2.5 God Mode Juggernaut - Pure RF with mobility

This build is closely based off EcksWhaiXi's budget RF build here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1741465/

You can read his guide first, then coming back to this one if you want even more in depth info.
I made some key changes that I feel are required for Breech league, and makes the build feel faster and better overall. I wanted to give my input on everything so I just made a new guide. Hope it reads ok.

I want to state first off though while this build CAN be made on a budget, it feels several orders more fun if you can afford at least a Kaom's Heart.
(If you feel like you can't afford a Kaom's, I have some tips on how to get one cheaper below in the gear section.)

How the build plays?
This build is a pure RF style build. Meaning your only damage you do comes from RF burn. Most RF builds are very slow, but I've done my best to make this build mobile to fit into the breach meta.

This involves the use of better movement speed and a pretty fast shield charge that feels similar to whirling blades.

It is a very tanky build with tons of life and resists. I have done all the end game content except for Shaper with this build. I have simply not yet attempted Shaper, but with good mechanics it should be possible.

You will turn on your RF, then shield charge around the map melting everything in sight.
When you need more defense, throw in a few enduring cry shouts.
When you need more damage, do a few bursts of cyclone through the pack or boss. You almost never want to hold down cyclone. A short click for a burst will usually do the trick.

Pros/Cons

Pros
- Super Tanky
- Safe
- Mobile
- No 6-Link needed
- Can scale up and improve gear throughout the league
- Can do End Game content
- Fun as hell and looks neat

Cons
- Probably not as good in a group
- Leveling stage can be tedious
- You will have to re-roll quite a few maps
- Not BladeFlurry clear speed
- May have to get creative to get the Dex/Int you need

Stats

In Hideout

In Combat

Gear

A lot of my gear here can be upgraded. In particular my rings, amulet and helm.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't get +fire damage to attacks on anything! This will ruin your elemental equilibrium. If possible get some +cold or +light damage to attacks on something.

Kaom's Heart

This is the one "expensive" item that will be required. Currently a badly rolled Kaom's is around 90 Chaos on Softcore.
The best method to get the most bang for your buck however is to get this item through Divination Cards.

The King's Heart Div Card is going for around 10 Chaos right now, and you need 8 for Kaom's.
You will usually get a better armor doing this than buying a badly rolled one for the same price.
Plus if you collect div cards as you level, it can make it easier to save up 10 Chaos at a time rather than saving up a huge stock pile.

You can also get the Pride Before the Fall div card set with slightly higher prices. This will give you a corrupted version. This will work too. Most of the corruptions are kind of useless, but the +1 max resist corruption would be a HUGE deal and make you super monster god mode tank. If you become rich, I would hunt down or try to make your own +1 Max Res Kaom's in the end.

Doryani's Catalyst

This is the best item for your weapon. Currently they run about 20 Chaos on Softcore.
It gives you a ton of damage, extra attack speed for shield charge, and some life leech.

If you are broke, or up until level 75, you can use Doon Cuebiyari. It gives you a pretty good boost in damage, but doesn't really do much else.

Rise of the Phoenix

I don't think you can make an RF build without this. It is super cheap right now. Maybe 1 Chaos?
Just look for the highest resists and armor you can find.

Southbound Gloves

These gloves are super cheap. You can probably get them for about an alch.
These give good cold resist and +16% Max life.

In reality though, you will be better off getting some rare gloves with 100 Life, some resists and maybe attack speed. The 16% life Southbounds results in about 50 to 100 more life TOTAL vs 100 life rare gloves, but it makes it way harder to get your resistances in the end.

Go with whichever route sounds the best to you.

The Blood Dance Boots

These give you +Dex (Which we really need), extra movement and attack speed, and easy Frenzy charges to boost our damage. Plus you get a free footprint MTX.

You can use some good rare boots here, but you will want great movement speed on them, lots of life, and if possible +dexterity.

Essence of Horror crafted Helm

The important thing about this helmet is it was crafted with the Essence of Horror.
This gives you 30% MORE elemental damage to socketed gems. This is where we are putting our RF gems, and this damage boost is huge.

You can find really badly rolled helms for around 10 to 15 Chaos. I recommend rolling your own though.
Its best to get resists, Life, and armor on this helm, but that can be really difficult to do while also getting the 4 blue sockets we need.

In a pinch, any 4 blue socket helm with the 30% more ele damage mod will work until you can upgrade.

Marble Amulet

You will want a Marble Amulet, it can give up to 1.6% life regen. With your massive life pool and need for life regen, this is a pretty great amulet.
For stats get life, resists, and if possible dex and int.
This amulet isn't 100% required, but it helps out on certain map mods that make you take extra elemental damage.

Rings

Idealy you want 2 breach rings that have a ton of life and resists, including high chaos resits.
These are really expensive if you get all of that on your rings though.
Focus on life and resists, and fill in any extra dex/int you need. Upgrade later when you can.

Belt

Your belt is just a Life and Resist slot. Max it out as much as you can.

Jewels

You may have 4 or 5 jewels depending on your variation of passive tree.
Focus on +% Max Life, Resists, and some attack speed.

