[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
bjornborg wrote:
Loving the build so far. I have a few questions though.

1) Are there any luxury items for this build? Like very good/expensive uniques?

2) Right now I only have 14.2k dps on Spectral Throw in town. I know I havn't got all the dps nodes yet and my gear could be better + I'm on a 5L.. But is there something I am missing or will I reach your dps with a 6L and more passives?

3) I only have around 4.1k life, is that normal (more damage build)?

The most important luxuary items I would say are
1 - A high pDPS offhand dagger (or 2 if you can afford them; >300 pDPS)
2 - 4 stat jewels (life + 3 damage stats)
3 - Jewelry with high flat phys, crit, crit multiplier
4 - Headhunter

14k dps in town is pretty good, as long as you are clearing the maps you want to effectively. We get alot of our dps from bleed/poison. My dps is likely higher due to the 6th link, 4 stat jewels, and perhaps slightly better jewelry.

The life I'm not sure about. Using my added "more life tree" I have 5.8-5.9k. I would need to see your gear and passive tree. With life based builds, if you are maxing damage, life will suffer for sure. 5k life can be hard to reach if you are trying to glass cannon.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
Thanks for the quick reply!

Does the damage suffer a lot when going with the life build?
"
bjornborg wrote:

I have only played this as life build. You can see in the Gorge video.
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
bjornborg wrote:

Not at all, I think it may have actually gone up.

its my current build however its not life base build its going smooth so far the down part is at level 75-80 i die a lot so i rebuy some amulet and ring and boost my resist so that i wont die not only 75% at base but 100+% to ensure not to die fast so i can pop a flask and leech life back.. has 4.1k Life Right now and 130% fire resist 123% cold resist 165% lightning resist

just wanted to know whats a good way to level fast coz when i reach 80 its beginning to be boring and what else should i add to a get good gears currently doing 10k damage i crit almost everytime i reach 11k crit with a 5L armor hopefully i get a 6L soon will farm currency
Last edited by jolzcarl on Jan 10, 2017, 6:37:10 PM
"
jolzcarl wrote:

just wanted to know whats a good way to level fast coz when i reach 80 its beginning to be boring and what else should i add to a get good gears currently doing 10k damage i crit almost everytime i reach 11k crit with a 5L armor hopefully i get a 6L soon will farm currency

Most of your gear looks pretty good. My guess as to why you seem to die occasionally is you have pretty low life. Ideally with life based builds, you want to have 5k + life.

Here are my suggestions:
- Try to craft flat physical damage on your dagger instead of crit chance
- lower the level of your immortal call (needs to be a lower level so your CWDT can activate it)
- Get boots with life on them
- Get an amulet with life on it
- Use a Rumi's Concoction flask instead of Divination Distillate
- Follow my "more life build"

What tier maps are you running? At level 75-80 you should be doing T6-8 pretty easily.
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
jolzcarl wrote:

Most of your gear looks pretty good. My guess as to why you seem to die occasionally is you have pretty low life. Ideally with life based builds, you want to have 5k + life.

Here are my suggestions:
- Try to craft flat physical damage on your dagger instead of crit chance
- lower the level of your immortal call (needs to be a lower level so your CWDT can activate it)
- Get boots with life on them
- Get an amulet with life on it
- Use a Rumi's Concoction flask instead of Divination Distillate
- Follow my "more life build"

What tier maps are you running? At level 75-80 you should be doing T6-8 pretty easily.

was dying when i reach T6-8 and redo my amulet and ring then it runs smooth now im at T8 just mapping
do i need to go and redo this build again? make it life base? coz the build i used was the option 1
"
jolzcarl wrote:
do i need to go and redo this build again? make it life base? coz the build i used was the option 1

Ok, keep doing T7-T8. Getting a few more levels will help you survive more. You don't have to respec to the more life build, but it would give you better life. I think you would only need to redo ~20 points. I would consider saving your regrets and doing that.

is this better now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info