HC) :guilty look: and didn't think about removing the HC part. I have blood rage linked to lesser duration (and lightning warp) so it lasts about 4-5 seconds before running out (assuming I don't swap weapons). I have weapon swap macro-ed to one of my mouse key buttons so it is actually really easy to weapon swap x2 for me. I can do it within 0.5s, and unless you have high ping --> 150ms++, I would recommend trying it out. To be honest with you, I actually find it reasonably useful during boss fights for that little bit of attack speed boost. (you don't need souls for it unlike vaal haste). Granted, you won't benefit from the frenzy charges if the bosses have no adds, but the almost free attack speed boost is a nice plus if you're going to be almost constantly leeching.

That said, I can understand most HC players not wanting to use it. (I think the last time I used blood rage in HC was when it was still dealing chaos damage over time). I'll remove the HC portion from the guide.

I think my stats (from a long time ago) are in this post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1806782#p14060715

I haven't actually touched this character for a bit as I missed my crit howa raider's elemental status immunity and so have since returned to level the raider. The DPS on the inquisitor should be significantly higher now were I to use my raider's gear on it, seeing as my raider is now able to hit 34k with incr. aoe and lightning pen.

Thanks for the critique!
Build of the Week 14
Currently sitting at 11k Avg Dmg and 6.9Aps with 10k ES with Wrath Disc and HoT. Any advice on gear?
Spoiler
"
oregoncrete wrote:
Currently sitting at 11k Avg Dmg and 6.9Aps with 10k ES with Wrath Disc and HoT. Any advice on gear?
Spoiler

Hey! Nice claws! The first thing I would do is to swap astramentis for a rare amulet with >31% WED, >31% crit multiplier and >40 dex and >40 int with a slot available for %ES crafting. Next up would be to get a belt with %WED on it with the same resists. Intelligence on a belt isn't necessary until your resists are sorted.

Your chest is great, I wouldn't upgrade that just yet.
Your boots are ok, I think you can still exalt them another time for a potential shot at another res.

Your helm shouldn't be too difficult to upgrade. Just aim to get one with similar int but higher ES.
Your gloves are ok in terms of ES and accuracy. No int however, but dex is a bonus.

I think your rings can both still be improved. Rage Eye will probably be easier to upgrade compared to Havoc Band. If you wish to use Havoc Band long term, I'd advice removing the lightning damage craft and crafting %ES on it instead.

Your ES is fine for now, but try to get it slightly higher. Once you are able to get a better ES helm and are able to craft %ES on your jewellery, aim to respec the 6 points that were invested into deep wisdom and arcane focus into jewel sockets instead. (I just added another potential tree into the End-Game tree section that you can use as a guide). That should then bring your DPS up.

Your rare jewels can be improved much further. Aim for jewels with %attack speed + two crit multi mods. Those should improve your DPS much more than your current jewels.

In terms of upgrade priority/convenience I'd say:
1. Upgrade jewels first
2. Change amulet, craft %ES on it
3. Upgrade belt
4. Upgrade helm
5. Upgrade rage eye ring, craft %ES on Havoc Band or upgrade it
6. Respec the 6 points invested into arcane focus and deep wisdom into the jewel sockets as shown in the tree.
Build of the Week 14
Spoiler
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:
Spoiler

Hey! Nice claws! The first thing I would do is to swap astramentis for a rare amulet with >31% WED, >31% crit multiplier and >40 dex and >40 int with a slot available for %ES crafting. Next up would be to get a belt with %WED on it with the same resists. Intelligence on a belt isn't necessary until your resists are sorted.

Your chest is great, I wouldn't upgrade that just yet.
Your boots are ok, I think you can still exalt them another time for a potential shot at another res.

Your helm shouldn't be too difficult to upgrade. Just aim to get one with similar int but higher ES.
Your gloves are ok in terms of ES and accuracy. No int however, but dex is a bonus.

I think your rings can both still be improved. Rage Eye will probably be easier to upgrade compared to Havoc Band. If you wish to use Havoc Band long term, I'd advice removing the lightning damage craft and crafting %ES on it instead.

Your ES is fine for now, but try to get it slightly higher. Once you are able to get a better ES helm and are able to craft %ES on your jewellery, aim to respec the 6 points that were invested into deep wisdom and arcane focus into jewel sockets instead. (I just added another potential tree into the End-Game tree section that you can use as a guide). That should then bring your DPS up.

Your rare jewels can be improved much further. Aim for jewels with %attack speed + two crit multi mods. Those should improve your DPS much more than your current jewels.

In terms of upgrade priority/convenience I'd say:
1. Upgrade jewels first
2. Change amulet, craft %ES on it
3. Upgrade belt
4. Upgrade helm
5. Upgrade rage eye ring, craft %ES on Havoc Band or upgrade it
6. Respec the 6 points invested into arcane focus and deep wisdom into the jewel sockets as shown in the tree.

Thank you for the quick response. I'll focus on the first few suggestions and work from there!
@Invalesco

Thanks for the guide. I'm thinking about trying this or the Raider variant, however, I don't have a Vinktar flask. Moreover, as I play SSF, unless I get a chance at the map, I probably won't get one. So, is it necessary, or is there a workaround?

Many thanks.
"
Kellog wrote:
@Invalesco

Thanks for the guide. I'm thinking about trying this or the Raider variant, however, I don't have a Vinktar flask. Moreover, as I play SSF, unless I get a chance at the map, I probably won't get one. So, is it necessary, or is there a workaround?

Many thanks.

Hey! Nope Vinktar's isn't really neccessary. It's more of a damage booster. You can use an atziri flask in its place as a workaround for slightly more dps/leech and have a topaz flask ready to pop at anytime if you're fighting a reflect mob.

Do you already have the HoWAs or their predecessor ready in hand though? Because if you don't, I suspect that obtaining them will be your main problem as SSF, and not Vinktars.

Inquisitor vs Raider is really a matter of gameplay choice/preference. Raider is more fast-paced and offers great QOL with elemental status immunity. Inquisitor doesn't give a damn about resists on bosses/rares/maps and just kills everything with impunity.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info