[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

"
WayTooFrosty wrote:

Appreciate the feedback, but people that are having mana problems because they are operating on a 6L to start a new toon can afford to pick up an elreons. Nobody starts the league fresh with a tabula.

I realize that, and that's not what I said or insinuated. I stated that having a clarity is enough to cover even having a tabula.

"....its more than enough regen to keep you topped off even with a tabula."
Just started this build and having a blast only thing i have huge problems with is mana.I have to constantly pop a mana flask.I would use elrons but im so stuck up with the need of strength and int.that i cant switch anything in my jewlry and armor.I tryed using clairty but doesnt seem to help.
"
Robindesbois wrote:
Just started this build and having a blast only thing i have huge problems with is mana.I have to constantly pop a mana flask.I would use elrons but im so stuck up with the need of strength and int.that i cant switch anything in my jewlry and armor.I tryed using clairty but doesnt seem to help.

yes, it's as I said earlier regarding mana.

I am almost 50 now on mine, and the mana problems have mostly disappeared due to tree pickups and overall mana on gear coming in. this build is definitely non-stop mana flask popping early levels if you have no elerons jewelry, but that dead horse has already been beaten as we know.

@WayTooFrosty

I only make the comments I do to help you with your guide, apologies if you find them at all annoying. I imagine that if I have questions, someone else will, so I may as well ask them so you can answer and then add to the guide if seen fit. For ex, I think you should add that w/o elerons, the early levels of this build are rough and require constant mana flask usage - perhaps a weakness bullet.
Last edited by decyphier on Dec 28, 2016, 11:49:50 AM
"
decyphier wrote:
"
Robindesbois wrote:

@WayTooFrosty

I only make the comments I do to help you with your guide, apologies if you find them at all annoying. I imagine that if I have questions, someone else will, so I may as well ask them so you can answer and then add to the guide if seen fit. For ex, I think you should add that w/o elerons, the early levels of this build are rough and require constant mana flask usage - perhaps a weakness bullet.

It's no problem at all, I appreciate people chiming in to offer improvements. I look forward to other feedback, especially in late game content.

I know the mana problems early can be an issue. I tried to offer some sort of help with that in the leveling section. But as you said, the mana issues really disappear as you pick up the mana leech nodes and the damage (particularly pDPS) picks up!.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
"
decyphier wrote:
For ex, I think you should add that w/o elerons, the early levels of this build are rough and require constant mana flask usage - perhaps a weakness bullet.

Good idea, I added it to the weaknesses and made a note to refer people to the leveling section where there are some ways to help mitigate this. Thanks for the good idea.
"
Robindesbois wrote:

Glad you're having fun, it picks up even more later on. I added the early game mana issues to the weaknesses list so people are more aware of it, and added some solutions to the leveling guide.

Thanks for the feedback, keep me updated!
not a problem, it's a fun build and seeing it grow is cool.

question; for single target (bosses for ex), how did you handle them during the leveling process? it seems as if my spectral throw doesn't do very much damage at all to bosses, so I die once or twice during the boss leveling process. it's rather annoying.

I am in the process of actually implementing my 3/4L gems now, because I started to hit the level in which 3/4 socket gear with decent res stats is popular. Maybe not having the 3/4L gems was the problem? or do you have other suggestions.
"
decyphier wrote:
not a problem, it's a fun build and seeing it grow is cool.

question; for single target (bosses for ex), how did you handle them during the leveling process? it seems as if my spectral throw doesn't do very much damage at all to bosses, so I die once or twice during the boss leveling process. it's rather annoying.

I am in the process of actually implementing my 3/4L gems now, because I started to hit the level in which 3/4 socket gear with decent res stats is popular. Maybe not having the 3/4L gems was the problem? or do you have other suggestions.

I think I used a bow until level 50, so I didn't have problems really.

With spectral throw, swapping in a slower projectiles may help with bosses. Though you would have to get closer for them to hit. A sulphur flask may help as well. I'll keep thinking about this.

Edit: I think a big factor is making sure they hit the boss twice (the way past and the way back)
Last edited by WayTooFrosty on Dec 28, 2016, 1:23:40 PM
I'll give slower projectiles a try, because 3/4L gems (such as wither, etc) didn't do much.
"
decyphier wrote:
I'll give slower projectiles a try, because 3/4L gems (such as wither, etc) didn't do much.

Ya, the wither totem setup really shines later after you have made the switch to chaos damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info