Path of Exile Talent Competition Highlights

"
Eyks272 wrote:
I'm a little curious about something here - are people generally disinterested in the written works? I haven't seen even one comment from other people praising or criticizing the short stories and little snippets of poetry.

Not that I'm fishing for praise... My "Nightmare's End" made the list, which makes me absolutely euphoric. I'm so glad that the folks at GGG enjoyed it!

EDIT: Finally found that one typo my friend mentioned to me. Shame I caught it after I made my submission.

I think it's a perfect case when some essence is being made around a make-up problem. For the sake of money, of course. Well, no probs. I vote for the guaranteed pre-payed premium server time during league starts. Think it's fair 'nuff to not pay for loosers when THE event comes. I am able to expand my thoughts far further if anyone is going to fall in arguing. np.

Excuce my English. Am gonna x-plain any word I written with the help of Google.

P.S. All above is written before the topic is read. Once read, the opnion may change.

P.S.S. Read. Nice reading. Fingers crossed you to win. gl buddy
Last edited by cuss on Dec 22, 2016, 1:12:34 PM
The highlight are looking good.
I especially liked that there are some decent story-telling-entries so far.
You've all done a fantastic job imo :D
"
Eyks272 wrote:
I'm a little curious about something here - are people generally disinterested in the written works? I haven't seen even one comment from other people praising or criticizing the short stories and little snippets of poetry.

Not that I'm fishing for praise... My "Nightmare's End" made the list, which makes me absolutely euphoric. I'm so glad that the folks at GGG enjoyed it!

EDIT: Finally found that one typo my friend mentioned to me. Shame I caught it after I made my submission.

You had me within the first few sentences. I had shivers going down my spine! It was absolutely perfect. That's the kind of writing people pay money for. Do you do any other works? I googled your IGN and found a few things, but if you PM me some info, i will read it! You were fantastic. A+++++

Please write more!
"Save a Box" is no joke! A week ago I got one Exalted Orb from a pot!
Hahaha! And this Scion art is hardcore! Oh and this one "The White Abyss". Looks really nice, I was always wondering are we going to have a "snowy act" ever. Something to remind us of the good old Mount Arreat.
"
Eyks272 wrote:

You can correct the typo and resubmit. After all, multiple submissions are allowed. If I were in your shoes, I'd edit my original post then make a note to Bex_GGG. I doubt a typo would make the difference on the quality of your story overall in the competition. :-)

"
Eyks272 wrote:

Since you asked an honest question, I'll give you my own honest answer.

Generally I'm not much of a reader of fiction. As a software engineer and IT tech, my reading is usually focused on reference material and communication. I used to read fiction when I was younger, and my favorites were anything by Dean R Kuntz (ie: Watchers) and Douglas Adams (Hitchicker's Guide to the Galazy). But these days, with multimedia so prevalent, reading fiction as pure text is rather dull to me. I'd need an entire book worth of fiction in order to really get into the story and enjoy it. Perhaps it's a result of our digital world, where we've been conditioned by multimedia and become numb to the written word?

"
Eyks272 wrote:

Since you posted here, I've just read it!

Very shadow-esque. Love the transition from the current events of your battle with Malachai (and the Beast) overlapped with your past and how you've been conditioned to kill, how death has embraced you, and how doing so is a form of meditation for you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Dec 23, 2016, 1:59:45 PM
"Warrior by Brandsvoll" is da bomb!!!
I don't want to sound rude, but WHY/HOW is this second "Written Submission" considered a "Highlight"?? :O
It is VERY short and simple, nothing special, and even the title is non-existent (just "Fan Fiction"), so I had thought it would rather only be an entry for the randomly-chosen reward, nothing more. :O

I plan to write something, too, that's why I said this. I'm lazy as hell and English is not my native language, but something like this I still could have written in a few minutes...
Last edited by Belvis on Dec 26, 2016, 11:39:13 AM
"
Bukkake wrote:
No cakes? I knew I shoulda baked a fancy POE cake!

Bit late to reply, but from the baker of Map cookies, a cake is coming.........
Hey guys here is my second submission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5R1YnlVvw

Check it out if you have the time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info