[2.5] Arly's HoWA raider

Introduction: Not going to be a formal guide, just a brief outline of the build but should have everything you need to complete the build. The goal of the build is to clear T16 maps as quickly and efficiently as possible.

There are only 3 metrics I consider meaningful for judging a build's success:
-Total time to clear any t16 map - 100 seconds or less is ideal
-Death ratio over the long run - Should be extremely low in order to progress to level 98+
-Power after factoring in cost

Pro's:
-63% lightning penetration with vinktar's - mostly ignores elemental resistances
-High mobility

Con's:
-ES gear is expensive
-Relies on meta uniques

Build video:
======================================
Blade flurry- 1:31 T16 map clear
Spectral throw- 1:33 T16 map clear
Spectral throw- 1:45 T16 map clear - 41 pack size
Lightning strike- 1:47 T16 map clear
======================================

Bandit quest:
Normal: Passive
Cruel: 8 ias
Merciless: Frenzy charges
Ascendancy: Way of poacher - > Avatar of slaughter -> Quartz infusion -> Avatar of the veil

Blade flurry tree

Blade flurry tree - without skyforth and legacy vinktar

Spectral throw tree

gear

How to build the character

Gem links
Spectral: ST+ WED + elemental focus + light pene + GMP + faster attacks
Blade flurry: BF + WED + elemental focus + light pene + iAoe + faster attacks

Whirling blades + faster attacks + culling strike + fortify
Enlighten + wrath + discipline + ancestral protector
Artic armour + enlighten + lightning golem + blind
IC + Cwdt + increased duration
Vaal disc + Vaal haste + increased duration

-You will want intelligence on every gear slot possible, you will net 24% on your investment and every point not only increases your ES% but also your dps. WED is extremely crucial for pushing your damage.
-Scaling dex is not worthwhile unless its 'free' as you get a tiny gain from it.
-You will need accuracy on ideally 2 if your gear pieces totally 600.
-You will need to use 2 fertile mind jewels to convert dex to intelligence - one near ranger and the other near shadow.
-You can build the char as T16 burst dps- meaning you kill the t16 boss in 2-4 flask usages (with a portal back to town if needed) or you can build it as a skirmisher if you opt to take the leech cluster near duelist and vaal pact. Time wise, it is actually faster to go back to town to recharge flask and then kill the boss on the return trip with your much higher base DPS than to dance around and fight him conventionally.
-The build is not intended to farm shaper but some minor adjustments will allow it to do - just take VP and the duelist leech cluster.
-On a fresh league, VP will be mandatory due to lack of instant leech on vinktar's.

What to look for on jewels:
Blade flurry jewels

Spectral throw jewels
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 29, 2016, 11:00:48 PM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2017, 10:46:05 AM
very nice !
Can you link tree ?
Last edited by uzi777 on Dec 27, 2016, 2:19:53 PM
Not a guide or an outline or anything other than "show-offy".

Bandits Oak, yet is CI build. Ridiculous gear, and to top it off just look at his map mods. Had no need to make own thread when there are countless others that are actual build guides for HoWA.
"
tjbui wrote:
Not a guide or an outline or anything other than "show-offy".

Bandits Oak, yet is CI build. Ridiculous gear, and to top it off just look at his map mods. Had no need to make own thread when there are countless others that are actual build guides for HoWA.

Your rudeness truly is appalling even for poe forums.

I had created this thread not even 1 day ago and used a template from my prior guide so excuse the small error in bandit points and the guide never said it was a budget build.

If you would like me to make videos on 56 pack size maps and monster damage sextants I can certainly try but the point of the videos is to show the build at it's maximum clear potential rather than a spoon feeder guide explaining every little detail. However, since it's the holidays, here is the run on a 41 pack size map:

Spectral throw- 1:45 T16 map clear - 41 pack size
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 27, 2016, 5:04:16 PM
Could you link your Blade Flurry tree aswell please?
Do you leech only through Atziri's Promise? Or did I overlook something?
IGN: Nuppimperator
hey, mind linking ur Blade flurry tree please, switched from ST to BF and ur BF vid seems nice.
"
nuppimperator wrote:
Do you leech only through Atziri's Promise? Or did I overlook something?

You will need an alternative tree if you do not have vinktar's to give you instant leech and if you dont want to rely on flasks for leech.

I posted an alternate tree with no legacy vinktar's and no skyforth.

"
hey, mind linking ur Blade flurry tree please, switched from ST to BF and ur BF vid seems nice.

I posted the link.

Which setup is better? BF or ST?
"
silaos wrote:
Which setup is better? BF or ST?

BF is the stronger skill mechanically but as you can see by the clear time, both can be made to run very quickly.

It's a matter of preference really.
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 28, 2016, 2:50:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info