[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

Actually PB vs. SP is a good question...
One aspect that wasn't mentioned before is that with Slower Projectiles, you normaly hit the enemy at maximum range=you hit the enemy only once per attack.
while without slower projectiles, the projectile of one attack goes through the enemy and passes it again when it comes back. If the time between the 1st and the 2nd hit of the projectile is 0.3seconds or less, the 2nd hit will do dmg aswell (since an enemy can be hit only once every 0,3s per attack of ST)

That would mean...if the projectiles travel far enough behind the enemy, yould do double damage right?

for point blank:

at the point where the projectiles stop you got 0% more damage...now in combination with the theory above, your first hit of the attack deals lets say 20% more damage (for example your projectiles travel 100 units until they stop to return, your enemy stands 60 units away from you), the projectile stops, returns and hits the enemy at the same position again-> it deals 20% less damage on the second hit.
means yould gain nothing, IF the time between the 1st and 2nd hit of one projectile is above 0,3 seconds.

best results would be with slower projectiles and not targeting the enemy but a point behind him to make sure your projectiles hit twice.
"
Powerlenny wrote:
Actually PB vs. SP is a good question...
One aspect that wasn't mentioned before is that with Slower Projectiles, you normaly hit the enemy at maximum range=you hit the enemy only once per attack.
while without slower projectiles, the projectile of one attack goes through the enemy and passes it again when it comes back. If the time between the 1st and the 2nd hit of the projectile is 0.3seconds or less, the 2nd hit will do dmg aswell (since an enemy can be hit only once every 0,3s per attack of ST)

That would mean...if the projectiles travel far enough behind the enemy, yould do double damage right?

for point blank:

at the point where the projectiles stop you got 0% more damage...now in combination with the theory above, your first hit of the attack deals lets say 20% more damage (for example your projectiles travel 100 units until they stop to return, your enemy stands 60 units away from you), the projectile stops, returns and hits the enemy at the same position again-> it deals 20% less damage on the second hit.
means yould gain nothing, IF the time between the 1st and 2nd hit of one projectile is above 0,3 seconds.

best results would be with slower projectiles and not targeting the enemy but a point behind him to make sure your projectiles hit twice.

I don't know why you'd want to attack at max range while using SP. I attack while nearly on top of my target getting a hit at very close range and a return hit at maximum projectile travel range. If I need to move to avoid one-shot mechanics I just whirl out and then back in to sit on top of my target.
Interesting thanks guys.

So if we assume, in the way these gems are being used, Point Blank does no damage on the return of the projectile and the Slower Projectiles return hit is greater than 0.3s , we are looking at:

Slower Projectiles:
2 hits at 29% more and 10% increased damage = 58% more and 20% increased

Point Blank:
1 hit at 50% more and 48% increased damage

So we have:
8% more damage (SP) vs 28% increased damage (PB)
"
DoomLegion wrote:
Interesting thanks guys.

So if we assume, in the way these gems are being used, Point Blank does no damage on the return of the projectile and the Slower Projectiles return hit is greater than 0.3s , we are looking at:

Slower Projectiles:

Point Blank:

So we have:

The damage profile for point blank does not seem to be scaled to the attack you're using; rather it seems to be a flat distance scaling independent of attack.

Mark details the scaling here.

My guess is that, for ST w/ SP and no projectile speed enhancements, total projectile travel distance is greater than 35 units in which case a damage penalty would apply to the return hit. You'd need to estimate SP range though (I'd use some sort of regularly square tiled layout and compare ST w/ SP to known spell ranges), which can be tricky, since graphic display does not accurately reflect damage range (you could try a grid layout and entice mobs into range to make this guess work a bit more accurate).

Anyhow... bottom line is that the PB keystone is probably DPS neutral at best and the PB gem is almost certainly much worse than SP for single target damage.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 22, 2017, 9:19:23 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
DoomLegion wrote:
Interesting thanks guys.

Slower Projectiles:

Point Blank:

So we have:

The damage profile for point blank does not seem to be scaled to the attack you're using; rather it seems to be a flat distance scaling independent of attack.

My guess is that, for ST w/ SP and no projectile speed enhancements, total projectile travel distance is greater than 35 units in which case a damage penalty would apply to the return hit. You'd need to estimate SP range though (I'd use some sort of regularly square tiled layout and compare ST w/ SP to known spell ranges), which can be tricky, since graphic display does not accurately reflect damage range (you could try a grid layout and entice mobs into range to make this guess work a bit more accurate).

Anyhow... bottom line is that the PB keystone is probably DPS neutral at best and the PB gem is almost certainly much worse than SP for single target damage.

my ST has about 100 range

PB works like this

this means if you stand right in front of your enemy, your first hit of the projectile will do 150% dmg, the second only 50%. so total of 200% dmg, same like without Point blank.
with slower projectiles your first and second hits deal both 129% damage so 258% in total!
-> point blank is damage neutral in the best case, and even lower dmg when your target is more than 10 units away from you
I just switched my helm out to use the reduced deceleration enchant instead of the increased attackspeed, it really does feel better. On bosses with slower projectiles is where I see the most difference, but definately worth getting if you can find one.

"
Powerlenny wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
DoomLegion wrote:
Interesting thanks guys.

Slower Projectiles:

Point Blank:

So we have:

my ST has about 100 range

PB works like this

this means if you stand right in front of your enemy, your first hit of the projectile will do 150% dmg, the second only 50%. so total of 200% dmg, same like without Point blank.
with slower projectiles your first and second hits deal both 129% damage so 258% in total!
-> point blank is damage neutral in the best case, and even lower dmg when your target is more than 10 units away from you

Thanks for the science Powerlenny!
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
I just switched my helm out to use the reduced deceleration enchant instead of the increased attackspeed, it really does feel better. On bosses with slower projectiles is where I see the most difference, but definately worth getting if you can find one.

I use that enchant as well and its so much better for bosses. Wouldn't change it for any other enchant.
Hi guys,
I am doing this build atm with the following gear

Spoiler

I have cleared all maps upto tier 15 flawlessly, did phoenix with 1 death cause i wasnt aware of his mechanics and didnt dodge his one shot skill when he was charging, also did hydra with 1 death cause here i misplayed aswell. Still have to do minotaur and chimera, dont have those atm.

So I wanted to ask you guys what gear piece I could upgrade now? I have an Uber Atziri set together and was thinking of doing her but im pretty much new to end game content and Im not sure wether I would be able to do her and shaper perhaps aswell.

This is my skilltree which i changed a bit to my preference

Im sitting at 10k ES and 38k tooltip dps with lightning golem and wrath up. Id appreciate any advice and help.
Thank you.
Last edited by irgendwie09 on Jan 22, 2017, 8:06:11 PM
"
Brinstar4 wrote:
Can someone help me as to why my tooltip dps is so low compared to OPs? I mean i do good enough damage overall but it looks like i'm missing out on a ton of damage somewhere

Mine vs OP
Spoiler

Gear if it matters
Spoiler

I'm on a 5L but he has lightning penetration for the 6th which doesnt change tooltip dps
mmy int is 1119 and lvl 82 (there's not much left to get at that point, lvl 90 would get me like 6 int travel nodes) so i feel like i'm missing out on something obvious.

The build is crazy even with this problem, very nice life leech with a massive aoe = never drop below half health. super good for breaches

None of your gems in your armour are 20 quality.
Thats a shit load of damage right there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info