[2.5][BHC] Windz's Malice CoC Vortex Assassin

If you don't have the leech boot enchant, how does this build work with the inconsistent amounts of mana leech then? You only have CWDT warlords, which probably won't activate all that much against trash mobs. Or is it just a bit of mana regen?

"
brovet wrote:
Is it possible to farm uber with this char? I'm sitting at lvl 82 now but I don't think I can pass uber lab LUL...

I think the idea of Heretics Veil with warlord blasphemy (2% leech) with vaal pact would do it? Perhaps even with just CWDT warlords, as the dmg dealt by izaro would probably be enough to proc it reliably. Idk, since most of vortex's damage is DoT...
Last edited by Fire309 on Jan 2, 2017, 9:21:13 AM
"
Fire309 wrote:
If you don't have the leech boot enchant, how does this build work with the inconsistent amounts of mana leech then? You only have CWDT warlords, which probably won't activate all that much against trash mobs. Or is it just a bit of mana regen?

"
brovet wrote:
Is it possible to farm uber with this char? I'm sitting at lvl 82 now but I don't think I can pass uber lab LUL...

I think the idea of Heretics Veil with warlord blasphemy (2% leech) with vaal pact would do it? Perhaps even with just CWDT warlords, as the dmg dealt by izaro would probably be enough to proc it reliably. Idk, since most of vortex's damage is DoT...

Yeah the boot enchant is huge. I just farmed merc lab until i got the enchant.

I also have 2 mana gain on hit jewel. You can grab more until it feels better.
Dont forget that ass mark also gives you on kill which is enough until you reach the boss.

Also link warlords mark to a low lvl cwdt so it procs on anything that hits you.

Regarding the uber lab, not the best farmer because ci lab can be annoying. However just for the 2 points to ascend was no problem if you dont buff izaro. Just hit and let the dot do the work while u regen ur es
I looked at your character screen earlier, and you replaced inc aoe in your cospris with life leech. How is that working out for you? I'm currently leveling this character by the way, so I dont really know what its like yet.

Are there any other reliable forms of getting mana? Mana on hit jewels seems to be the only truly "reliable" option. The way I see it, CWDT warlords isnt, ass mark isn't, etc. Mana on hit on jewels is annoying as well, while Heretics has low es. Any mana leech easily accessible?

What's your BF and cyclone manacost, btw?
Last edited by Fire309 on Jan 3, 2017, 3:59:51 PM
Fitting 2 blasphemy + discipline:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#4_uSb/z3Fdc.e

Can use lvl 2 enlighten instead, and grab 4% reservation node for 1 point (near CI keystone).
Last edited by ekunholy on Jan 3, 2017, 5:00:23 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
I looked at your character screen earlier, and you replaced inc aoe in your cospris with life leech. How is that working out for you? I'm currently leveling this character by the way, so I dont really know what its like yet.

Are there any other reliable forms of getting mana? Mana on hit jewels seems to be the only truly "reliable" option. The way I see it, CWDT warlords isnt, ass mark isn't, etc. Mana on hit on jewels is annoying as well, while Heretics has low es. Any mana leech easily accessible?

What's your BF and cyclone manacost, btw?

Sadly there really isn't a good mana option unless u do elreon ring.

I haven't had any mana issue unless it was on guardians or shaper bc they dont die instantly.

SC 11 mana
BF 14 mana
Last edited by windz on Jan 3, 2017, 10:03:06 PM
"
ekunholy wrote:
Fitting 2 blasphemy + discipline:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#4_uSb/z3Fdc.e

Can use lvl 2 enlighten instead, and grab 4% reservation node for 1 point (near CI keystone).

I think a good way to get decent mana leech as well as life leech (without Heretics) is to have 2 lvl 3 enlightens, socket one with your blasphemy + warlord + ass mark, and the other with discipline. Take out VLT and light golem (or if you have a 5L chest and/or unset ring, socket VLT/light golem in there). That gets you to 96.6% mana reservation, which means if you have ~660+ mana, youll be able to run everything with ~20+ mana (except light golem probs).

If you wanted more mana to cast stuff, you could take the 4% mana reservation node (along with above), and have 92.74% mana reservation, with around ~47+ mana left with ~660+ mana total.
Last edited by Fire309 on Jan 4, 2017, 5:08:53 PM
If you go LL, you can reserve Discipline on life and double blasphemy on mana. I don't have any mana problems at all unless it's no leech/hexproof + no regen maps. But hell, I've even completed that map before without returning to town by just reserving no mana and relying on my mana on kill gloves.

