[2.6] Ms. Chieftain: The wave of Molten Destruction (T16 viable, Good lab runner)

"
ThorTheGray wrote:
@thorndeux

Looking at your tree I can't help but think that removing the points past vaal pact, removing the socket to the left and removing the evasion/% life nodes will allow you to path through herbalism down to Primeval Force which would provide you more increased life and more weapon elemental damage. Thoughts?

I'm also doing a molten strike dual sprinkler build. It's nice to see there are so many approaches to the passive tree layout.

Hey there, you must be looking at the wrong tree, as I am nowhere near Vaal Pact. This is my current tree. I would be interested to see your tree, though - was definitely thinking about going VP, but decided to embrace the Chieftain regen theme.
"
thorndeux wrote:
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
@thorndeux

Looking at your tree I can't help but think that removing the points past vaal pact, removing the socket to the left and removing the evasion/% life nodes will allow you to path through herbalism down to Primeval Force which would provide you more increased life and more weapon elemental damage. Thoughts?

I'm also doing a molten strike dual sprinkler build. It's nice to see there are so many approaches to the passive tree layout.

Hey there, you must be looking at the wrong tree, as I am nowhere near Vaal Pact. This is my current tree. I would be interested to see your tree, though - was definitely thinking about going VP, but decided to embrace the Chieftain regen theme.

Lol I feel silly now. I am on my mobile so my guess is the tree links aren't pasting into poe mate correctly. You can see my tree on my profile under Slam_Rag. I'm also not near vaal pact but I can see it being an option.
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
You can see my tree on my profile under Slam_Rag.

Nice, my tree is super similar to yours. The bottom part is basically identical, only I get unwavering stance where you don't. In the top part my pathing is a bit different and I don't go up to the Arsonist wheel - doesn't seem worth it.

"
ThorTheGray wrote:
I'm also not near vaal pact but I can see it being an option.

Yeah, that would be a different Ascendancy on the right or bottom side of the tree most likely. But will be difficult to make it work, as you need two strength jewel sockts for the Wildfires but you also want to convert dex to strength.

Edit: left/right weaknes... xD
Last edited by thorndeux on Mar 10, 2017, 7:35:52 PM
"
thorndeux wrote:

Nice, my tree is super similar to yours. The bottom part is basically identical, only I get unwavering stance where you don't. In the top part my pathing is a bit different and I don't go up to the Arsonist wheel - doesn't seem worth it.

I wasn't sure if going to the arsonist wheel was worth the points either. I figured adding increased fire would be good for our large fire damage pool but it's probably not worth the points. I think I will be regretting those points and doing something similar to yours. You also pick up more strenghth too which in turn boosts our dps anyway.

Last edited by ThorTheGray on Mar 10, 2017, 8:36:27 PM
Just hit 86. Got solid gear at this point and just soloed Uber Izaro. Damage is very good if setup right. Im on a 6 link. Check out my Dude. SpankYaBallz. Build is a bit squishy til you grt those last two Ascendancy points. Thinking of hitting a few more armour nodes. Sitting at 6850 HP and about 1060 Str with 30k unbuffed DPS right now which isnt bad. Doing tier 10 maps as of right now fairly easily with tough mods. Will post again once I hit endgame.
Last edited by ColeonePS on Mar 10, 2017, 10:13:48 PM
For those of you wanting to wait for a 6L, just throw Essence of Hysteria on some gloves and call it good. I managed to get a life/resist roll and I'm pleased with them.

4L : Molten Strike - WED - Multistrike - Fire Penetration
Essence adds 200 average fire damage

So it comes down to is 200 flat fire damage better than Faster Attacks + Elemental Focus? I'm going to have to plug it into a calculator to find out. I suspect the 6L is better but it's way more expensive.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
"
squ1shed wrote:
For those of you wanting to wait for a 6L, just throw Essence of Hysteria on some gloves and call it good. I managed to get a life/resist roll and I'm pleased with them.

4L : Molten Strike - WED - Multistrike - Fire Penetration
Essence adds 200 average fire damage

So it comes down to is 200 flat fire damage better than Faster Attacks + Elemental Focus? I'm going to have to plug it into a calculator to find out. I suspect the 6L is better but it's way more expensive.

That's a good idea. I started a new char in legacy yday that I had planned to use to update this guide. I'll throw in the Hysteria in Path of Building if its supported and then give it a try when I can.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
I managed to 6L my Belly of the Beast so I'm using
Molten Strike - WED - Multistrike - Fire Pen - Conc/AoE - Faster Attacks

It plays so much smoother with higher attack speed and definitely has higher damage.

For my helm I have to use a Hubris Circlet that got enchanted so I'm sad that my armor is taking such a hit.

Thoughts on Belt of the Deceiver? I'm using it right now and I'm enjoying the 10% more damage that intimidate is giving. I need to fix my tree because Iron Grip is garbage. Thinking I'm just going to grab regen nodes, the .8 regen at the Marauder start and the .2 per endurance charge.

I'm wondering what I should get next for items. Probably optimize my skill gem loadout now that I'm going to try to progress to Guardians.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Hi I followed your build and felt like I already decked it out. I can cruise through T15 with no issues but I am struggling with guardians. Can someone take a look at my character and let me know what I can improve on?

By struggling, I meant damage. I understand there are certain hits that I just cannot take and have to move out of way. But it felt like I should do more damage and down bosses quicker before I kept dying and ran out of portals.

Thank you guys for your time in advance.
"
fishooi wrote:
Hi I followed your build and felt like I already decked it out. I can cruise through T15 with no issues but I am struggling with guardians. Can someone take a look at my character and let me know what I can improve on?

By struggling, I meant damage. I understand there are certain hits that I just cannot take and have to move out of way. But it felt like I should do more damage and down bosses quicker before I kept dying and ran out of portals.

Thank you guys for your time in advance.

Hello.

You should be able to improve your single target damage by a lot if you get a The Taming + Emberwake. Then you might also consider swapping added fire (or possibly faster attacks) for Chance to Ignite in order to increase the proc rate of The Taming and the 1% hp regen from the Razor.

I've also planned to do a few changes to the skill tree, but I haven't had the time to try them out or update the guide yet.

You can check you the updated skill tree that I'm considering at:
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPUxOwB4XhPkUVBH7w4UIF8_9kiMzz38WGM174FBwYvvTmFShmA6UjJ-vJ8YkYTZR369NmVNvqfawXTtBS0uU9Nveu9AoCFgdPEY2xR1pMLYvaZXMZ464fJF_gqDzLc-PC2DX8auaPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73xyqcT2LdIaOJBVn9-aOycvgpv3MuoYdqzPfvjr891oZbvtOu125zhTIq9jcBLhktDG2FeXQzFgQRRx2XyCB3zZEdU62Hfl7DiFe2ZUAZF311b6fyv9brF8w-aNuTKJrKpZ864-Z5sOPOOfZ6CHdkp9kc65fsYEA9a9YKajBsMm8xOlAAAAAAA=
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Last edited by Tahreyn on Mar 23, 2017, 6:22:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info