Links

This is your damage link setup. These go in your helm with the +30% more ele damage to socketed gems.
Your RF gem doesn't have to be leveled or quality at all. Focus on leveling and quality on your supports though.

This is your cyclone setup. This will give you a huge damage boost when needed. I usually only need to use this on rare packs and bosses. When you use it, you really only need to tap the skill and cyclone burst on the enemy to curse them and gain fortify. If you really need more damage, do longer bursts to get your Elemental Overload to proc and watch them melt.
Plus you get a free fortify.

This is your mobility. With the faster attack speed we have this feels really nice. You can charge around maps pretty quickly with fortify up the whole time. This is great to re-position quickly too. You can also charge through packs of regular trash to kill them instantly and stay on the move. No need to cyclone the wimps.

Easiest way to keep your golem up. You also gain extra block chance. Plus with the vortex/tempest shield combo you are slowing down enemies which helps you survive, and hitting them to activate your elemental equilibrium.

These are pretty self explanatory. You need the purity of fire to survive, grace gives us a TON of armor, and enduring cry is good for keeping your endurance charges up when needed. You should always be trying to keep your endurance charges up. It helps your survivability a lot, and with our ascendancy even boosts our damage.

Ascendancy

Grab Unyielding first for the Regen, Fortify buff, and damage.
Next Grab Unflinching for the extra endurance charge
Third get Unrelenting for the extra damage, extra resists per charge (Really helps in maps)
Finally grab Unstoppable. Your movement speed is premium on this build, and not slowing down due to the chill in breaches is a huge deal.

Undeniable gives around 15% attack speed and that is about it. Not worth it really.
Unbreakable gives us more armor. We already have insane armor and I've never been stunned.

Passive Tree

Level 93: http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPkRIwB6xthYYz38xFj2SF8_Gj58uCku8axXDZZskc677dlhrY3PfhkuJ-0GDtR8CfbE9sauDF9TpRynPC2DX4PMtz5Bh_nogsco-pituJMc3OvumuBFnVNSC2GvbGjy8B-iAOFzgpuaO5_f73w8Bew4OtgnL5BVGjgBkS3SwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZZKNhIYTvouoS4drBdO0FLXrvIWB08Sml_grYvRQg7w5AoGh02mKUoBjbLiMtMO3Xu54shVoaGFaPGqcI2CRWSJ2uA3WRK1h3XwQabDbpJKoWb-NqhXtmVEd-vTZlTb6n8430g8ABBsZdpN3V97kWuwAAAAAA
You can skip the frenzy charge near the bottom and put it into more life, or grab the extra jewel node near your endurance charge on the bottom left if you want for more surviability.

For the leveling trees look at the leveling section.

Bandits
1. +40 Life
2. Passive
3. Your choice. Passive, Frenzy charge, or Endurance Charge

Leveling

This is the really bad part about the whole build. The leveling is pretty boring.
The best way I found to level was by using Facebreakers with Perandus shield.
Grab any +Physical damage gear along the way.

I leveled using Facebreakers with Infernal Blow, Melee Splash, Increased Physical Damage, and Faster Attacks. I used Herald of Ash with this. When you kill an enemy the whole screen explodes and the whole pack dies. This works great until you get up near your high level 50's, then it slows down a lot.

You also Want to rush over to Resolute Technique Keystone while leveling as soon as possible too. Unspec out of that when you switch to RF.

Aim for this tree at level 65. This should let you run RF at 65 when you can equip your shield and level up your purity of fire. Just go in any order really grabbing anything you think you need at the time.

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAMERIwBexthYYz38xFj2SF8_Gj58uCku8axXDZZskc677dlhrY3PfhkuJ-0GDtR8CfbE9sauDF9TpRynPC2DX4PMtz5Bh_nogsco-pituJMc3OvumuBFnVNSC2GvbGjy8B-iAOFzgpuaO5_f73w8Bew4OtgnL5BVGjgBkS3SwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZZKNhIYTvouoS4drBdO0FLXrvIWB08Sml_grYvRQg7w5AoGh02mKUoPON9IPAAQbGXaTd1fe5FrsAAAAAAA==

I suggest checking out this super helpful and detailed guide on leveling in PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/522556

Map Mods

Beware of any maps with -Max Resists, or reduced/no life regen. You simply cannot do these.

Other than that you should be able to run vulnerability and elemental weakness maps if you have enough fire resist. Worst case you may just have to keep your endurance charges up on those.

VIDEOS COMING SOON!

Feel free to ask any questions!
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Last edited by Secksy on Dec 23, 2016, 11:41:05 PM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2017, 5:28:20 AM
I don't care about clearspeed but is this T15/T16/Shaper/Uber atziri viable?
"
broseidon07 wrote:
I don't care about clearspeed but is this T15/T16/Shaper/Uber atziri viable?

Yes! It is just as mobile as a Whirling blades build. Plus you don't have to worry about attacking much for your dps. You can focus on the fight mechanics easily.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Nice guide, thanks
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info