[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

There is a version of this build with almost identical gear and tree that uses Blade Flurry instead of Spectral Throw. What do you think of pros and cons of both versions?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
sam6555 wrote:
Hi, I started this build..well a variation of it. Still non-crit. Though I was just following a guys profile who had made a youtube video. Mathil had also just started doing his HoWA ST build and was at lvl 83 with 30k hideout tool tip. Now he is crit, so that may have a little to do with it. But he had around 300 less int and WED than me, and my tool tip was a third of his, sitting at 10k. I saw this thread and you have 49k with a 6l and mention that your 6th only adds 8k, so that's still 41k. I did swap out my FA gem for Ele Focus earlier which set me to 16k, so that combined with a very minor tree respec (Depth Perception for Acuity) got me there.

Not too sure what I should do extra, I thought I had done well with my gear with searching for high int rolls and still capping res, I've done up to t10 maps fairly easily, but I've seen others just one-shot through their maps.

Here's my gear, is there anything screaming out badly? I am lacking jewel sockets outside of the two Fertiles and one Brute, but even so that wouldn't fill the gap from 16k > 41k.

I'm kinda new to this build currently at lvl 82 I think. You don't seem to have much +accuracy in your gear that might be a problem and every jewel can be like 2k-5k DPS so those are definitely important. I have like 360 accuracy from gear and still only 87% chance to hit.
Just a heads up for everybody interested in this build, the OP's "DPS screenshot" includes max active frenzy charges, just in case you were wondering why your tooltip DPS wasn't even close to his despite similar gear. I tested it in every capacity, I'm 99% positive that he had max frenzy charges up when he took those screenshots.

I'm cognizant of the fact that my gear isn't finished (only ST as a 20q, some pieces can use upgrades), but I also know for a fact that 20% quality on the relevant gems and faster attacks over Lpen won't add 20k dps to a tooltip.

Here's my gear for reference:

Here's a screenshot of tooltip DPS without frenzy charges:

And here's one with frenzy active:

OP should update the post to make that known. I personally was frustrated my DPS wasn't even close to his until I realized he didn't indicate the tooltip DPS was with frenzy charges up. I can only guess that he figured we would assume the tooltip screenshots were with frenzy stacks up. To the OP, if I'm wrong about this, please prove me wrong with a screenshot so I can attempt to understand whatever critical comprehension failure is leading me to believe this.

Additionally, I've found a number of changes to the skilltree that make a lot more sense than the OP's, at least to me personally. If anybody is interested, I can post my completed tree for further discussion.

As a personal note to the OP, thanks for writing this guide and I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I don't intend for this post to be a personal attack on you at all, and if it comes off that way, I apologize. I'm merely interested in optimizing the build and being forthcoming with my findings. Thanks for understanding.

"
Jadran wrote:
There is a version of this build with almost identical gear and tree that uses Blade Flurry instead of Spectral Throw. What do you think of pros and cons of both versions?

I believe the blade flurry version is better in most relevant capacities, although imo the spectral throw version is much more charming and nearly as effective. Others may disagree.
Last edited by naarou on Dec 31, 2016, 1:29:09 PM
"
naarou wrote:
Just a heads up for everybody interested in this build, the OP's "DPS screenshot" includes max active frenzy charges, just in case you were wondering why your tooltip DPS wasn't even close to his despite similar gear. I tested it in every capacity, I'm 99% positive that he had max frenzy charges up when he took those screenshots.

I'm cognizant of the fact that my gear isn't finished (only ST as a 20q, some pieces can use upgrades), but I also know for a fact that 20% quality on the relevant gems and faster attacks over Lpen won't add 20k dps to a tooltip.

OP should update the post to make that known. I personally was frustrated my DPS wasn't even close to his until I realized he didn't indicate the tooltip DPS was with frenzy charges up. I can only guess that he figured we would assume the tooltip screenshots were with frenzy stacks up. To the OP, if I'm wrong about this, please prove me wrong with a screenshot so I can attempt to understand whatever critical comprehension failure is leading me to believe this.

Additionally, I've found a number of changes to the skilltree that make a lot more sense than the OP's, at least to me personally. If anybody is interested, I can post my completed tree for further discussion.

As a personal note to the OP, thanks for writing this guide and I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I don't intend for this post to be a personal attack on you at all, and if it comes off that way, I apologize. I'm merely interested in optimizing the build and being forthcoming with my findings. Thanks for understanding.

"
Jadran wrote:

I believe the blade flurry version is better in most relevant capacities, although imo the spectral throw version is much more charming and nearly as effective. Others may disagree.

Could you post your tree?
"
naarou wrote:

"
Jadran wrote:

Could you post your tree and explain your changes to it? I am currently leveling this char and have not yet found any obvious passive nodes that are ineffective. Thanks in advance.
I was playing the BF version of this with a much different passive tree this one to be exact https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQX5Bx4M8g18DY0OSBEvEVARgRGWEdUV1xXwFyYZihnXGyUc3B1PIvQo-ilPKjgrCiy_Moky0TW5PAU9X0HQQzFFR0ZxRwZJUUmxS65M_04qUlNU_lZIVmNW-leXV8lX4loaW69d8l9qX3BfsGBBY3Bjp2wLbRlvnnfleoR_xoKbgwmDbYTFhq6Mdo8aj_qQCpMnk5WVLpXMlwaXlZf0mjubtZ48n9-hL6OKpcunCKcrrTOv67QMtMW4k73mvoq-p8BmwzPDOspKytPQrdDQ1ljXz9gk2Vvb591G4J_n6ukC6rrr7uwY7DjtIO0_7g7vfO-I8NX5M_k3-WP8xQ==

now I'm testing your skill tree because I got bored of playing BF lol but I lost about 300-400ES with removing
the DPS difference is noticeable between the two skills but ST is more fun to play here's my gear I can make improvements on rings. I need to swap out my flame golem for a lightning golem to see maybe a dps difference.

Last edited by travisiscool on Jan 1, 2017, 3:34:27 AM
Leveling was a breeze, but now after I reached Merc act 4 it is slowing down radically. My damage with the unblessed Hands is simply too low. Any tips for these last 6 levels until I can use HOWA?
"
Leveling was a breeze, but now after I reached Merc act 4 it is slowing down radically. My damage with the unblessed Hands is simply too low. Any tips for these last 6 levels until I can use HOWA?
Have u done the lab's cause they will drastically increase ur dps for frenzy charges.
"
Mecielle wrote:

Use Bladeflurry you shouldn't have any issues just replace GMP to faster attacks.
"
Mecielle wrote:

1. Buy decent starter gear with es, resists and int for 1-2c each
2. Farm lunris Temple 2 until you reach 65
3. Farm dried lake til 68.

I did this yesterday and 62 to 68 took me about 2,5h.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info