[2.5] 1% Guardian. 6k ES.40k Armor. 90%phys red. 80+allres. maxblock. BM.LL. 7Auras.2Herals.2Curse

CONTENTS

1. Introduction
1.1 Introduction I - about me and this build
1.2 Introduction II - this build in short
1.3 Introduction III - pros and cons

2. Ascendancy Class, Skill Tree and Bandits
2.1 Ascendancy Class
2.2 Skill Tree
2.3 Bandits

3. Gear
3.1 Necessary Gear
3.2 Recommended Gear
3.3 Rest Gear/Rares
3.4 My current Gear

4. Gems
4.1 Offence/Movement
4.2 Auras/Heralds/Curses

5. Let's talk money

6. Stats
6.1 Offensive Stats
6.2 Defensive Stats

7. Summary and Thanks

1. Introduction
Spoiler

1.1 Introduction I - about me and this build
Spoiler
Hi. So this is my first guide. So don't go to hard on me. Also English isn't my native language so I'm really hanging on to auto correct. I've been playing PoE now for couple of years, but I was never into heavy farming or money making. Nevertheless this Build required a ton of currency to make so I spend nearly a year to complete it - but hey that's the fun about PoE isn't it. Also what I like about PoE is the game mechanical depth - so its fair to say that I spend hours and hours theory-crafting this build. All in all this is a really fine tuned character - just a little less health and you can't cast your spells, just 1% less reduced mana and you can't get all the auras.
I always wanted to make a build with lots of auras and support. The good guy party member. But I didn't want to be the Aura Bot. So I tried to fit as many Auras in one build on the one hand and try to get some decent DPS on the other.
I also used to played some "super crit" and "full dps" builds, but kind of got bored to just one shot or get one shotted - so I also wanted to make a tank.
Disclaimer: This build doesn't run under the terms of clearspeed, budget, farming, most dps, triggercombos or whatever - it's just there to show how far you can get the game and really build whatever you want.

1.2 Introduction II - this build in short
Spoiler

The main offence spell is Blade Vortex.
The main movement skill is Shield Charge.
There are a couple of defensive layers but the main once are ES and Armor.
I use 7 Auras: Determination, Grace, Haste, Hatred, Discipline, Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning
I use 2 Heralds: Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice
I use 2 Curses: Warlords Mark and Enfeeble (You can use Temp Chains or other curses of choice)

I go with Templar and the Guardian ascendancy class - both are vital for this build.

I go Blood Magic and Low Life. Depending on life regeneration to cast spells. Also Ghost Reaver is allocated to leech ES. Iron Reflexes is allocated for Evasion into Armor conversion.

1.3 Introduction III - pros and cons
Spoiler

pros
- very tanky
- multiple layers of tankyness
- decent dps
- good partyplay
- endgame viable

cons
- rather expensive
- no meta (no good clearspeed, no budget, no high crits/dps)
- rather slow
- can't run reflect or no/less regeneration maps
- probably hard to level

2. Ascendancy Class, Skill Tree and Bandits
Spoiler

2.1 Ascendancy Class
Spoiler

The whole build focuses around the Guardian Ascendancy Class.

Direct link for better res: http://imgur.com/a/zAi74

2.2 Skill Tree

2.3 Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kill all (optional you can get Cast Speed)
Merciless: Endurance Charge (I got skill point because I needed the passive point)

3. Gear
Spoiler

3.1 Necessary Gear
Spoiler

- for going low life
- for the extra reduced mana reservation
- for the ES replenish effect. With 40k armor thats 800 ES per block
- Elreon -8 ring to lower the mana cost of Blade Vortex.
- for the extra reduced mana reservation

3.2 Recommended Gear
Spoiler

- for the extra block chance and armor.
- for the extra crit chance and multiplier. Also the rampage effect is a nice buff.
- for the spell block chance
- nice movement speed bonus, defensive layer with the unlucky rolls, double all res, chaos res and light radius
- just solid in slot, but there might be better rare options

3.3 Rest Gear/Rares
Spoiler

Belt:
- for better ES and some Res. Doryanis Invitation (physical variant) might be best in slot, but I needed the extra ES and Res. I crafted this myself but there are a lot better rares to make.
Jewels:
- as you can see in the tree it provides a big ES boost.
- since no mana is reserved it gives a nice buff to spell damage.
- with 7 auras and 2 heralds this also gives a nice boost of flat damage.
Flasks:
- those are pretty mandatory, Vessel is nice because it provides some help against reflect. I also would like to add a Taste of Hate.

3.4 My current Gear
Spoiler

4. Gems
Spoiler

4.1 Offence/Movement
Spoiler

You just run 2 skills.
1. Blade Vortex
Setup:
or when running lower tier maps and you don't need the extra damage:

With the elreon ring the mana cost will be 42 and the unreserved mana will be 44. So just barely enough to cast it. Keep in mind if you want to switch support gems that the mana cost will change and you might have to adjust it elsewhere. This is why I choose Iron Will over Controlled Destruction.
2. Shield Charge
Setup:

I choose the faster attacks here for a smoother playstyle. Optional you can run a golem or a war cry here.

