[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

yes, ST pierces for free already, so I use weapon ele damage until I have chaos nodes to swap to added chaos damage.

"
Automatic Piercing: Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce enemies. This means that Pierce Support inventory icon.pngPierce Support, Chain Support inventory icon.pngChain Support, and Fork Support inventory icon.pngFork Support have no effect (details). Projectiles cannot pass through terrain obstacles; they will turn back if they were traveling outbound and disappear if they were traveling inbound.
"
ConQwest wrote:
unless i missed something you don't need pierce on Spectral throw it pierces automatically.

Correct, it's not used for piercing. It's used for the proj damage, which scales with phys and chaos dmg.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
Ilunde wrote:

Honestly im not even sure, i was having a bad time with split arrow so i ended up changing and trying out a bunch of skills with no success, so i decided to just switch to the spectral throw with the recommended skills as you said, ill see how that goes :) thansk for reply

Ok keep me updated, if you have issues with spec throw, link your gear and gem set up and I'll take a look.

Switched to specrtral throw now, 6l - spectral, LMP, Fire support, Cold support, Lightning support, Faster attacks.

Using CWDT - immortal call and whirling blades with fortify. (As well as arctic armor and ice golem)

Currently at lvl 45 in act 1 cruel, and so far slicing through everything fairy easy, even without good weapons.

Guess ill see how this goes further :)
"
Ilunde wrote:

Switched to specrtral throw now, 6l - spectral, LMP, Fire support, Cold support, Lightning support, Faster attacks.

Using CWDT - immortal call and whirling blades with fortify. (As well as arctic armor and ice golem)

Currently at lvl 45 in act 1 cruel, and so far slicing through everything fairy easy, even without good weapons.

Guess ill see how this goes further :)

Sounds like you have a good feel for it, keep me updated! Upgrading daggers occasionally (pDPS for 1-2) chaos helps the lvling process tremendously as well.
How's everybody doing with the build?
Hi Frosty! Amazing build and thank you for sharing.

I am currently 77 and am having a bit of trouble staying alive. My damage is good, but I am getting 1 shot while doing merc lab. I am new to this game and seem to have reached a point where I do not know how progress regarding my gear. I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice on what to work on next. Thank you so much!!!

I will link my setup below.

Offense:
http://i.imgur.com/R5kjmSo.jpg

Defense:
http://i.imgur.com/AAP57mD.jpg

"
Shadowfaxx99 wrote:

I am currently 77 and am having a bit of trouble staying alive. My damage is good, but I am getting 1 shot while doing merc lab.

Hey hey. Most of your gear looks pretty good. The most glaring areas that can be improved are capping your resistances (looks like 2 are below 75%) and improving jewelry to add more life. Looks like you have about 3400 life, which is quite low for merc lab.

My suggestions are:
- Try vaal grace (will add substantial eva)
- A jade flask will synergize with vaal grace well
- Get more life on rings, amulet, and boots (aim for 4k+)
- Rare gloves with life, attack speed, accuracy, projectile damage will give you more survivability without losing too much dps
- Starkonja's Head (helm) instead of Rat's Nest will provide more life
- I can't see your skill tree, but take a look at the new tree I added which utilizes more life nodes

Essentially you want to maximize life and make sure you are res capped. More levels will help a bit with this too.
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
Shadowfaxx99 wrote:

I am currently 77 and am having a bit of trouble staying alive. My damage is good, but I am getting 1 shot while doing merc lab.

Hey hey. Most of your gear looks pretty good. The most glaring areas that can be improved are capping your resistances (looks like 2 are below 75%) and improving jewelry to add more life. Looks like you have about 3400 life, which is quite low for merc lab.

My suggestions are:
- Try vaal grace (will add substantial eva)
- A jade flask will synergize with vaal grace well
- Get more life on rings, amulet, and boots (aim for 4k+)
- Rare gloves with life, attack speed, accuracy, projectile damage will give you more survivability without losing too much dps
- Starkonja's Head (helm) instead of Rat's Nest will provide more life
- I can't see your skill tree, but take a look at the new tree I added which utilizes more life nodes

Essentially you want to maximize life and make sure you are res capped. More levels will help a bit with this too.

Perfect! I did notice that my life was low when compared to other people. I will work on that plus getting my res capped. Thanks again for your help!

Here is a link to my passive tree. I pretty much followed yours exactly as it is very overwhelming lol.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAOHBS0FtQceDHMNjQ5IEJIRLxGWE20UCRa_G60j0yP2JP0miCaVKgss4TB8MjI2PUMxRwZJUUp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b1W69cQF3yYeJirGVNaoxsjHBSdO11y3X9fXV944Rvh3aHy4nTjDaNfY1-jb-Oio9gj_qVLpVml9CdqqLZo4qsZrDYsbO0xbTRtUi3MLk-vG-9Nr6nwuzIDMgUzZjTftQj1ELYdtmG2sHbbtvn45_nVOpi62PuDvDV9W_8xf66_94=?accountName=Shadowfaxx99&characterName=Shadoefaxx
Hey, are you really capping the crit chance at 95%?

I have maligaros, bino, rats, all the nodes that give crit chance and i am hitting only 70% with the 4 power charges, i am getting the twin terrors node , maybe i can get 95% with that?

Cheers
Just tested with the twin terros node , 78% crit.

And i am using the ice golem!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info