[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
poec3m wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Weapon 6S / 2-5L BBBBR: Scorching Ray, Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus, Concentrated Effect, Controlled Destruction, Fire Penetration. For 5S drop CE. Icestorm does not require any links and automatically uses all support gems in the staff. Just link SR with CwC. Link the other blue gems to it whenever you can afford it for extra damage from SR. FP does nothing for SR, there is no reason to 6L the staff ever.

Concentrated effect not working with SR too? So i need only 6s/4l then? 5+ link completely useless? Cus i can afford it but looks like CE not working :l

it is working for icestorm, which is our main skill. it doesnt work for SR, yes, but SR is only a tool to dish out icestorms without having to invest into cast speed or mana.
"
poec3m wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Weapon 6S / 2-5L BBBBR: Scorching Ray, Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus, Concentrated Effect, Controlled Destruction, Fire Penetration. For 5S drop CE. Icestorm does not require any links and automatically uses all support gems in the staff. Just link SR with CwC. Link the other blue gems to it whenever you can afford it for extra damage from SR. FP does nothing for SR, there is no reason to 6L the staff ever.

Concentrated effect not working with SR too? So i need only 6s/4l then? 5+ link completely useless? Cus i can afford it but looks like CE not working :l

You are right, CE does nothing for SR and doesn't need to be linked to it. One less link then.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
poec3m wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

You are right, CE does nothing for SR and doesn't need to be linked to it. One less link then.

Thx for sharing build. Nice work.
if we add sr and cwc for your templar build.. must we change someting from passive tree..? thank you..
Last edited by blueangek on Jan 17, 2017, 4:00:07 PM
thank you for your clear explanation in leveling process. It helps me a ton while leveling as CI at 39. Usually, for another builds I only spec to CI around 60 but this one is diff and so far I pretty enjoy it.
Have all good gears from my HoW BF to try on this build.
Going changing a bit on passive tree.
1. Grap 3 nodes above witch tree for 50% avoid stun + 50% stun avoidance from lab enhancement ( merciless ) or 80% on on uber lab .
3. Instead of take Rite of Ruin, I will grab Cloaked in Savagery for massive leech when take savage hit ( which you did most of the time when vs boss).
What are your thoughts on this ?
Thanks.
New video: Hall of Grandmasters deathless full clear

Hall of Grandmasters is an awesome farm area IF you can clear it (hint: it drops sac frags and cards from Apex of Sacrifice/Alluring Abyss). It was very easy before 2.4 but then it got major upgrades and became much harder. Still, with some practice it can be cleared relatively easily with this build.

Bring flasks against everything: curse, ignite, shock, freeze, bleed. Chemist Sulphur (15/60) is the best because you don't get a lot of charges there, and the extra damage buff is nice.

Use the LL setup, and AoE instead of CE. Area coverage and leech is really important there, tooltip damage is not.

Pre-cast Icestorm at the center point of each wave before triggering it. If there are statues: take 1 step forward to trigger the wave and move behind a statue. If no statues: leap forward to apply the curses faster.

Almost everything dies quickly, although in waves 9-10 they can sometimes get a lucky crit and 1-shot you before dying. But there are two special cases:

Kriath (wave 5-6): very strong CWDT retalliation with Fireball (MTX), Ethereal Knives (MTX) and Freezing Pulse. If you are not behind a statue, get away quickly. He is easy to kill from a distance and usually dies to the pre-cast Icestorms.

mull_gubben (wave 9-10): max block, impossible to leech from, destroys you with CWDT abilities for hitting him. DO NOT HIT HIM. Get away as fast as you can and kill him with Scorching Ray unlinked from Icestorm (no CwC). I bring a swap staff just for mull_gubben:

Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 20, 2017, 4:31:03 AM
Hi sir!
Very nice build, i really like it and i having fun so much.

I have a question now, im able to do at least t15 without problem, but i have really low dps compared to you, and i cant find the problem at all :/ my tooltip in my HO is 6200, the half that you have, i have almost 1500 int, capped resis and 8200 shield with disc, survival is not a problem but im lacking of dps a lot, what do you think?
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
Hi sir!
Very nice build, i really like it and i having fun so much.

I have a question now, im able to do at least t15 without problem, but i have really low dps compared to you, and i cant find the problem at all :/ my tooltip in my HO is 6200, the half that you have, i have almost 1500 int, capped resis and 8200 shield with disc, survival is not a problem but im lacking of dps a lot, what do you think?

1. Your rare cobalt jewels are very weak, you are missing something like 150% increased damage from just the jewels. See Gear-Jewels.
2. You are missing 1 jewel socket (get it next level).
3. Your DPS gems are 19/0. Mine are 21/20.

It all adds up to literally twice the damage.
kelvynn have u thought about getting other dps gem than elemental proliferation to take advantage of ignite damage
Last edited by perrocat on Jan 22, 2017, 12:53:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info