2.5 Golem Elementalist, Shaper Down, Uber Atziri Down

I am testing the Broken Faith Archon Kite Shield for bosses at the moment in replace of Victario's, +30% more damage when you have no energy shield. Thoughts?
"
Gottreich wrote:
I am testing the Broken Faith Archon Kite Shield for bosses at the moment in replace of Victario's, +30% more damage when you have no energy shield. Thoughts?

3frenzy mean u have Dmg x 1.12 x 1.12 which is Dmg x 1.44, better than 30% which is 1.3
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
Has anyone looked into corrupting the shield?

Poeaffix says it can get:
iLvl 1: +1 to Level of Gems in this item
iLvl 61: Grants level 16 Discipline Skill
iLvl 61: Grants level 16 Grace Skill
iLvl 61: Grants level 16 Determination Skill

I would be after the L16 skills for extra mitigation
Last edited by Gottreich on Dec 29, 2016, 11:14:51 AM
^^ youre going to need a lot of unreserved mana to run another aura.
the +1 could be nice but will depend on how your resists are.
"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:
"
KinGGaiA wrote:

quick math on that:

6 flame golems = 600 DPS (lets say 1 flame golem does 100 DPS)
6 flame golems + 9x harmony (180) = 1 680 DPS
5 flame golems + 9x harmony (360) = 2 300 DPS
4 flame golems + 9x harmony (540) = 2 560 DPS
3 flame golems + 9x harmony (720) = 2 460 DPS

that right, never go full flame golem
math explain here:

-u have 6 max golem (2clayshaper)
-each golem deal X dmg
-9 jewel bonus 180% golem dmg per golem type (u can invest more jewel but normal, let say 9 as i planing)

so the dmg output will be: X*(number of flame golem)*(number golem type)*180%
1/ 6flame, 1type = X*6*1*180% = X*1080%
2/ 5flame, 2type = X*5*2*180% = X*1800%
3/ 4flame, 3type = X*4*3*180% = X*2160% *
4/ 3flame, 4type = X*3*4*180% = X*1620%
5/ 2flame, 5type = X*2*5*180% = X*1800%
6/ 1flame, 6type = only 5 golem type so math stop here...

yep, the best result is 4flame golem and 2 other golem (your choice, if go uber queen or shaper put ice and light so they will not die during boss fight, normal map i think stone golem or chaos better)

The math here is not quite right.

You stated:

However, they both net X*2160 where X is the base damage of a single fire golem. (When only multiplying a line of numbers, order of operations ceases to matter). So that makes them SEEM equal on damage. But this only takes into account your flame golem's damage and nothing else. You net a new golem, which increases the buffs to you (ie. I'm able to get a reduction from phys dmg from a chaos golem I wouldn't have otherwise) AND, the above math assumes the other golems do a net zero of damage, which is also not the case. Both the chaos and stone golem can 1 shot a pack of whites in high tier maps easily with the 720% dmg multiplier on their aoe skills as well as tank and aggro monsters that would otherwise get in the face of the flamers causing them to not use their fireball bombardment skill. Many times those 2 golems have held bosses at a distance for me to allow my flame golems to spend more time using their most powerful skill.

The lightning golem is just there to blind/cull/mf which is great on bosses and in breaches.

As for the shield, I'm not sure that it beats the damage boost from an extra golem, but I haven't really sat down to do the math to prove it. I'd love to see valid math on that, but my guess is that 3 frenzy charges (all you'll maintain on bosses, the only place you actually need extra dps) won't give more damage than an extra golem, either flame or buffed from harmonies.
"
Smooshfaced wrote:

The math here is not quite right.

You stated:

my bad, edited it, but the choice is still 4flame golem and 2 other type (clear speed better)

"
Smooshfaced wrote:

However, they both net X*2160 where X is the base damage of a single fire golem. (When only multiplying a line of numbers, order of operations ceases to matter). So that makes them SEEM equal on damage. But this only takes into account your flame golem's damage and nothing else. You net a new golem, which increases the buffs to you (ie. I'm able to get a reduction from phys dmg from a chaos golem I wouldn't have otherwise) AND, the above math assumes the other golems do a net zero of damage, which is also not the case. Both the chaos and stone golem can 1 shot a pack of whites in high tier maps easily with the 720% dmg multiplier on their aoe skills as well as tank and aggro monsters that would otherwise get in the face of the flamers causing them to not use their fireball bombardment skill. Many times those 2 golems have held bosses at a distance for me to allow my flame golems to spend more time using their most powerful skill.

The lightning golem is just there to blind/cull/mf which is great on bosses and in breaches.

As for the shield, I'm not sure that it beats the damage boost from an extra golem, but I haven't really sat down to do the math to prove it. I'd love to see valid math on that, but my guess is that 3 frenzy charges (all you'll maintain on bosses, the only place you actually need extra dps) won't give more damage than an extra golem, either flame or buffed from harmonies.

you right, that why when clear map i prefer take stone golem + chaos golem (life regen and phys dmg reduce)
only when u fight with heavy ele dmg boss or uber queen or shaper, lightning golem and ice golem is the only one can still alive even when u dead, so that personal choice

but when i only count X as flame golem dmg here just because them is the main dmg output since flame golem have 5 support gem for them, other golem dmg doesn't matter at all since flame golem shot too far and can 1 hit pack too

and surely shield will never beat an extra golem at dmg, but as i mention above, i can have 12s phasing with phase run (4frenzy, i pick frenzy at bandit merciless) which give me 80% reduce enemy vision (help me not often get hit) and boost movement speed (41% at 20% quality), personal choice, that why i love PoE :)
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
Last edited by vjru5zl0v3 on Dec 29, 2016, 11:34:06 PM
not sure if skin of loyal is better since i need trade my deffense for offense :/
i mean lightning coil + formless inferno can boost me about 30% physic dmg reduce (not inlcuded reduce from armor)
"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:

"
KinGGaiA wrote:

also victarios charity adds:
45% attack / cast speed
12% more damage
15% movementspeed
600% critchance (which leads to a 17.5% dmg increase)

i dont get it? what am i missing on that shield?
it give frenzy on hit, okay, 3 frenzy = 12% speed + 12% more dmg (frenzy doesn't bonus move speed) or u will say minion can have more than 3 frenzy?

Charges provide different bonuses on monsters and minions than they do on players. Monster and minions get

15% additional phys reduction and 15% to all ele res per endurance charge.
200% increased critical strike chance per power charge
and

15% cast and attack speed, 4% more dmg and 5% increased movementspeed per frenzy charge.

Minions and monsters, like players, have a default charge limit of 3.
oh god, it even stronger than i though...
so this shield is best for long time minion :)
yes, definitely. im perma farming shaper mostly deathless atm (if i die its because i do some really stupid shit) with victarios.

an epic side effect is that you have perma 3 frenzy charges without doing anything so you can take phase run + inc duration and have literally 100% uptime on phase run.

the only time you can get targeted is the split second where u recast phase run or recast totem / curse on hit etc.

also the chasing balls wont target you while phasing. the synergy from victarios + necro aegis + phase run for boss fights is stupid. i love it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info