Also, you can drop Inc Crit on SC and put Add Accuracy. Then you can pretty much ignore accuracy on gear slots. Inc Crit isn't really needed on SC because you only ever use it to hit full life enemies where you get the double crit from ascendency.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 5, 2017, 10:14:48 AM
"
dragonsroc wrote:
If you go LL, you can reserve Discipline on life and double blasphemy on mana. I don't have any mana problems at all unless it's no leech/hexproof + no regen maps. But hell, I've even completed that map before without returning to town by just reserving no mana and relying on my mana on kill gloves.

Also, you can drop Inc Crit on SC and put Add Accuracy. Then you can pretty much ignore accuracy on gear slots. Inc Crit isn't really needed on SC because you only ever use it to hit full life enemies where you get the double crit from ascendency.

I think it's probably better to stay with inc crit for consistency, and blade flurry would still definitely need accuracy.

Also, I saw earlier that someone only had 42% crit for BF. Not sure if this is considered high or low, but a low crit chance like that means that BF wouldn't crit all that much? Perhaps for CoC it would be enough, but Cospris also can spawn 4 vortexes a second. You would need like 9-10 aps to make full use of that.

Last, how is Life leech gem working out instead of inc aoe in cospris, windz?
"
Fire309 wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:

I think it's probably better to stay with inc crit for consistency, and blade flurry would still definitely need accuracy.

Also, I saw earlier that someone only had 42% crit for BF. Not sure if this is considered high or low, but a low crit chance like that means that BF wouldn't crit all that much? Perhaps for CoC it would be enough, but Cospris also can spawn 4 vortexes a second. You would need like 9-10 aps to make full use of that.

Last, how is Life leech gem working out instead of inc aoe in cospris, windz?

For SC, remember that you're getting 100% more crit on enemies on full life. This means you only need 50% crit for a 95% crit chance on full life. At full power charges, I'm sitting at ~60% crit plus assassins mark, plus a diamond flask so I'm already like 90% crit chance even without the double crit from ascendency. You really don't need inc crit in SC at all.

Also, cyclone is far superior to BF for the 6L. It hits way more often in my experience. Using BF I wasn't getting every possible proc. Using cyclone I easily hit every Malice and CoC proc. I have ~80% chance to hit in my cylone 6L without inc accuracy and no accuracy on gear. I use an inc crit gem instead of fire pen and have ~67% crit without the extra malice crit on chill, ass mark or diamond flask. So that's going to be ~95% crit chance on bosses. And being LL with only 70% reserved makes mana very easily sustainable for cyclone without any elreon rings or mana on hit. It would definitely be harder for CI if you're reserving most of your mana though.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 5, 2017, 5:45:14 PM
Made a low-life version based on your build in BHC
Gear and some stats

Char name: unholyoopsmissclick, currently lv. 94 Assassin in Hardcore Breach League
Tree: link here

10 085 ES
Running Disc + AA + Double blasp (assmark+warmark)

13 014 DPS on 3L Vortex (lv 21)
20 043 Avg. Dmg on 5L Vortex (lv 21)

With 6PC:
23 493 and 36 256 tooltips

With 6PC + Silver + Promise flasks:
35 454 and 47 134 tooltips

48 unreserved mana, 3 mana cost for SC and 2 mana cost for BF

Jewels are heavily focused on raw damage, lack of IAS is mostly compensated by running with Necro-aurabot in party.
After one incident with corrupted blood from heavily modded rare zombie on map with vuln + 200 ele dmg, I've swapped from Steppan Eards to Death's Door.

Upgrades in this version are pretty straight - more es and res, 6L shavs, unset ring for Vaal Lightning Trap (it is REALLY most effective MORE DMG gem).

Most hated mods:
#1. Mobs take 40% reduced Extra Damage from crits + Enfeeble OR Mobs have 90% chance to avoid elemental status
#2. Players have 25% Less Area of Effect

Really like clear speed of this build type, makes some stupid challenges way easier :)

Thank you for making detailed build thread!
Last edited by ekunholy on Jan 8, 2017, 5:22:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info