4.2 Auras/Heralds/Curses
Spoiler

So here it gets a little complicated. The best way to show it, is to look at the calculator:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#yv34pAPd/pZft.0/zH=OLb.6/tNrp.Snb/xB3l.=c/BWlVb.
So the first block goes into your boots. Because boots can have +1 Socketed gems which pushes your Enlighten from level4 to level5.
The seconed block shows that you run Hatred without Enlighten (there are not enough sockets) but you will get the maximum reduction form the helm enchantment. The other viable options to do this with are Grace, Haste and Determination. So grab whatever enchantment you can get for them.
The third block shows your Alphas Howl. It gives a +2 to auras, so it will boost the most important once. Discipline is crucial for ES and the Purities push your max-resistances to 5% flat +the bonus to auras from the tree.
The last two blocks are going into your 3links.
This is really fine tuned. If you can't get the helm enchantment, you can't run all auras. Same for 2x level4 Enlightens and +1 Boots. All have to have the exact color to fit the gems in this way. I will talk about the problems with this later on.

5. Let's talk money
Spoiler

So like I said this build doesn't come cheap. But there are also some hidden costs. So here is what i spend:
Shavs 6L: 14EX
Divinarius: 1EX
Aegis: selffound / cost: 30C
+1 Curse Anvil: selfcrafted / cost: 4EX
Shadows and Dust: 2EX
+1 Rainbowstride: 1EX
Alphas with enchant: 5EX
Loris Lantern: 1C
Elreon Ring: selfcrafted / cost: 1EX
Belt: selfcrafted / cost: 1EX

hidden cost:
Alphas Howl has to be BBBR, which is completely offcolor. Cost: 1000 Chromatics
Rainbowstride has to be GGRB, which is mostly offcolor. Cost: 65 Chromatics + Vaals

Like I said earlier there is not much wiggle room with the colors. You have to hit it. For my part I failed on the Rainbowstrides making them cost 2EX more then I wanted. Sometimes RNG is on your side, sometimes it's not. :)

6. Stats
Spoiler

6.1 Offensive Stats
Spoiler

DPS is about 26k. Which is ok for Blade Vortex.

Overall unbuffed:

Overall buffed:

6.2 Defensive Stats
Spoiler

So there are a couple of defensive layers.
1. ES. This build runs 6k ES, which I know doesn't sound much. But there a more layers to compensate this.
2. Armor and physical reduction. This build got 40k armor. The Guardian ascendancy gives you extra physical reduction pushing it to 84%. With three Endurance Charges you go up to 90% physical reduction. You could alternate the tree (and the bandit option) to get 3 more Endurance Charges, pushing you to the 100%.
3. Block and spell block. This build sits at a 47% to block attacks and 11% to block spells. With Rumi's it goes up to 76% and 30%. (With a better rolled one you can get up to 78%)
4. Purities. Cold resistance is at 80%, fire and lightning at 82%. If you allocate the "Influence" point on the tree you will get another 1% max res for fire and lightning.
5. Lori's Lantern gives your enemies a chance to roll unlucky hits. Its especially effective versus big hits, so it does lower the chance to get one shot.
6. Due to Uniques and Ascendancy you're most of the time immune to stun and freeze. Also the effectiveness versus curses is lowered and you cleanse status ailments once in a while.
7. Blasphemy-Curses. Warlord's Mark lets you constantly leech and Enfeeble will lower the damage output of your opponents. Both are great defensive choices.
8. Constant Fortify due to Shield Charge.

Overall unbuffed:

Overall buffed:

7. Summary and Thanks
Spoiler

So I know this is not the "i want to build that"-build. But I hope you enjoyed reading it and everyone who loves theory-crafting probably had a good time. :)
Like I said earlier I spend almost a year building this from scraps. Leveling, corrupting enlightens and anvils, curse RNG while spending 150 vaals and 2000 chromatics - but it was a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks GGG!
In this time a lot of people supported me and pointed stuff out or just helped me leveling. So special thanks to: Baader420, Jayonas and Weaselman.

PS: It would really make me happy to get featured in the Build of the Week showcase. ;)
Last edited by willeke on Dec 21, 2016, 9:22:37 AM
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2017, 3:49:07 PM
It sounds like you love your build and you have created a great guide for it.
Is this Shaper viable?
your avg damage (26K) is under 20 stacks of BV?
Why are you using so many unique items ? For instance the jewel you listed for reduced mana resaervation can easily be replaced with better rolled rare jewel with nicer stats although i can see the use of the free quest version for a short time.I assume your using divinarious for its radious mod. a six link shavs is a bit costly and i havent nabbed one of those yet myself with so many other options available, your cost estimates are enough to cause sticker shock,,,lol Divinarius: 1EX is inflated as well as most of the items you listed, I can only assume you priced these items (i was going to say at the start of new league) but you stated you respecced into your build so Standard ? Still think your price checks/estimates are high by a good deal rainbowstride boots,,even with +1 gem mod isnt worth 1 ex you could surly corrupt your own for less it seems like, grats on your build though.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
Haven't tested Shaper so for.

Yes dmg is for 20 stacks ... I think it can go up a little more, because most gems arent at 20/20

"Reduced mana reservation" is exclusive for the unique jewel, you can't find it on rare once. Yes Divinarius is in for the AoE - if you don't rely on it, you could switch for a high spelldamage rare one.
I just looked up poe.trade and there are 4 Divinarius < 1Ex with rolls like the one i posted. Same with +1 Rainbows and I think crafting them yourself will end up being more expensive. (For I spend 100 chromatics for getting these colors alone).

Ty for the reply. ATM I'm not playing, but if I do, level-up gems etc. I will post an update.
Thanks for the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info