[2.6] Crit BF HoWAquisitor [1300 INT, 67k tooltip, 13k ES, Stun immunity] NO SKYFORTH/ASTRA

Interesting build. If you were ele capped else where would you still want rare gloves? There are a lot of crit focused unique gloves that would work well. Atziri maligaro shadow and dust etc.

Also if you happened to have skyforth and astro would you use them? forgetting the cost factor. I might be inclined to drop blasphemy use oos for cursing use some more uniques and add purity of lightning to shore up res and also take the edge off reflect which I assume could kill you in a party unless you hit vinktar.

Speaking if vinktar does con.ground negate the self shock?

I recomend trying cotb too I ran it with arc and was freezing lower hp bosses (not perma) in t14s mind im not sure how big each of your hits are. Even forgetting that shattering mobs totally nulifies DD porcupines necrovige packs and the 2nd spawn of crabs. Perhaps use one for clearing packs and swap out on bosses where you know it wont work. It is I might add still usefull against guardians/shaper as it will freeze the adds
"
LtTrog wrote:
Interesting build. If you were ele capped else where would you still want rare gloves? There are a lot of crit focused unique gloves that would work well. Atziri maligaro shadow and dust etc.

Also if you happened to have skyforth and astro would you use them? forgetting the cost factor. I might be inclined to drop blasphemy use oos for cursing use some more uniques and add purity of lightning to shore up res and also take the edge off reflect which I assume could kill you in a party unless you hit vinktar.

Speaking if vinktar does con.ground negate the self shock?

I recomend trying cotb too I ran it with arc and was freezing lower hp bosses (not perma) in t14s mind im not sure how big each of your hits are. Even forgetting that shattering mobs totally nulifies DD porcupines necrovige packs and the 2nd spawn of crabs. Perhaps use one for clearing packs and swap out on bosses where you know it wont work. It is I might add still usefull against guardians/shaper as it will freeze the adds

Thanks! I still prefer rare gloves though, albeit ones with +accuracy, attack speed and high int. because i personally feel ES is very important too.

Astramentis is weaker than a good rare ammy for a crit-based build. If I happened to have skyforths I probably wouldn't be able to use it in a HoWA build tbh because then I'll be forced to build around power charges rather than HoWA and I personally feel that that would be suboptimal.

Yeah OOS can be used in place of blasphemy. A herald or a purity can then be used as per your preference.

Consecrated ground does not negate the shock from Vinktars unfortunately. It does however prevent you from being shocked if you happen to be on consecrated ground at the time of popping vinktars.

Hmmm that's interesting, I'll try out CoTB when I get it, thanks for the suggestion!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hello going to try this build, first time using inquisitor, if I go with instrument of virtue how to I activate it? What spell can consistent cast every few seconds?
Also your last post mention about OOS and not needing to use blastemy, what's OOS? Sorry for the nub questions
"
sivertry wrote:
Hello going to try this build, first time using inquisitor, if I go with instrument of virtue how to I activate it? What spell can consistent cast every few seconds?
Also your last post mention about OOS and not needing to use blastemy, what's OOS? Sorry for the nub questions

Hey, OOS is orb of storms. If you go with IoV and Augury of Penitence, your potential dps will already be higher than my pious path version without having to activate the bonus attack damage portion of IoV. You likely won't need it for the usual map mobs but you can choose to activate it for boss fights by casting orb of storms which will also generate power charges for you during boss fights
Build of the Week 14
Well, its been a good one while it lasted.

Gear:

"

Flasks:

"

Jewels:

"

Same build but Instruments + Augury version
Hey Invalesco! Man, had fun back reading and seeing you still got it haha! Its what they say, can't beat the classics (no pun intended xD).

Now onto my point, I'm having a struggle between going crit BF inqui or non crit ST raider. I would like to hear your opinion on both of these builds. Thanks in advance.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
Teplokot wrote:
Well, its been a good one while it lasted.

Gear:

"

Flasks:

"

Jewels:

"

Same build but Instruments + Augury version

Hope you had fun! Interesting that you used headhunter, I'll probably have to try that out some time!

"
haxers wrote:
Hey Invalesco! Man, had fun back reading and seeing you still got it haha! Its what they say, can't beat the classics (no pun intended xD).

Now onto my point, I'm having a struggle between going crit BF inqui or non crit ST raider. I would like to hear your opinion on both of these builds. Thanks in advance.

Hey! haha thanks! :D

I had a hard time deciding as well so ended up trying out both a crit BF inquis and a non-crit BF raider. I chose the middle path in the end and built crit BF raider instead!

Between the 2 skills, some would argue that ST has a faster map clear speed than BF, but personally I feel that if your BF can one to two shot mobs, your playstyle will end up being whirl, attack (1 x attack = 2 x BF hits at least because of the post-channeling release portion of the spell), whirl attack which isn't that much different from ST anyway and probably won't lose by too large a margin. BF will have higher killing speed for bosses as compared to ST (especially non-crit ST).

Between inquisitor and raider, inquisitor will have the higher DPS (especially if you go Augury of Penitence) and can run all the +ele resist modded maps in the world with impunity. Raider does however have elemental status immunity (which is better than inquis's pious path) and has higher movement speed which does make it a joy to play.

Personally, I'm having a lot of fun with my crit BF raider atm.
Build of the Week 14
Thank you for sharing your insight. Seems like I need to factor different things as well depending on my liking. Thanks again.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Jan 19, 2017, 12:29:59 AM
"
haxers wrote:
Thank you for sharing your insight. Seems like I need to factor different things as well depending on my liking. Thanks again.

You're welcome! Another thing I would mention is that ST requires much higher mana consumption as compared to BF.
Build of the Week 14
Ok i need some help.

We take the Conc Ground nodes but yet the wont provide any benefits because vaal pack.

So. Is it worth going this rout that provides little benefits

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info