[2.5] Gladiator Blade Flurry Block "The Stationary Warrior"

Hello Folks, and Welcome to my build guide

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?
Spoiler

1. A Build for the melee fans.
2. Someone who seeks a build that is not too expensive to build, yet safe to complete all the challenges they need.
3. People who enjoy Blade Flurry but is sick of the streamer build that turn expensive.

Cons:
1. Has some unique items that are required to make it shine.
2. Lacks a bit of damage early in case of playing it HC since block chance is more important to stack fast on HC

Build mechanic introduction:
Spoiler

For defenses, this build utilizes Block/Life/Armour and The Surrender, Ezomyte Shield.
For offense we will use a 7L Blade Flurry thanks to The Bringer of Rain, Nighmare Bascinet

Skill-gems and setups:
Spoiler

Offensive Setup

4L -> Blade Flurry - Fortify - Added Fire Damage - Poison Support/Physical to Lightning (Both are good gem slots)
(Optionally you may take Weapon Elemental Damage instead of Fortify, and trigger Fortify with Whirling Blades instead.)

Defensive Setup:

4L - Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Summon Flame Golem/Summon Stone Golem - Tempest Shield

Auras and Buffs:

4S - Hatred - Herald of Ash/Herald of Ice - Blood Rage - Ancestral Protector

Mobility:

3L - Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks Support - (Fortify Support optional)

Skill-trees and Ascendancy class:

Spoiler

Ascendancy Class: Gladiator

In Order:
Ascendancy Points: Painforged, Versatile Combatant, Violent Retaliation, Gratuitous Violence(SC)/Outmatch and Outlast(HC)

Leveling skill-tree, 38 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAJstXzmK8OlGypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nL8zBgraKYuyE79rBdO0FLXrvQKBDMcMzWhrAv1uvTipM_6mVDPesrw2N_MXuDqOKsbMbrXiuPeI=

Leveling skill-tree, 73 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAJstXzmK8OlGypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nL8zBgraKYuyE79rBdO0FLXrvQKBDMcMzWhrAv1uvTipM_6mVDPesrw2N_MXuDqOKsbMbrQSxexR4rj3iSO7TfiP2TZKNfTB8UUeNvwW1wuy0xWKsbIydqjY962O1SNRChG-mf-1Bdf0WvyaVYeLUUgMnRNKj5wIRh3bjn0p9

Leveling skill-tree, 120 points:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAJstXzmK8OlGypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nL8zBgraKYuyE79rBdO0FLXrvQKBDMcMzWhrAv1uvTipM_6mVDPesrw2N_MXuDqOKsbMbrQSxexR4rj3iSO7TfiP2TZKNfTB8UUeNvwW1wuy0xWKsbIydqjY962O1SNRChG-mf-1Bdf0WvyaVYeLUUgMnRNKj5wIRh3bjn0p9y_UxsNy95w99df66Adx346lueWjBBF8_FCDvDlBH5FGXeSgqi08Eh4-ZMk5noLcXXPlkWjiWPs-95gzypcubaoVS2WHyWhDwVw3SIfJBggfZfBRxG6rBB9d-YxeBOg==

Bandit Quest Rewards:
Spoiler

- Normal : Help Oak for 40 Life.
- Cruel : Help Kraytin for 8% Increased Attack Speed .
- Merciless: Help Kraytin 1 extra Frenzy Charge.

Jewel Prefered Mods:
Spoiler

Coming Soon

My Gear:
Spoiler

What I have tested with this build so far:
Spoiler

Breach Lord Domains:
Xoph - Completed. No trouble at all.
Esh - Completed. No trouble at all.
Uul-Netol - Untested
Tul - Tested, unable to reach lord (2~3 areas from him, close call), will try again with few more dmg nodes from leveling, and with an extra anti-chill flask.
Chayula - Untested

Atziri:
Normal - Completed. Atziri was easy facetanked, only the 3 bosses part got me some DoT that was a bit scary.
Uber - Untested

Shaper - Untested

Uber Lab - Untested

To be added to the build as soon as possible:
-Reccomended Gear
-Leveling Uniques that make leveling easy
-Optional Gear

To be added when I have some spare time:
-Video of the Build in action
Last edited by csogaki on Dec 27, 2016, 11:47:29 AM
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2016, 4:13:12 PM
Updated Tests:
Esh and Tul
Uff its hard to watch your skill tree. It's evident your not very seasoned player.

To go sword is complete waste of weapon slot. You don't go sword you go "the scourge", and don't even dare to say you cant afford it. 2ex for decent stats is nothing. There that claw just opened up some free slots for hp and defensive stats. The anvil is ridicules... Losing dps, hp and resistances over extra 3% block chance is not worth it. Your gear is not linked with reason. It's probably worst linking choice I've ever saw. To link fortify with Ass flurry is complete waste. You take that blue socked and increase area of effect and conc effect on boss fights. Drop all that shitty sword nodes and go to resolute technique. Your build misses so much life and has below average damage. to see you've picked some passive nodes over jewel slots is mind blowing.

All in all not well planed build and its waste of time and resources.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info