[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

when do you typically put into acrobatics, and why?
"
decyphier wrote:
when do you typically put into acrobatics, and why?

Spell dodge is pretty powerful, usually higher levels where dying starts to matter (>lvl 60). Should be in the leveling guide passive tree progression.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
thanks.

regarding adding chain into the 6l (tabula for ex), what do you replace? faster attacks?
"
decyphier wrote:
thanks.

regarding adding chain into the 6l (tabula for ex), what do you replace? faster attacks?

Chain does not work with spectral throw because it pierces. Run pierce gem instead.
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
decyphier wrote:
thanks.

Chain does not work with spectral throw because it pierces. Run pierce gem instead.

you have

"
- Swap in later: Physical to Lightning, Physical Projectile, Chain, Weapon Elemental Damage, GMP

so mistake, maybe?

anyway, what gem did you remove to add pierce?
"
decyphier wrote:
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
decyphier wrote:
thanks.

you have

"
- Swap in later: Physical to Lightning, Physical Projectile, Chain, Weapon Elemental Damage, GMP

so mistake, maybe?

anyway, what gem did you remove to add pierce?

ahh ya that's if you are leveling with a bow skill (e.g. split shot)

the spectral throw links are not in the leveling section
thanks for adding them, man!

would you still use the chaos dmg gems before switching over to chaos on the tree?
"
decyphier wrote:
thanks for adding them, man!

would you still use the chaos dmg gems before switching over to chaos on the tree?

You would probably benefit more from other gems (like phys projectile) before going heavy on the chaos damage. With that said, chaos is always super strong.
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
decyphier wrote:
after getting a blade flurry char to 71 and finding out I really dislike it, I'm trying this. so far, at level 18 with leveling uniques like tabula and stuff, it's 1 shotting most packs. viper strike takes care of rare mobs til spectral gets stronger, I suppose.

anywho, any suggestions for not being able to really sustain mana for throw spam since I don't have elerons jewelry? I'm just chugging pots constantly in the meantime.

I started out with elreon jewelry because this was my second toon of the league. Because a 6L is a bit of a mana hog, I recommend going down to the mana/life leech scion nodes at the bottom of the tree [see the 32 point tree in the leveling guide]. You can pick up as many mana nodes down there as you need until you do enough damage to sustain the spam.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm always puzzled why people don't just toss on a lvl 1 / 2 Clarity gem while leveling.

I know some classes don't get it as a quest reward / buy but it's almost effortless to either lvl a fresh character briefly ( its like 10-20 minutes to get one ) , or ask someone to trade you one ( quickest and painless option ). As of good fortune...Shadows can just pick one up without all that "hassle".

Having 3-5 m/ps is pretty huge for all characters at the start..and for a build like spectral throw, where you don't need to spam attacks, its more than enough regen to keep you topped off even with a tabula.

29 int might be "out of the way" for some players, but there's literally 2 nodes in the first 10 points of this build that give you 10 int a piece. There's also Soul Siphon ( right there ) that you can pick up ( and then refund later ) for 2 points that gives an astounding amount of mana return.

Just a thought.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
decyphier wrote:
after getting a blade flurry char to 71 and finding out I really dislike it, I'm trying this. so far, at level 18 with leveling uniques like tabula and stuff, it's 1 shotting most packs. viper strike takes care of rare mobs til spectral gets stronger, I suppose.

anywho, any suggestions for not being able to really sustain mana for throw spam since I don't have elerons jewelry? I'm just chugging pots constantly in the meantime.

I started out with elreon jewelry because this was my second toon of the league. Because a 6L is a bit of a mana hog, I recommend going down to the mana/life leech scion nodes at the bottom of the tree [see the 32 point tree in the leveling guide]. You can pick up as many mana nodes down there as you need until you do enough damage to sustain the spam.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm always puzzled why people don't just toss on a lvl 1 / 2 Clarity gem while leveling.

I know some classes don't get it as a quest reward / buy but it's almost effortless to either lvl a fresh character briefly ( its like 10-20 minutes to get one ) , or ask someone to trade you one ( quickest and painless option ). As of good fortune...Shadows can just pick one up without all that "hassle".

Having 3-5 m/ps is pretty huge for all characters at the start..and for a build like spectral throw, where you don't need to spam attacks, its more than enough regen to keep you topped off even with a tabula.

29 int might be "out of the way" for some players, but there's literally 2 nodes in the first 10 points of this build that give you 10 int a piece. There's also Soul Siphon ( right there ) that you can pick up ( and then refund later ) for 2 points that gives an astounding amount of mana return.

Just a thought.

Appreciate the feedback, but people that are having mana problems because they are operating on a 6L to start a new toon can afford to pick up an elreons. Nobody starts the league fresh with a tabula.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info